INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Cast Iron Frying Pans and Griddles

Go down

Cast Iron Frying  Pans and Griddles Empty Cast Iron Frying Pans and Griddles

Post by ferret on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm

They have a nice selection in Liverpool. I was looking for a griddle and saw a nice reversible cast iron one there...one side totally flat and the other side ridged. Since it was so heavy that I couldn't even lift it, I settled for a triple aluminum with an anodized surface. I'm looking forward to making normal sized pancakes again...unfortunately Costco was out of Maple Syrple. :(
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cast Iron Frying  Pans and Griddles Empty Re: Cast Iron Frying Pans and Griddles

Post by Chapalagringa on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I bought my Lodge cast iron at El Palacio de Hierro last year & love it! Looks like there's a sale there too.

pots & pans

You could put some honey on them :) yummy! Recently, I made hot cakes w/banana & walnuts...oh my, obviously, tastes like banana bread.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Cast Iron Frying  Pans and Griddles Empty Re: Cast Iron Frying Pans and Griddles

Post by johninajijic on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:55 am

We cook perfect pancakes of all types on our Mabe griddle which spans the two center burners of the stove.

We have a complete set of those extra heavy cast iron pans that are brand new and never used. I suspect we'll be selling them as we're taking nothing except antiques and artwork North with us.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 am

you should sell them now, many people are looking for them . I have two old ones and I would not part with them for anything. I also have the cast iron griddle from Liverpool and love it as well.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

brigitte wrote:you should sell them now, many people are looking for them . I have two old ones and I would not part with them for anything. I also have the cast iron griddle from Liverpool and love it as well.

Some people love cast iron. We still prefer a "good quality" teflon pan for everything. We have a huge 13" teflon T Fal pan that we bought at Liverpool and hit the 20% discount day. It was no higher priced than Walmart. We love Liverpool, a class act.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 pm

John, when you get ready to sell those caste iron pans, post them and stand back. When we moved down here I told MDH to choose the one he wanted and pack it. He packed neither??? and is still complaining.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum