INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead

+3
johninajijic
CanuckBob
simpsca
7 posters

Go down

Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead Empty Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:41 pm

JOCOTEPEC, (25/AGO/2012.) - Inside a grocery store, located in the municipality
of Jocotepec, a group of subjects killed the business owner, identified as
Ignacio Moreno, 59 years old. According to reported witnessed the attack, four
gunmen arrived to place and without speaking with the victim shot him dead. The
incident occurred at the intersection of Vicente Guerrero and Matamoros in the
colonial center of the municipality. Upon execution, the assailants fled in an
unknown direction on board a white van with plates of Michoacan. Paramedics
arrived at the municipal crime scene, who confirmed the death of the victim and
the public prosecutor were part of the town.

here is a link to the article in Informador: http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/400039/6/acribillan-a-tiros-a-comerciante-en-jocotepec.htm
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead Empty Re: Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Hmmm........so much for the relative peace and quite of the last couple of months. Looks like trouble is brewing to the surface again.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead Empty Re: Aug. 25 Store owner in Jocotopec shot dead

Post by johninajijic Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Hmmm........so much for the relative peace and quite of the last couple of months. Looks like trouble is brewing to the surface again.

Possibly a robbery gone bad or drug involvement???

Owner of company shot dead in NYC near Empire State Building, 7 others wounded.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I am also referring to the murders in CH a month or so ago, the shooting of a narco woman in Chapala a few weks ago, the recent kidnapping in Chapala that Spencer spoke of the other day and now this. Whether it is all narco related or not it still tarnshes the area in a bad light. Not good for business or tourism.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Nice little tienda I frequented when I lived in Joco. I only knew the women who worked there. As likely, more terror against innocent upstanding citizens to keep the population paying their protection money. Very sad.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 pm

My cleaning lady was crying today when we talked about the store owner in Jocotopec. Her neighbor in San Juan Cosala was temporarily kidnapped and returned home running in her underwear. I couldn't understand what happened to the neighbor woman other than she made it home. That was this past week.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 am

i just spoke with a friend who lives around the corner from the grocery store in Joco where the man was killed. my friend says that nobody in the neighborhood knows for sure who was responsible for the murder, but speculation is that it was probably family....although sicarios may have been used.

apparently the same bad guys came into the store on tuesday, pistol-whipped the owner and tried to kidnap him, but were "chased away" by people in the neighborhood. the same bad guys were seen cruising the neighborhood for the next two days, apparently looking for the store owner.

when the store owner returned to work on friday, the men came into the store about 9pm and tried to kidnap him again. he resisted and was shot and killed.

my friend tells me that the neighbors are so nervous about what happened that the "wake" had to be held in another neighborhood and nobody is planning on attending the funeral for fear that the bad guys, whoever they were, will return.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Probably family or probablemente "La Familia"?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:01 pm

blood relations family.

oh, wait, that's still not necessarily clear. possibly a father/son SERIOUS dispute over land/property.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Was in Jocotepec yesterday PM and talked to some people who believe, or was told, that it was some kind of family feud, and that the owner was not involved in drugs, to anyone's knowledge.... as is the first conclusion people usually jump to. Obviously, it was not robbery, but as always....
¿Quién sabe?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down