INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai?

5 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai? Empty Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai?

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Does anyone have any feedback or reviews on Simply Thai since the new management and Chef took over?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai? Empty Re: Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai?

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:45 pm

John, Debbie and I had dinner there @ 4:30 today. Since this is the 1st time I've had Thai food in decades, I'm not qualified to rate. However, we had the # 8 and # 9. We did meet the new owner, who was friendly as she introduced herself. I think she mentioned she purchased from her neice, and took over around the 17th of September.

The service was fast and friendly! A lot of food. Chicken and Shrimp was cooked to perfection....many restaurants here tend to over cook Shrimp....theirs was perfect. I'm not sure about the spring rolls, as I couldn't find the shrimp in them. Blackeye lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai? Empty Re: Does Anyone Have any Feedback or Reviews on Simply Thai?

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Good, not great. The Pad Thai (which is the standard for Thai restaurants) is only adequate.

Service however is excellent and the decor is very good.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I'll copy this from comments I made on TOB. We dined there for lunch today and spoke extensively with the new owner (we were early and they weren't busy yet). She seems very quality oriented and particular about where she gets ingredients and how they're prepared. ...

===========
We went to Simply Thai for lunch today. We're new to the area and sampling a variety of restaurants, so we'd never been to this one (with the previous ownership) for comparison. Hubby got the Spicy Stir Fried Vegetables with Beef, and had them increase the spice level from one to two peppers. A nice touch was that they brought out some additional spicy sauce so he could adjust to just the right level of heat. The sauce had a tiny, tiny serving spoon... consider it a warning! His meal came with a very hot bowl of steamed rice - the heat of the bowl helped keep the rice warm through the entire meal. I had a #3 Special with spring rolls and house fried rice. I had them substitute crispy spring rolls instead, which were nicely done, very hot and crispy. The fried rice was excellent, with very tender chicken and shrimp. Both of us enjoyed our entres and thought they were well prepared. The server spoke excellent English and was very helpful. Hubby ordered a decaf coffee, and he made a fresh pot since they only had regular brewed already. I had a Coke Light, and the owner sent out a sample of "Thai Tea" for me to taste, which I'll definitely get next time (she explained that it has ingredients to help calm the digestive system after eating spicy food - very tasty). We experienced no problems with the food or service, and plan to return.

As for the new ownership and problems with changes... The new owner, Kinna, came out to speak with us after we were done eating. She was very pleasant and commented about being sorry for any problems people had experienced recently. Apparently, she is the aunt of the previous owner, and had come for a 2-week visit recently, about the time her niece was wanting to close the restaurant to do other things. Two days after Kinna arrived, there was chaos at the restaurant, with most or all of the staff deciding to quit. Since Kinna previously had a restaurant in California, she stepped in to help and ended up agreeing to take over rather than let the restaurant close. She has been handling much of the work herself (long hours, 6 days a week) while finding and training new staff, which probably explains some of the issues people have had... obviously some turmoil until things get settled. However, she seems very responsive to diners' needs. She even explained that one person had an allergy to ingredients in regular soy sauce, so she got a special sauce that she keeps on hand for whenever that person dines there. She's also planning to add other items to the menu in response to requests, including items from other Oriental areas besides Thailand.

I wish Kinna the best of luck in getting a struggling business back on its feet after some issues, and imagine it has been quite the experience to come for a visit and end up staying to take over her niece's restaurant during such upheaval!

Heather

hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Our last meal at Simply Thai was simply abysmal. We ordered Spring Rolls both fried and fresh. The "fresh" ones were stuffed with lettuce that had seen better days and did not taste fresh at all. We are talking iceberg lettuce here...cheap and plentiful, there is just no excuse to serve old lettuce unless you just don't give a crap and/or think your customers are swine that will eat anything and not notice that their food is in an advanced state of decay.

The real surprise came with the fried spring rolls. They were long and skinnier than taquitos and were nothing more than the pastry rolled very tightly with a thin smear of something white...cream cheese maybe? What's up with that? They were not spring rolls and they were not good.

One of us had Pho because it was very good the last time we went...but this time it was bland and she had made it with Pad Thai noodles instead of the thinner, round noodles and it was dreadful.
Pad Thai was just O.K. Service was excellent.

Kinna came out and talked to us just like she did the first time we went. She asked and we were forthcoming and honest with our opinions. So again she apologised for all kinds of things...she ran out of Pho noodles because she didn't know how much to buy becuz she didn't know how many people she would have, and there is some sort of noodle shortage in Guadalajara and she can't find bean sprouts and noodles and coconut milk cost 3 x what they costs in the states and blah blah blah....ugh, I am so over that place and I had so hoped it would succeed.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down