INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ticks

3 posters

Go down

Ticks Empty Ticks

Post by otbdiane Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Just went to the groomer on Mon and found out my dog had ticks. He was given a "dip bath" and it was suggested that I use Frontline EVERY month. I am suppose to wait two days then apply the Frontline. In the meantime I also have two cats and they have Frontline for cats so they had to be dosed. Don't know where the dog got the ticks but definitely do not want them in my house so what can I do to prevent further infestation?

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Ticks Empty Re: Ticks

Post by Guiness Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 am

We had the same problem last summer with our pack. For the dogs use Frontline Plus instead of just Frontline. It works to kill both ticks and fleas.
Being that your dog had ticks and has been in your home, you might want to consider getting your home treated! We found ticks everywhere, closets, under carpets, in corners etc - even in the bathroon!!
We called Fumiga - I don't have their phone number handy right now, but you can look them up. They are great guys and wil come and treat your home both inside and out. We use Frontline Plus every month, have 7 dogs and have Fumiga treat our property 4 times a year. It's money well spent. Ticks carry Lime Disease - be very careful!
What I learned is that it's only the female tick that feeds off the dog. When it has injested enough blood, it detaches, drops off the animal and finds a place to lay her thousands of eggs! That is why it's important to treat your home and yard! Good luck, ticks are horrible creatures!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks, will call fumigator and set up appointment.

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Before you cover the house with poisons, check around to be sure you even have ticks in the house. Tick season is usually only for a few months and although I have had dogs with beau coup ticks, we have never had a problem with ticks in the house. We use Advantex or FrontLine Plus.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I also had a friend tell me to cool it on the fumigating. I used Frontline this month and have been checking the dog every day to make sure there are no more ticks. Will change over to either Advantex or Frontline Plus next month. Do not want to overdo dosing. I also have COPD which includes asthma so have to be careful what I use. Thanks for the info.

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down