INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salmonella Poisoning!!

+16
Flamingo
Jim W
CheenaGringo
Carry Bean
binky
rosie&sam
viajero
Trailrunner
gringal
E-raq
CanuckBob
johninajijic
schraderone
brigitte
ferret
Guiness
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Salmonella Poisoning!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Salmonella Poisoning!!

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:37 pm

That probably helps too...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm

It certainly helps create E-raq's "hostile environment". ;0

Got a question...
At some point in time over our lives, we have all taken antibiotics for one thing or another.
Since antibiotics kill EVERYTHING, including the good bacteria, how many of you have repopulated your digestive tract with Lactobacillus (various kinds) either during and/or after the antibiotic treatment? It is available in capsule form for those who either don't like yogurt or don't tolerate it well.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I always do it after taking antibiotics.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 am

Probiotics are a must if you're on antibiotics. But, I also eat 'proper' yogurt (the flavored brand names don't usually have much in the way of beneficial bacteria) and kefir to keep my digestive tract as healthy as possible. Thumbs up

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

brigitte wrote:E-Raq
I believe you are right. My husband is asymptomatic for a while and then really gets it wether it is amoebas or salmonella. I always get sicker sooner than he does but he gets it without fail as well just later than I do.

I read somewhere in the paper while I was in Chiapas that most indigenous had an average of 7 types of parasites in their system. Some of them get blind from the water they drink and many get sick and from various parasites , virus and bacterias . Many of them are also lactose intolerant according to my Tsotsil teacher.
Many of the locals get sick every April just like we do but our ailments last longer and we get it worst . When it is the season..we all get sick eventually mostly from repiratory problems and air born e-coli.

With amoebas Brigitte, there are two phases, one is cystic, inactive and the active phase the trophozoite. Therefore you may have recurrent bouts of illness. They will cycle between the two phases making detection difficult. A good lab can tell you if they saw any cysts, which would indicate that you may be in for another bout of illness, or if the little beggars are in the active phase. Here's a handy dandy photo reference taken from phase contrast studies. To truly eliminate these bad guys literally can take over a month of treatment, or treatment using two different antibiotics. Trouble is they can easily come back. No double dipping at cocktail parties.

http://www.provlab.ab.ca/webbug/parasite/artifact/ehistoartifacts.htm

Kinda cute, but the acid test is to watch them at work. Their movements are unmistakeable. Possibly their most insidious activity is removing the nuclei of our white blood cells. So they are busily at work ruining our own immune systems. YUCK.

BTW I am having pretty reasonable success with colloidal silver in heading off infections before they get a real grip. This is available at Prasad health food shop. I mean anything, such as airborne illness or bacterial infections in the gut. So, at the first sign of anything take a real healthy swig of this stuff, then continue for a day or two, and see how you make out.

Amoebas on the other hand can move in and out of the cystic phase so that's why you really need to hit them with both barrels and with a lengthy treatment.

Hostile environments in the mouth can be maintained with 3% hydrogen peroxide, diluted 50% if necessary. The
bubbles are oxygen.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and by no means should it be construed as medical or dental advice.

Over to ferret.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 am

LOL! Don't have a lot of experience with amoebas in the lab so I'm counting on your experience. They are NASTY little f**kers and can remain dormant in various organs for years until you may conditions ripe for them with a compromised immune system. I'll stick with bacteria...I can grow 'em, I can see 'em and I can identify 'em.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Traveller wrote:
Hensley wrote:I freeze all meat I buy so it kills all the bugs so we don't get sick.

As Zedinmexico said, freezing does not kill "all the bugs" but it does stop them from multiplying during the time they're frozen. Thaw them out, and they start growing again. Both E. Coli and Salmonella, two of the most common causes of food-borne illness, are well able to survive freezing.

Refrigeration at below 40 degrees F (4 C) slows the growth of most pathogens. Some types can multiply at refrigerature temperatures.

Cooking thoroughly will kill most, but not all, pathogens.

Some pathogens produce toxins which are not destroyed by either cooking or freezing, and which can make you sick even though the "bugs" are already dead.

You can't always tell by taste, smell or appearance if your food is "safe" or not.

May I recommend the FDA's free pdf at http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodborneIllness/FoodborneIllnessFoodbornePathogensNaturalToxins/BadBugBook/default.htm

¡Buen provecho!

I moved the above to this thread because it is an OUTSTANDING download. Thank you Traveller.
Kinda makes you wonder how any of us managed to live this long. Line of first defense is a strong immune system. Don't forget to keep your Lactobacillus population up...yogurt, kefir (I forgot that one...thanks for the reminder IslandGirl) or capsules.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 pm

For those using colloidal silver - you may find the following article interesting:

"Drinking silver will turn you blue - and here's why":

"Homeopathic medicine, colon cleanses, juice fasts: Of all the
unproven health remedies, one of the weirdest may be taking colloidal
silver. People drink the silver solution in an attempt to keep
infections at bay, but those who drink too much turn a disturbing shade
of blue-gray, a condition known as argyria.
Now, researchers have figured out why too much of the shiny drink
can leave someone looking like the Tin Man. The same chemical process
that develops black-and-white photographs also pigments the skin,
according to an October 9 study in ACS Nano.

"It’s the first conceptual model giving the whole picture of how one
develops this condition," said study co-author Robert Hurt, a
researcher at Brown University, in a press release.

Enthusiasts of colloidal silver believe the metal's antibacterial properties will
keep them from getting sick. There's no proof it works, but there is
proof that taking too much can leave people permanently blue......

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/26/14727485-drinking-silver-will-turn-you-blue-and-heres-why?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 am

CheenaGringo wrote:For those using colloidal silver - you may find the following article interesting:

"Drinking silver will turn you blue - and here's why":

"Homeopathic medicine, colon cleanses, juice fasts: Of all the
unproven health remedies, one of the weirdest may be taking colloidal
silver. People drink the silver solution in an attempt to keep
infections at bay, but those who drink too much turn a disturbing shade
of blue-gray, a condition known as argyria.
Now, researchers have figured out why too much of the shiny drink
can leave someone looking like the Tin Man. The same chemical process
that develops black-and-white photographs also pigments the skin,
according to an October 9 study in ACS Nano

"It’s the first conceptual model giving the whole picture of how one
develops this condition," said study co-author Robert Hurt, a
researcher at Brown University, in a press release.

Enthusiasts of colloidal silver believe the metal's antibacterial properties will
keep them from getting sick. There's no proof it works, but there is
proof that taking too much can leave people permanently blue......

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/26/14727485-drinking-silver-will-turn-you-blue-and-heres-why?lite

That's absolutely correct Neil. However it is only seen in extreme cases or in silver colloids improperly prepared. Do not make it yourself using you tube videos, yes they are out there. Silver can combine with other chemicals to form silver compounds, some of which could be quite dangerous.

It's is proven, contrary to the article, and has been used for many many years in the eyes of newborns in hospitals.

The warning however is good to know about, because a lot of people take this as a preventative every day. Do not do that, only use it when you have symptoms and only until they are gone. Period. Also buy your colloidal silver from a reputable manufacturer.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3