INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

hound dog wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
For everybodies info, all of Big Daddy's products are also on Lakeside express and can be delivered directly to your home.
http://lakesideexpress.com/costco/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75_80
Or
www.BigDaddysSausages.com


Here´s a thought, Big Daddy, from Hound Dog who is one of your true fans despite your absurd personality. Dawg is in love with Mexico but misses one thing immensely. Tasty hot dog skin-on weiners such as those sold out of Casper´s hot dog franchise outlets in Coastal Northern California with that burst in the mouth flavor that is so delicious. I haven´t found any skin-on hot dog weiners in Mexico anywhere nor any hot dog weiners, skin on or off, worth even discussing. Do you make these and, if not. please start doing so immediately. If you do make these products, let me know and I´ll pass the word.

TYPICAL CASPER´S HOT DOG


Flavorful steamed (not broiled on flame) skin-on hot dog weiner with bun
Sliced tomatoes and white or yellow onions
American-style yellow mustard
Sweet pickle relish

The secret is in the incredible weiner properly served up as, Dawg supposes, is true in many relationships.


Hola Dawg,

Just got back from Guad, sitting back havin a drink and lookin at the forum. I made a promise to myself that when I got into this business, in Mexico, I would not make Mexican Chorizo or Weiners.

However, because our newest best selling sausage is named in your honor, 'The Suicide Dawg' i will start doing some indepth research to see what I can do about a hot dog.

Got a call in to Spar to find a few things out about their process. Because, for the past 23 years they have been processing their product with machines, I will need to find out a couple of things, because our products are all made by hand.

I will report back, but I do accept the challenge.
flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by merry on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

That's a good idea, Big Daddy, we like to munch hot dogs on our campouts. We always have to get those awful Oscar Meyer jumbo dogs as sadly they are the best around - not sayin' much. I think there is a market here.

Merry

merry
merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 822
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : Chapala-town

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by David on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am

I like the Johnsonville dogs.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5004
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by ferret on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

What brand are the hot dogs that are served at the Costco fast food section? They, IMHO, are THE best...with mustard, onion and jalapenos.
OMG! I want one...NOW!
If only the buns were of better quality.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5550
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by CheenaGringo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:24 am

Ferret:

Funny you should ask since a couple of months ago, there was an article in the COSTCO CONNECTION magazine on this topic. They used to be Hebrew National but changed in 2009. A couple of articles:
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2009/03/post_5.php
http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/200903/?u1=texterity#pg27

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6697
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

David wrote:I like the Johnsonville dogs.

I used to like these dogs also until I actually found out how they were made and what is in them.

Now, I prefer handmade all natural sausages with only good cuts of meat and natural casings insted of a synthetically formed crust around pork parts with smoke flavor added along with chemicals that I have never heard of before.

But, each to there own.
Surte
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by ferret on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 am

Ah yes! The Hebrew National...now I remember. Wonder where you can buy them here. I used to love their ad "answering to a higher authority"...giggle.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5550
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by CanuckBob on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:I used to like these dogs also until I actually found out how they were made and what is in them.

I believe the main ingredients are cerdo "lips and assholes"........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 16641
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 56
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by CheenaGringo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am

Apparently the "We Answer to a Higher Authority" claims are being questioned:

"Hebrew National sued over non-kosher allegations"

"The largest kosher food brand in the United States, Hebrew National, known for its tagline "We Answer to a Higher Authority," is being sued in federal court for allegedly not meeting the kosher standards it famously advertises.

The lawsuit, which was first filed by 11 plaintiffs in May, alleges that the popular brand has been negligent and violated several consumer fraud laws when it failed to follow its own standards for kosher meat.

According to accusations made in the complaint, Hebrew National products are not being made from 100% kosher beef and the food processing plants used by the company fail to follow the procedures necessary to meet its kosher definition."
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-19/us/us_hebrew-national-kosher_1_kosher-meat-hebrew-national-rabbinical-supervision?_s=PM:US

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6697
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 am

ferret wrote:Ah yes! The Hebrew National...now I remember. Wonder where you can buy them here. I used to love their ad "answering to a higher authority"...giggle.

I believe Tony's Carnerceria has them.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by little italy on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:hound dog wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
For everybodies info, all of Big Daddy's products are also on Lakeside express and can be delivered directly to your home.
http://lakesideexpress.com/costco/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_75_80
Or
www.BigDaddysSausages.com


Here´s a thought, Big Daddy, from Hound Dog who is one of your true fans despite your absurd personality. Dawg is in love with Mexico but misses one thing immensely. Tasty hot dog skin-on weiners such as those sold out of Casper´s hot dog franchise outlets in Coastal Northern California with that burst in the mouth flavor that is so delicious. I haven´t found any skin-on hot dog weiners in Mexico anywhere nor any hot dog weiners, skin on or off, worth even discussing. Do you make these and, if not. please start doing so immediately. If you do make these products, let me know and I´ll pass the word.

TYPICAL CASPER´S HOT DOG


Flavorful steamed (not broiled on flame) skin-on hot dog weiner with bun
Sliced tomatoes and white or yellow onions
American-style yellow mustard
Sweet pickle relish

The secret is in the incredible weiner properly served up as, Dawg supposes, is true in many relationships.


Hola Dawg,

Just got back from Guad, sitting back havin a drink and lookin at the forum. I made a promise to myself that when I got into this business, in Mexico, I would not make Mexican Chorizo or Weiners.

However, because our newest best selling sausage is named in your honor, 'The Suicide Dawg' i will start doing some indepth research to see what I can do about a hot dog.

Got a call in to Spar to find a few things out about their process. Because, for the past 23 years they have been processing their product with machines, I will need to find out a couple of things, because our products are all made by hand.

I will report back, but I do accept the challenge.
Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge 433975



Big Daddy that is mighty considerate of you to actually notify the source, very considerate and caring. I know Spar uses natual ingredients as you, had no idea they were made with machines. Will be interesting to find out more info. If not, at least you tried.

Thank you so much Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge 2380307632

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 270
Join date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by Big Daddy Mexico on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

Logistically it would be impossible to make the quantity of sausages that they do without the use of machines. However they still manufacture them in small batches but have the capacity to produce over 5000 lbs a day of sausage.

The machines are mainly used to mix, stuff, and link the sausages. We do this process all by hand. That is the only main difference in the production end of things.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : www.BigDaddysSausages.com

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by David on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
ferret wrote:Ah yes! The Hebrew National...now I remember. Wonder where you can buy them here. I used to love their ad "answering to a higher authority"...giggle.

I believe Tony's Carnerceria has them.

I've seen them at SuperLake.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5004
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by CheenaGringo on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Aren't they available at Costco in Mexico? NOB, they carry both Hebrew National and the Kirkland Brand.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6697
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by hound dog on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Aren't they available at Costco in Mexico? NOB, they carry both Hebrew National and the Kirkland Brand.[/quote]

Neither Hebrew National nor Kirkland weiners are sold in Mexico (nor anywhere else to Dawg´s knowledge) , with the skin on - an essential factor in producing a superior weiner. To suggest this is to exhibit a profound disconnect with the subject Dawg proposes. Now, you´re an OK guy Neil, but do not enter arenas in which you are not prepared to compete intellectually. A Casper Dawg surpasses anything at present available in Mexico and that´s a fact. Dawg is hoping BD will change that,
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Posts : 2067
Join date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by CheenaGringo on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:08 am

Dawg:

When a person asks a question, they are admitting they do not know the answer and are trying to gain knowledge on the topic.

Edit to bust the Dawg. I was pondering just how you could make such a claim when your lovely wife repeatedly says there is no need to shop at Costco. So I checked Lakeside Express and amazingly found:
[img]Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Kirkla10[/img]

Maybe it is best for you to continue discussing the essence of the food from Michoacan?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6697
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by ComputerGuy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Nobody dares to try the Hoffy "Hollywood Style" weiners I keep mentioning, eh? Too bad... your loss.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2140
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by David on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm

The Dawg is correct; both the Hebrew National and the Kirkland that I've had in Mexico were skinless.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5004
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by johninajijic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Hebrew National used to be sold at Costco. We used to buy them. IMO, they are the "best" hot dog I"ve ever eaten.

We tried the Kirkland brand Jumbo Hot Dogs. They're good, but cannot compare to Hebrew National. And Kirkland Jumbos are definitely NOT worth the price.

Our favorite hot dog is Oscar Meyer. They have a great taste, are consistent and reasonably priced. I think all of Oscar Meyer products are of good quality. Mexican hot dogs cannot compare to Oscar Meyer.

CBob - I liked your remark about hot dogs. Were you referring to some of your forum members? ROTFLMFAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 75
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge Empty Re: Big Daddy's Hot Dog Challenge

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum