INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by gringal on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 am

We looked for those bangers at Tony's and Superlake. No bangers Where can they normally be found? Love bangers.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11430
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 am

gringal wrote:We looked for those bangers at Tony's and Superlake. No bangers Where can they normally be found? Love bangers.

The sausages that we make that have been referred to as Bangers by the local English folk are our Breakfast Sausages. They are fresh and are located in the freezer section of Tony's, Super Lake and El Torito.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by binky on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Have you ever thought of making Spanish chorizo; we've had awful luck buying Spanish chorizo here. Most of the domestic Spanish styple we've tried has been rather bland and chewier than it ought to be. We have bought some imported from Spain and it was quite good, but quite pricey and it's hit n miss at the stores.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm

binky wrote:Have you ever thought of making Spanish chorizo; we've had awful luck buying Spanish chorizo here. Most of the domestic Spanish styple we've tried has been rather bland and chewier than it ought to be. We have bought some imported from Spain and it was quite good, but quite pricey and it's hit n miss at the stores.

We actually do make Spanish Chorizo. You can find it at Tony's, Super Lake, El Toritos, Ajijic Meats, La Huerta Mini Super, La Huerta Carneceria and now at Hotel Perico.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by binky on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm

OK....gotta look a little harder next shopping trip. PS: Earlier this week I think El Toritos meat/cheese chiller was down...it was totally empty. I checked the freezer and bought a pack of your EyeTalian meatballs. Other than that, pickin's were slim...mostly salchicha desayuno.

Thanks for the quick feedback.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by gringal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:29 am

The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11430
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Zedinmexico on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 pm

gringal wrote:The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

Closest I have found. Add some nice fresh eggs and a couple of the fresh rye
bread toast and yum yum yum happy happy joy joy.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by hockables on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
gringal wrote:The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

Closest I have found. Add some nice fresh eggs and a couple of the fresh rye
bread toast and yum yum yum happy happy joy joy.

Z

Where do you find Rye Bread Lakeside.... did you say Fresh?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3745
Join date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Flamingo on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Several vendors sell rye bread at the Tuesday Farmer's Market.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-10-14

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Zedinmexico on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm

hockables wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
gringal wrote:The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

Closest I have found. Add some nice fresh eggs and a couple of the fresh rye
bread toast and yum yum yum happy happy joy joy.

Z

Where do you find Rye Bread Lakeside.... did you say Fresh?

In Ajijic accross the street on Colon from the bank is a wonderful
very small scale bakery. He makes nice square small loaves of rye
for 20P. I tried the farmers market rye and it was much different
texture which did not taste right to me. The little bakery next to
the bank also has choc. croisants cin. rolls. Sometimes liverwurst
and odd things like that. Fresh cookies. It is generally all gone by
noon. I would get there at 10. He doesnt' make rye everyday so
I would ask him what days if you travel.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by hockables on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
hockables wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
gringal wrote:The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

Closest I have found. Add some nice fresh eggs and a couple of the fresh rye
bread toast and yum yum yum happy happy joy joy.

Z

Where do you find Rye Bread Lakeside.... did you say Fresh?

In Ajijic accross the street on Colon from the bank is a wonderful
very small scale bakery. He makes nice square small loaves of rye
for 20P. I tried the farmers market rye and it was much different
texture which did not taste right to me. The little bakery next to
the bank also has choc. croisants cin. rolls. Sometimes liverwurst
and odd things like that. Fresh cookies. It is generally all gone by
noon. I would get there at 10. He doesnt' make rye everyday so
I would ask him what days if you travel.

Z

Good to know.... thanx...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3745
Join date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 pm

gringal wrote:The "desayunos" are the breakfast sausages you seek as "bangers". They are very tasty with a little afterburn......but not exactly like a traditional banger.
Delicious, though.

Thanks,

We were making the bangers, but a few people asked for some heat in them so we did that. They seem to be selling very good. However, there is no problem to keep the heat out and make them more traditional on our next batch.

Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by gringal on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 pm

I'd love to have some "traditional" bangers as a variety item. You could call them "ladybangers"??

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11430
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 pm

gringal wrote:I'd love to have some "traditional" bangers as a variety item. You could call them "ladybangers"??

Hahahah, oops, jajajajaja

That is way too funny.

Thumbs up
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY BANGERS? Empty Re: BIG DADDY BANGERS?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum