INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

PRODIGY EMAIL

Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by Jim W on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Need a fix...LOL. I can receive my prodigy mail in Arizona, but, can't send via prodigy! I know it's probably EZ fix, but how?

Thanks in advance,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5153
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 71
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by Rolly on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Prodigy has a bad reputation as a spam machine, so many IPs block it. That may be your problem.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 841
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 88
Location : Lerdo, Durago
Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by ComputerGuy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Sending from outside your Provider's home base often requires changing the SMTP port. If you know how to do this, change it to 587 or 465. If you don't know how, you can Google a description.

BTW, Prodigy's bad rep is long gone. They instituted measures years ago to squash spammers.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2084
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by Zedinmexico on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 am

HelperGuy wrote:Sending from outside your Provider's home base often requires changing the SMTP port. If you know how to do this, change it to 587 or 465. If you don't know how, you can Google a description.

BTW, Prodigy's bad rep is long gone. They instituted measures years ago to squash spammers.


Bingo.. When you have problems sending mail on a new internet provider you generally have to change
the SMTP. Email support at Prodigy can answer your situation or just try HelperGuys solution. This is
a standard problem everybody who travels should know about. I had the same problem when I moved
here to Telmex DSL from US Comcast. Why they don't standardize this I will never know.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5278
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by ComputerGuy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 am

Within your own network, 25 is okay, because it's your own account. 587 is used for security reasons, because it requires the sender's "authentication", which helps prevent spam and abuse.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2084
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by joec on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 am

Jim W wrote:Need a fix...LOL. I can receive my prodigy mail in Arizona, but, can't send via prodigy! I know it's probably EZ fix, but how?

Thanks in advance,

Jim W

Get rid of Prodigy and go to Lagunanet. I've been with Rod Collins at Laguna for 11 years and no complaints. Personalized service too.

You'll get no satisfaction from any company owned by Carlos Slim.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1214
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 74
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by ComputerGuy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 am

That's just a ridiculous statement, John. Anyone travelling and dealing with LagunaNet is going to have much more difficulty with email settings; Rod is super-careful, and leaves very little in the hands of subscribers.

And you just painted a wide swath of commentary with nothing to back it up, suggesting that anything Slim does is not good. I rarely have trouble with TelMex, and they always know how to fix it... even my speed problems earlier this year got resolved to the point where I am now paying half of what I used and getting the same 5 Mbits speed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2084
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by joec on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 am

HelperGuy wrote:That's just a ridiculous statement, John. Anyone travelling and dealing with LagunaNet is going to have much more difficulty with email settings; Rod is super-careful, and leaves very little in the hands of subscribers.

And you just painted a wide swath of commentary with nothing to back it up, suggesting that anything Slim does is not good. I rarely have trouble with TelMex, and they always know how to fix it... even my speed problems earlier this year got resolved to the point where I am now paying half of what I used and getting the same 5 Mbits speed.

Never had problems travelling and accessing my email, no matter where I travelled even on the cruise ship.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1214
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 74
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by ComputerGuy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am

I'm willing to bet Rod got you set up one time, way back, for that purpose.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2084
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by MexicoPete on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:02 am

Perhaps more than a year ago, Rod changed his incoming and out going mail settings and mail program, so that with Outlook Express, for example, I can travel anywhere and do not have to change either my incoming mail (POP3) or outgoing going mail (SMTP) settings. Both are "mail.laguna.com.mx"

That's right, even when connecting via Compast or Rogers for example the SMTP settings remain the same and I'm able to both receive and send mail via lagunanet.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1892
Join date : 2012-04-21
Age : 109
Location : Ajijic, Seattle, & Vancouver Island

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by ComputerGuy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Then my apologies and I have to hand it to Rod for stepping up.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2084
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

PRODIGY EMAIL Empty Re: PRODIGY EMAIL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum