INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive Around Lake Patzcuaro

2 posters

Go down

Drive Around Lake Patzcuaro Empty Drive Around Lake Patzcuaro

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 am

On August 21st, we headed out from Patzcuaro to make a full loop around the Lake. In the video, you will see where we drove through Tzintzuntzan and made a side trip to Capula before driving through Quiroga and Santa Fe de Laguna before heading down the west side of the Lake. Kind of a dreary day but the entire area was incredibly green:

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Drive Around Lake Patzcuaro Empty Re: Drive Around Lake Patzcuaro

Post by quiltbugj Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm enjoying your driving videos - I have a really stupid - probably obvious to everyone else- question. What is the purpose of them? I know I really appreciate seeing what the roads and towns are like - gives me more confidence to think about taking trips in our car when we are back Lakeside. (probably answered my own question!)
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:04 pm

quiltbugj: I will try and address your very valid question without being too wordy on the topic.

To start off, we really enjoy traveling Mexico but have noticed through years of research that there is a tendency to publicize the major coastal resorts and a few other select areas. What we would call Central Mexico takes it "in the shorts" when it comes to guidebooks, information on travel sites such as TripAdvisor, certain amounts of negative publicity, information disseminated to travel agencies/groups and on down the line. We started our travels to these areas back in 2008 and have seen many areas adversely affected from an economic standpoint. I got away from photography for many years but when I renewed my interest, I decided to document our travels and put this information out there for more people to be exposed to. I also chose to tackle TripAdvisor and hopefully improve their available information through reviews on restaurants, hotels and attractions as this site claims to be the largest travel site in the world.

As for the video end of things, this was a new effort that I came up with for our most recent trip. There are plenty of travel warnings out there saying to only travel the cuotas and don't drive the back roads to the smaller towns or villages. Plenty of our videos contain scenes taken while driving the more rural roads and we certainly didn't hesitate to drive into some relatively small towns or villages. And I think we were able to provide some visuals on unique spots and some beautiful countryside. As I mentioned in another post, I do look at "Google Analytics" to get an idea what countries these videos are being viewed from. When I see the US viewers leading the viewing numbers, I become hopeful that some new people are being exposed to a few aspects of Mexico that may trigger added interest.

For us, Mexico offers incredible beauty, a rich history and wonderful people!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Thank you very much! We will be retiring in 2016 and are already building a home on the western edge of Ajijic. I am spending several hours each week learning Spanish online so we will feel comfortable travelling those roads and towns "less traveled!" thank you so much for your videos!

Judy
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down