INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The legalities of Charity Raffles

4 posters

Go down

The legalities of Charity Raffles Empty The legalities of Charity Raffles

Post by albertrv Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 am

Anyone know the legalities of raffles in Mexico on a small scale. As an example what if a person was to buy a blanket, sell tickets for it, and give the profits to a local charity. Or on a slightly different concept a 50/50 draw with the proceeds going to a charity. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

The legalities of Charity Raffles Empty Re: The legalities of Charity Raffles

Post by itsme Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm

I believe for it to be legal, either the person or the Charity would need an A.C. from the government making it a non-profit. Otherwise that person would be working? and need both working papers and pay tax. It is my understanding that anyone who accepts any donations without an AC and saying it is for charity or a good cause is soliciting/accepting those donations illegally and could be in trouble if caught. This is why the larger companies always request the A.C. number before they will donate.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:09 pm

itsme wrote:I believe for it to be legal, either the person or the Charity would need an A.C. from the government making it a non-profit. Otherwise that person would be working? and need both working papers and pay tax. It is my understanding that anyone who accepts any donations without an AC and saying it is for charity or a good cause is soliciting/accepting those donations illegally and could be in trouble if caught. This is why the larger companies always request the A.C. number before they will donate.

O.K. people help an old geezer out, what’s an A.C. where I’m from that’s an air conditioner. When using any kind of abbreviation, if it anything important to the conversation and you’re the first one to present it, please tell us what you’re speaking about. Thank you in advance.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

A.C. - Associacion Civil or Non Profit
R.F.C. - Registro Federal de Contribuyentes (Tax ID Number)

Maybe they want to see that you have an A.C. registered with Hacienda as evidenced by your constancia de inscripcion R.F.C.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down