INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Kindle Readers

5 posters

Go down

For Kindle Readers Empty For Kindle Readers

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:50 am

There is a free Kindle book titled: Manana Doesn't Mean Tomorrow. Have no idea how well written it is but it doesn't cost anything to find out. Free offer ends after today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00947X0H0

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For Kindle Readers Empty Re: For Kindle Readers

Post by gringal Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 am

CheenaGringo wrote:There is a free Kindle book titled: Manana Doesn't Mean Tomorrow. Have no idea how well written it is but it doesn't cost anything to find out. Free offer ends after today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00947X0H0

Chuckle. You live in Mexico for more than a week and you find that one out faster than you can read the book, but thanks for the reference, CG. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 am

It a better waste of time than bashing and belittling people on forums and the price is right.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am

I think it's time to upgrade my Kindle, now that the pages are whiter, the contrast is better, and the text is sharper. Add to that the built-in page light, and it's worth switching.[url=paperwhite]Called the Paperwhite.[/url]
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 pm

So, Helper Guy - why would you choose the Paperwhite over one of the Fire models that have color and more options?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:So, Helper Guy - why would you choose the Paperwhite over one of the Fire models that have color and more options?
The two have different design criteria - so depends on what you want. If you want the best ereader, get a paperwhite. If you want a multipurpose device - does a lot but is not best at anything - get a tablet.

This review may help http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3126_7-57507546/amazons-new-kindles-everything-you-need-to-know-faq/
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:46 pm

MadMax echoes my sentiments on this. I use my current Kindle 3 for reading, and I really just want to improve that experience. I am reading more books and a wider range of publications since I got my Kindle. I skipped buying the touch Kindle, to wait for better e-paper, and now it's here.

The only reason for me to buy a Fire ro a Google or an iPad at this point would be to help my customers by keeping one step ahead. I've had enough techno toys in my lifetime, and like my iPod Touches, they would just sit on my desk, gathering dust. (Although I use the Touch with camera to FaceTime my daughter in Canada, free of charge, wherever there is WiFi. That's pretty cool.)

Here in Mexico, the apps that I would find useable aren't workable... most have to do with GPS and location (as in, where's the closest pizza joints, or is there a traffic jam up ahead). And the price of data here is prohibitive.

When the Fire or something similar is large enough for me to read my magazines... and at 8.9" it's getting close... I'll be more tempted. Also, considering it's the "apps" that make or break these things, Amazon has a looong way to go to catch up to the iPad, although between Google and Amazon they are really pushing those price points down. I would be very happy with an electronic TV Guide to replace the damned Shaw Direct Onscreen Guide. They are getting close, doubling as remote controls.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down