INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico?

+9
hound dog
gringal
Axixic
simpsca
Uncle Jack
solajijic
SunsetKid
Lady Otter Latté
johninajijic
13 posters

Go down

Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico? Empty Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico?

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 am

Can you buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico? If so, where? Costco does not have it.

As you know this is the strength Doctors recommend to protect your heart and strokes.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico? Empty Re: Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 am

I have bought it at Farmacia Guadalajara, Soriana´s and Walmart´s pharmacies.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico? Empty Re: Can You Buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico?

Post by SunsetKid Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:22 am

The only ones I could find were 100mg at Walmart and Costco.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 am

If you don't find it in the aspirin shelves look in the baby area. I find it at all the usual retailers.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:50 am

SunsetKid wrote:The only ones I could find were 100mg at Walmart and Costco.

Thank you for your replies. I was at Costco yesterday and had to buy the 100 mg Bayer Aspirin Protect. I asked if they had it and a well dressed gentlemen said he was a Doctor and they don't have it in Mexico. I thought that was very odd.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 pm

81mg or 100mg....does it really make that much difference?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm

I by it at Walmart in the prescription area. You have to ask for it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Do not start a daily aspirin regimen without first consulting your doctor.

81 mgs is the standard dosage in "baby aspirin".
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Axixic wrote:Do not start a daily aspirin regimen without first consulting your doctor.

81 mgs is the standard dosage in "baby aspirin".

Absolutely consult your doctor. Some people are inclined to bleed easily and aspirin promotes that.....so along with a few other possible problems......learn first and swallow the pills later. Or, as the old saw goes: the person who self-medicates has a fool for a patient.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 pm

It´s all 100 MG in Mexico. Dawg took the 81 MG aspirin every day for some 20 years in California and has taken the 100 MG aspirin for eleven years here in Mexico. The baby aspirin and aspirin "protect" in Mexico is all 100 MG. There is no 81 MG aspirin here at any pharmacy. This means that, since coming to Mexico in 2001, I have ingested in excess of approximately 71,000 more MG of aspirin than I would have ingested had I stayed in San Francisco.

I also took the standard weak hashish available in Alabama in the 1960s and early 70s for a while in the 1960s and switched to the far more powerful hash in Nepal in 1969 and survived that change as well without consulting a doctor. Since coming to Mexico, I no longer take any mind altering drugs except tequila and my cheeseburgers are not as tasty.

For cheeseburger enhancement, I recommend the Kathmandu hash but I never found a good burger joint there in the 60s not using muskox.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Dawg,how did you manage to get Mexico,California,San Francisco,Alabama and Nepal into a post about baby aspirin?You're the Man.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:23 pm

viajero wrote:Dawg,how did you manage to get Mexico,California,San Francisco,Alabama and Nepal into a post about baby aspirin?You're the Man.

Thank you Viajero. I could have worked in France, Kenya, Zanzibar Island, Ethiopia, Greece, Egypt and Mozambique but I´m saving those for my next posting. One must know when to let up.

I must say that I am complimented in the extreme to have received a doubtful accolade from the only geezer at Lakeside who knows the difference between "your" and the contraction "you´re".

Guy on his first trip to Hawaii walks up a stranger upon arrival and inquires, "How do you pronounce the name of this place; Hawaii or Havaii?" The stranger replies, "Havaii." To which out hero replies, "Well thank you." and the stranger responds, "You´re velcome.".

My favorite Henny Youngman joke.

Guy gets on an elevator and, just after the door closes, the cable breaks and the elevator plunges 30 floors to the basement. Guy is lying there all broken up and dying and just before he passes out, his last words were, "I said up.".

Last edited by hound dog on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Dawg, I like your posts and miss them when you're not posting.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 pm

johninajijic wrote:Can you buy 81 mg Aspirin in Mexico? If so, where? Costco does not have it.

As you know this is the strength Doctors recommend to protect your heart and strokes.

I protect my strokes with tequila
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 am

gringomojado wrote:
I protect my strokes with tequila

Now THAT was funny.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:47 am

Uncle Jack wrote:81mg or 100mg....does it really make that much difference?

uj

I'm with Uncle Jack here. A standard aspirin tablet is 325 mg. Now think back to the days when doctors told you to take 2 aspirins and call him in the morning, 650 mg. How could a mere 19 mg. make the slightest bit of difference? I'll take either, and am now supposed to take them daily for life.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:06 am

I'm assuming the aspirin is coated and time release?
Everybody is different...for my hubby the aspirin is a real stomach irritant...even the coated kind. He's been on Sintrom (as a blood thinner) for 15 years because of the artificial arteries in the legs. No problems.
My mum took the aspirin and her eyes bled.
ONLY UNDER A DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION...as stated by Axixic.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:40 am

ferret wrote:I'm assuming the aspirin is coated and time release?
Everybody is different...for my hubby the aspirin is a real stomach irritant...even the coated kind. He's been on Sintrom (as a blood thinner) for 15 years because of the artificial arteries in the legs. No problems.
My mum took the aspirin and her eyes bled.
ONLY UNDER A DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION...as stated by Axixic.

The ones I have from Mexico are both time release and coated, 100 mg. I have another bottle from the U.S. which is enteric coated but not time release, 81 mg.. Now the Mexican ones are definitely way more expensive, however if you are taking any nsaids, such as ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, it would probably pay to use the time release tablets.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down