INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The horror that is Air Canada

+8
slainte39
Zedinmexico
Guiness
bobnliz
MexicoPete
martygraw
johninajijic
E-raq
12 posters

Go down

The horror that is Air Canada Empty The horror that is Air Canada

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Thinking to avoid unsolicited groping passing through the U.S. we made what seemed to be a sensible choice and flew Aero Mexico to D.F. then connected to Air Canada, which is precisely where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Both bags eventually arrived at Dorval, after which one of them made unscheduled stops in Calgary, then Vancouver, then back to Dorval. Meanwhile numerous phone calls were made to Air Canada baggage claims dept. which just happens to be in India. Three days later, and many frustrating calls later including one in which the Indian representative assured us that the luggage had finally arrived, and was being sent out on the truck. After asking which airport they were at, she replied Dorval. Hmmmm, can't get to Oakville Ontario from Dorval airport in Quebec.

According to Air Canada lost luggage department, now in India, there are NO Canadian representatives to speak to in case of lost luggage. Do not adjust your glasses, NOT ONE CANADIAN REPRESENTATIVE!!!!!

When asked what brand the luggage was, I replied somewhat ironically "Air Canada".

On the return trip, we were informed by Air Canada that the bags would be checked right through.............
Hmm, on the off chance that they were mistaken, yet again, we decided to check the baggage carousel. There they were, with no chance whatsoever of them arriving in Guadalajara with us on the same plane.
What followed was dragging everything through both terminals, with a train ride between each one. Aero Mexico changed the tags, and everything arrived with us. We now consider this a minor miracle.

Never again. Sayonara Air Canada, it's been a real slice.

Last edited by E-raq on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain fog)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The horror that is Air Canada Empty Re: The horror that is Air Canada

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

viajero wrote:Welcome back E-raq Very Happy

Thanks, we're really glad to be back. It'll probably take a week to recover, but we did have a great time with all the kids. Best family visit ever, despite our travails.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

E-raq wrote:

Thanks, we're really glad to be back. It'll probably take a week to recover, but we did have a great time with all the kids. Best family visit ever, despite our travails.

You should have known better to fly that lousy, overpriced airline. None of my Canadian friends fly Air Canada. But any airline can lose luggage, such as Iberia when we flew to Venice via Madrid and they lost 4 bags. Iberia,. a codeshare partner of American sucks, never again. Our bags arrived at our staetroom door at 4:45 PM when scheduled to sail away from Venice at 5:00 PM. We sweat that one out.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:20 pm

johninajijic wrote:
E-raq wrote:

You should have known better to fly that lousy, overpriced airline. None of my Canadian friends fly Air Canada. But any airline can lose luggage, such as Iberia when we flew to Venice via Madrid and they lost 4 bags. Iberia,. a codeshare partner of American sucks, never again. Our bags arrived at our staetroom door at 4:45 PM when scheduled to sail away from Venice at 5:00 PM. We sweat that one out.

Actually we had a really amazingly good experience with Iberia, but it was some years ago. The Air Canada deal seemed to be too good to be true, sadly it was. However they have lost two customers forever, and after I put a review on Trip Advisor, may lose some more.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm

I agree that avoiding the crap found at all the US airports these day's is worth looking into, may I sugest that next time you fly back to Canada, fly West Jet out of PV. Nice airline, no hassle's and the luggage gets there with you.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Marty. although Washington state is my home state because I used to live near the Canadian border, I would fly either to Vancouver or Seattle and and take the bus or train home.

I remember flying from lakeside to Vancouver and then taking the train south to the US. I was treated terribly and was accused of living in Mexico so I wouldn't have to pay US taxes by the US customs officials on the train to the US.

I'm sad that some of our border officials are being such A$$ holes. Because some of them are great folks. Oh well. At least it doesn't happen but a small fraction of the time with me.

They're in charge. So I always smile whether I want to or not
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Let's hear it for Amerika, where the only thing you have to fear is the government. The horror that is Air Canada 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 am

We always fly Delta. Heading to Toronto, we have a short layover in Atlanta then on to Toronto. Never a problem, always great and professional treatment by the Delta reps. In June , returning home from Toronto, it was the Delta rep at the airport that suggested I could take an earlier flight as it was not full. This way great, she put me in Business Class - no extra charge! And Delta allows one free bag as well.
Love Delta! Where the flight crew actaully thanks you for using them as you leave the plane!!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

@Guiness, thanks, our youngest grand daughter flies through the U.S., custodial service, so I think we may try Delta next time. Quite the little shopper, she's going to need that extra bag.

@Martygraw, had a look at Westjet, really cheap fares, looking like a quick touchdown flight in Alberta, then on to P.V. This is just a perfect option for our older grandkids who are in University and can handle a longer flight, good prices help too. So, great recommendation.

Cheers,
raq
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:55 pm

bobnliz wrote:Let's hear it for Amerika, where the only thing you have to fear is the government. The horror that is Air Canada 169387 Lizzy

In defense Canada if I remember correctly sent a poor fellow to the US
where we sent him to Jordan to be tortured. Canada has a dark side
also especially if you were the poor fellow. He got Cash back from the
Canadian government after that. Yes Canada behaves better than the
US but to send its own Citizen to the US when they knew he was going
to be tortured kinda stinks.

z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm

bobnliz wrote:Let's hear it for Amerika, where the only thing you have to fear is the government. The horror that is Air Canada 169387 Lizzy

I fear more...those who WANT to be the government...those we have are bad enough.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Good point, S-39.... I wonder, really, if the GOP WANTS to win this one?
I mean... they don't need to worry the Tea Party is gonna vote for Obama, so why pick Ryan for VP? He will surely alienate the women... and the gays... and the young folks who want to go to college. In fact... anyone who is not rich, white and of the male persuasion.
I think they are pulling another Palin.
As a good friend said, "They plan to desensitize us and then run a serous candidate in 2016."
Maybe we should write in Gatewood Galbraith. He's my man... he's dead, but that didn't stop LBJ. The horror that is Air Canada 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:

to be tortured kinda stinks.z
Agreed, but you can bet there would have been serious political repercussions if they hadn't.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm

If I recall...and assuming we are talking about the same fella...

The gentleman in question is the Nephew of a known ( Imprisioned ) terrorist
The gentleman returned to the country of his birth, where he attended a summer camp
practicing obstacle courses, learning the finer points of demolition, constructing explosive devises,
and of course field practice with yer favorite AK47.... not exactly your 4H Club

Fuck Him.... send him back

and for Christ's Sake... don't put him on Air Canada...

just say'n is all....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 am

HelperGuy wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Agreed, but you can bet there would have been serious political repercussions if they hadn't.

There are times to say no to the US. This was one of them.
Besides all you guys have to do is shut down the natural
gas pipelines going south and compress it and sell it to the
chinese. What does the US have other than an overly
aggresive ego. You do know the US is number one world
wide in ego. (true)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

The U.S. has Canada by the short and curlys on a whole bunch of other trade issues which would probably bring our economy to a halt. Why do you think that we are actively seeking other trading partners...to take the sting away when we finally tell the U.S. to shove their ego where the sun don't shine. It does get tiresome being shoved around.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

There are times to say no to the US. This was one of them.
Besides all you guys have to do is shut down the natural
gas pipelines going south and compress it and sell it to the
chinese. What does the US have other than an overly
aggresive ego. You do know the US is number one world
wide in ego. (true)

Z

Number One, my Aunt Fanny!
It's downright embarrassing the way they go on here. So many have not the least idea what Patriotism is all about.
I am sick of seeing the flag flown by one and all, most of whom have no idea how to treat it with respect....
re: the redneck driver of a pick-up with the flag flying in tatters behind him, loudly proclaiming his "Patriotism" while disrespecting the flag.
And what about the businesses that fly the flag 24/7... in all kinds of weather, never lit at night and never taken down? Faughh!
Most all of them were probably born here and they don't even know... or maybe don't care... how to fly their own flag.
As a citizen-by-choice rather than by the accident of birth, I feel I have been defrauded! This is NOT the country I joined. They were a decent bunch. I cannot say that now, more's the pity. (end of rant) The horror that is Air Canada 633732 Sorry 'bout that. I will go adjust my attitude. The horror that is Air Canada 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

ferret wrote:The U.S. has Canada by the short and curlys on a whole bunch of other trade issues which would probably bring our economy to a halt. Why do you think that we are actively seeking other trading partners...to take the sting away when we finally tell the U.S. to shove their ego where the sun don't shine. It does get tiresome being shoved around.

I think you might be reading a bit much into the " Big Brother " horseshit
Truthfully.... we are looking to other markets because The US is currently trading less....
Entirely self serving and has little to do with Foreign Policy
Trudeau & Chretien loved to tell US to stick it... which in Business, most don't do to their best customer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Customer? How about "Trading Partner" on supposedly equal footing...except it's never been about fair and equal with NAFTA...it's about what's good for the U.S.
JMHO.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 pm

ferret wrote:The U.S. has Canada by the short and curlys on a whole bunch of other trade issues which would probably bring our economy to a halt. Why do you think that we are actively seeking other trading partners...to take the sting away when we finally tell the U.S. to shove their ego where the sun don't shine. It does get tiresome being shoved around.

Look get real all you have to do is shut down the natural gas pipelines in the west
and shut down the power grid above New York. Do you have any idea how much
power comes down from Canada in the east. All natural gas in the PNW comes from
Canada. In fact we buy it in the summer when it is cheap and store it in salt mines.
We are dependant on Canada more than Canada depends on the US these days.
The Russians have been doing this to the Europeans for years and they still buy
gas from the Russians. Why? Same as Canada they have it and we need it.

Thank Goodness we are friends most of the time.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

ferret wrote:Customer? How about "Trading Partner" on supposedly equal footing...except it's never been about fair and equal with NAFTA...it's about what's good for the U.S.
JMHO.

You think Canada has been treated unfairly regarding NAFTA?
First I have heard of this. Your mining companies are sure using
it efficiently. What am I missing?
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
ferret wrote:Customer? How about "Trading Partner" on supposedly equal footing...except it's never been about fair and equal with NAFTA...it's about what's good for the U.S.
JMHO.

You think Canada has been treated unfairly regarding NAFTA?
First I have heard of this. Your mining companies are sure using
it efficiently. What am I missing?
Z

Have you never heard of the softwood lumber dispute?

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down