INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries

+3
Carry Bean
coffeeguy
Lady Otter Latté
7 posters

Go down

Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries Empty Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm

http://eatinglocalatlakeside.blogspot.mx/
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries Empty Re: Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries

Post by coffeeguy Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Yep that's my humble local food blog and it's very much a work in progress. I appreciate any recommendations of great local (i.e. Mexican) places to include. To be clear I've got nothing against the many excellent international cuisine places at Lakeside - on the contrary am very grateful they're here - but saw a need as no one seemed to be writing much about local Mexican food and a lot of expats who want to dive in have felt hesitant.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries Empty Re: Round Up of Lakeside Local Eateries

Post by Carry Bean Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:19 am

I didn't see Lake Taco (on the Libriamento) or Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala listed. Also, Manix in Ajijic.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks Carry Bean. I added Viva México and am overdue to visit Lake Taco. I'm going to skip Manix, good as it is, because with so much focus on places serving international/gringo food I want to keep this little blog focused on places that only serve Mexican food.

The reason I titled the piece "skimming the surface" is because that's all I can realistically do, since there are so many places, new places opening, old ones closing, taco stands that pop up only at night known only to locals, etc.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:18 am

Best taco stand in Ajijic is at the corner of Guadalupe Victoria and J. Encarnacion Rosas, one block south of Farmacia Guadalajara. I also recommend the Superburrito restaurant, two blocks up the hill from the Farmacia on J. Encarnacion Rosas.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 am

Lake Taco is definitely not to be missed. Fresh, fast and delicious, with a condiment bar to fix it all your way.
All that, and a lake view dining area, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Not to detract from your provision of a great and interesting service, but I'd have to say that pozole at Memo's in Ajijic is superior to anything I've had in Chapala, with bigger portions, too. And their sopes are excellent.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I agree with Helper Guy on this one. Memo's pozole is legendary.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Smartalex what are the hours (mas o menos) of the taco stand you mentioned?
Lake Taco is at the top of my list to visit, and will go to Memo's again to see if their pozole has improved.

Appreciate all the recommendations very much.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

coffeeguy wrote:Thanks all for the suggestions.

Smartalex what are the hours (mas o menos) of the taco stand you mentioned?
Lake Taco is at the top of my list to visit, and will go to Memo's again to see if their pozole has improved.

Appreciate all the recommendations very much.

This is a night shift taco stand. They open around 6:00 and stay open to midnight, sometimes later. Some nights they're closed...wish I could tell you which ones. Don't expect Memo's pozole to have changed. They still make it the same way the abuela taught them.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 pm

There is that breakfast resto on the carretara west of Chapala, about half way between the Chapala stoplights and the 711 on the north side. Great place, great food, gringo prices. Great patio out back. Love it.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down