INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NICORETTE Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me?

+5
Chico
David
Carry Bean
Jim W
Joyceinmexico
9 posters

Go down

NICORETTE  Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me? Empty NICORETTE Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me?

Post by Joyceinmexico Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 am

I quit smoking for 23 years on Nicorette Gum. I went through an intensive stressful time when I moved down here 1 ½ years ago and started smoking again. I MUST QUIT and hate what smoking is doing to me.

I can only find MINT Nicorette (something I do not like as much as the original) at one pharmacy in Chapala. If you know any local pharmacies that have it stocked let me know.

If you have any Nicorette gum you are not using, I will buy it from you. If you know a local pharmacy that sells it (original, but mint will do) let me know.

IF YOU ARE VISITING THE STATES and can bring me down some of the original non mint flavored Nicorette gun, I will pay for it and your time and effort,

Please do not suggest other methods because the gum worked before and will work again.

PM if you can help. Thanks in advance

Joyceinmexico

Back to top Go down

NICORETTE  Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me? Empty Re: NICORETTE Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me?

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:57 am

Check Costco or Sams club
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

NICORETTE  Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me? Empty Re: NICORETTE Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me?

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:12 am

The Farmacia Express just east of the convenience store in San Antonio (Lakeside) did have it before & if she doesn't she'll have it for you the next day.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 am

That's Farmacia Express II and they have it. Just past the OXXO and before Hole-in-One.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Joyceinmexico wrote:I quit smoking for 23 years on Nicorette Gum. I went through an intensive stressful time when I moved down here 1 ½ years ago and started smoking again. I MUST QUIT and hate what smoking is doing to me.

I can only find MINT Nicorette (something I do not like as much as the original) at one pharmacy in Chapala. If you know any local pharmacies that have it stocked let me know.

If you have any Nicorette gum you are not using, I will buy it from you. If you know a local pharmacy that sells it (original, but mint will do) let me know.

IF YOU ARE VISITING THE STATES and can bring me down some of the original non mint flavored Nicorette gun, I will pay for it and your time and effort,

Please do not suggest other methods because the gum worked before and will work again.

PM if you can help. Thanks in advance

As of about two months ago, these products are now banned from entering Mexico. Check everywhere you can and buy up what was imported before this went into effect. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Chico, does Mexico manufacture and distribute Nicorette gum under a different name? Seems really odd to ban this product.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Jim, I do not really know. All that I know is that a friend of mine who lived on it to help her withdrawal for many, many years, told me this and she is going ballistics and her husband is going nuts. Now, a second poster. Same problem. I Googled it, but could not find the information. This same person posted the same question on TOB and other people also chimed in that it was no longer available here. I know, it sounds too strange to be true and I should have posted it as rumor and not fact. I apologize for not doing so, but would sure be interested in if anyone finds anyone that can import it any longer, as their current supplies run out. Let's find out. I just posted it on the Mirador, where it will get a lot more attention chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Chico, If true, I will post and bring back from US on my next trip to Casa Grande......for all in need. Me I am a glutton for punishment.....quit cold turkey two days ago.....CHEWIN NAILS..... but vow to stay off the cigs...maybe break down for a little weed though.....LOL
jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm

45 years and I cannot quit. Kudos to you and god bless your wife with the hell you know you are putting her through. The rumor that I also heard by more than one person,was that any nicotine contained item would be confiscated if found in baggage. You know, the more I write about this the stranger it sounds. Hope we can get to the bottom of this and get you all some nicorettes, while I just continue with my emphysema. cough. cough. Best wishes. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Chico wrote:
Joyceinmexico wrote:I can only find MINT Nicorette (something I do not like as much as the original) at one pharmacy in Chapala. If you know any local pharmacies that have it stocked let me know.

As of about two months ago, these products are now banned from entering Mexico. Check everywhere you can and buy up what was imported before this went into effect. chico

MANY things that are available here are banned from being brought into Mexico. Coffee, for example, is difficult to import. Many drugs. Nicotine patches and gum are readily available here.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm

When I quit smoking 26 years ago... I just doubled my alcohol intake...
If there were any ill side effects... I never noticed
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Chico wrote:Jim, I do not really know. All that I know is that a friend of mine who lived on it to help her withdrawal for many, many years, told me this and she is going ballistics and her husband is going nuts. Now, a second poster. Same problem. I Googled it, but could not find the information. This same person posted the same question on TOB and other people also chimed in that it was no longer available here. I know, it sounds too strange to be true and I should have posted it as rumor and not fact. I apologize for not doing so, but would sure be interested in if anyone finds anyone that can import it any longer, as their current supplies run out. Let's find out. I just posted it on the Mirador, where it will get a lot more attention chico

Nail on head chico, people get hooked on nicorette, which is far more expensive than cigarettes.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:15 pm

hockables wrote:When I quit smoking 26 years ago... I just doubled my alcohol intake...
If there were any ill side effects... I never noticed

Yes, and others choose to double their food intake... whatever it takes.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 pm

E-raq wrote:
Chico wrote:Jim, I do not really know. All that I know is that a friend of mine who lived on it to help her withdrawal for many, many years, told me this and she is going ballistics and her husband is going nuts. Now, a second poster. Same problem. I Googled it, but could not find the information. This same person posted the same question on TOB and other people also chimed in that it was no longer available here. I know, it sounds too strange to be true and I should have posted it as rumor and not fact. I apologize for not doing so, but would sure be interested in if anyone finds anyone that can import it any longer, as their current supplies run out. Let's find out. I just posted it on the Mirador, where it will get a lot more attention chico

Nail on head chico, people get hooked on nicorette, which is far more expensive than cigarettes.

Yeah, but much better on the lungs.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:14 am

Carry Bean wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Yeah, but much better on the lungs.

Well, maybe so, but there are other bodily functions which may be adversely affected.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 am

When I quit my 3 pack a day habit cold turkey and long ago.......I chewed an inordinate amount of sugarless gum for relief. It helped, so if all else fails....

I've heard that nicotine addition is stronger that that of heroin. Good luck on quitting. Not funatall.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

I was house bound today, but tomorrow I will stop and talk with Claudia and her dad at Farmacia Express 2 and report back on what she says. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

gringal wrote:When I quit my 3 pack a day habit cold turkey and long ago.......I chewed an inordinate amount of sugarless gum for relief. It helped, so if all else fails....

I've heard that nicotine addition is stronger that that of heroin. Good luck on quitting. Not funatall.

I am on day number 4 .....No smoke.....was 2 plus packs a day. The reason they say addiction to nicotine is stronger than heroin.....nicotine being a legal vice.....is available everywhere you turn Smokealot Smokealot Ya just can't run and hide from it. Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Congrats, Jim. Keep up the good work. I did stop in and talk to Claudia this morning, and as far as she knows, there is no such ban and pointed to 12 boxes of Nicorette gum sitting on her shelves. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Chico wrote:Congrats, Jim. Keep up the good work. I did stop in and talk to Claudia this morning, and as far as she knows, there is no such ban and pointed to 12 boxes of Nicorette gum sitting on her shelves. chico

The so-called "ban" may be a limit on the personal import of nicotine products, just like you can only bring in X number of boxes of cigarettes back with you. Sounds like a rumor that got all out of proportion.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NICORETTE  Gum HELP NEEDED –can you bring down some for me? Empty original Poster update

Post by Joyceinmexico Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks to all who offered to help and put their 2 cents in. I found 1 pkg Nicorette mint at the pharmacy on the square in Ajijic- 1 pkg mint 2mg.
I am looking for Cinnamon or the regular flavored Nicorette 4mg or 2mg and left word to see if they can get it for me because TO ME it looks like it is available and NOT illegal.

My purpose is that the regular has a "bite" to it and then I go to cinnamon gum non nicotine. This worked before and I WILL do it again. Just under a few big stressors but will be smoke free soon. Meanwhile I am collecting all I can get.

By the way, there are great instructions on how to use it on the main Nicorette
website. 2 pack a day people should start with 4mg gum not 2 mg.

Now my computer is acting bad. Ashtray is still here but soon in the basura.

Joyceinmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Joyceinmexico wrote:Thanks to all who offered to help and put their 2 cents in. I found 1 pkg Nicorette mint at the pharmacy on the square in Ajijic- 1 pkg mint 2mg.
I am looking for Cinnamon or the regular flavored Nicorette 4mg or 2mg and left word to see if they can get it for me because TO ME it looks like it is available and NOT illegal.

My purpose is that the regular has a "bite" to it and then I go to cinnamon gum non nicotine. This worked before and I WILL do it again. Just under a few big stressors but will be smoke free soon. Meanwhile I am collecting all I can get.

Good luck....hard work......I carry a bag of carrots to chew on....helps me....healthy toooooooo! Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:55 pm

merry wrote:
Chico wrote:Congrats, Jim. Keep up the good work. I did stop in and talk to Claudia this morning, and as far as she knows, there is no such ban and pointed to 12 boxes of Nicorette gum sitting on her shelves. chico

The so-called "ban" may be a limit on the personal import of nicotine products, just like you can only bring in X number of boxes of cigarettes back with you. Sounds like a rumor that got all out of proportion.

Merry

It sure was and I feel bad that I contributed to it without knowing the facts. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Joyceinmexico wrote:Thanks to all who offered to help and put their 2 cents in. I found 1 pkg Nicorette mint at the pharmacy on the square in Ajijic- 1 pkg mint 2mg.

I, for one, have tried to provide the latest information to you. Sorry, that I did not check flavor choices for you, also. I wish you good luck and for me, this thread has run its course. Over and out. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down