INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics

+13
kipissippi
Solovino
DaveP
Carry Bean
cane
locogringo
David
Lehrer
hockables
lunateak
gringal
juanrey
oncesubtle
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Politics Empty Politics

Post by oncesubtle Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am

Does anyone have any evidence of a U.S politician who is not corrupt? Their only interest seems to be getting reelected. So they take money from say, big oil and vote accordingly, screw the voters. The system is corrupt and the politicians are too.
Politics 531444
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Politics Empty Re: Politics

Post by juanrey Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 am

So what's the deal RoofBob, you see that interest in the Religion topic is waning a little bit, so you start a new one on Politics? Cool.... especially since you are babysitting the board. Can't wait till we finish with Politics and move on to Sex.

You are correct, it seems like we've got a bunch of folks that are only interested in maintaining, or increasing their power base by getting re-elected and with so much of their time focused on soliciting money to run the various campaigns the average Jose doesn't stand a chance.
We're in a greed society, every man (and woman) for themselves. Don't worry about tomorrow, just get as much as you can today.
No offense Spencer, but we're a country run by lawyers and big business and we're heading down a slope that isn't going to be very pretty for our future generations.
Unfortunately, not too much hope of a turn around, the US has taken the emphasis off of education and if we're not teaching our youth how to be competitive globally we are destined to continue to slide.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 am

A recent study showed a huge number of high school students didn't know who the country was that we were fighting for independence from in the Revolutionary War.
Not much hope there. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 am

With 40% of Americans polled not knowing who the War of Independence was fought with goes a long way to explaining why it was so easy to take away rights and liberties and freedoms (the Patriot Act) guaranteed by the Constitution.

Oh, and the question was "What European country did the US fight for indepenence?" Sadly some of the answers were China and Mexico.... in addition to a few European countries ie Spain, France, etc.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

If you're looking for crooked politicians, you can look outside the US as well...

Interesting question, sad answer... It should follow that these folks wouldn't know much about " The Boston Tea Party " then....

So why are all the toothless red-necks in this new Tea Party?...

Sorry... I wandered again...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 pm

hockables wrote:If you're looking for crooked politicians, you can look outside the US as well...

Interesting question, sad answer... It should follow that these folks wouldn't know much about " The Boston Tea Party " then....

So why are all the toothless red-necks in this new Tea Party?...

Sorry... I wandered again...

Answer: Because Sarah Palin is white and wears snazzy glasses. Well, it's a start.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:33 pm

lunateak wrote:With 40% of Americans polled not knowing who the War of Independence was fought with goes a long way to explaining why it was so easy to take away rights and liberties and freedoms (the Patriot Act) guaranteed by the Constitution.

"Well, if you're not doing anything wrong there's no reason you should object to the Justice Department listening to your phone calls, reading your mail, or tapping into your e-mail conversations!" That's a paraphrase from a former co-worker of mine. Don't you just wanna puke??

But, by God, the Supreme Court says all citizens have the right to carry guns! Hell, I might go back to Texas and buy a bazooka!

lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 pm

lunateak wrote:With 40% of Americans polled not knowing who the War of Independence was fought with goes a long way to explaining why it was so easy to take away rights and liberties and freedoms (the Patriot Act) guaranteed by the Constitution.

Oh, and the question was "What European country did the US fight for indepenence?" Sadly some of the answers were China and Mexico.... in addition to a few European countries ie Spain, France, etc.

England wasn't part of Europe then and isn't totally yet. It was a trick question.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:46 pm

If that was the way it was worded, then indeedy, it was a trick.
However, I doubt they would have got it right if it had been simply "who were we fighting with during the Revolutionary War when George Washington was a general? (Hint; the enemy wore red coats and spoke English)".

Heck, I wonder how many of the Tea Party folks today can tell you what the original Boston Tea Party was all about?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm

You will never go wrong underestimating the stupidity of the public at large. The sheeple have sold out our freedom and heritage for a false sense of security. I am glad that I have lived most of my life and will not live (I hope) long enough to see the utter collapse. There are exactly 545 people responsible and every damned one of them only gives lip service to serving the public good.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:05 pm

locogringo wrote:You will never go wrong underestimating the stupidity of the public at large. The sheeple have sold out our freedom and heritage for a false sense of security. I am glad that I have lived most of my life and will not live (I hope) long enough to see the utter collapse. There are exactly 545 people responsible and every damned one of them only gives lip service to serving the public good.

Interesting choice of words Loco regarding living long enough to see the utter collapse. I too have said the exact same thing. I think it will be a slow painful collapse, so you and I have some time, but one or two generations from now it isn't going to be pretty. In fact, I wouldn't want to be a kid graduating from a high school or college this year or within the last couple years, the chances of them landing a job with a real opportunity is so limited. By the time people wake up to the fact that we really aren't # 1 in the US, we will be half way down the hill. Sold out is right.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

If you have the training/education/language skills there will be jobs...maybe not in the US but hey, it's a global economy, baby!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Welcome to the Sparks board light! It is virtually defunct with about 5 members left. Is this no longer a Mexican board about Mexico?

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Uli Klaus wrote:Welcome to the Sparks board light! It is virtually defunct with about 5 members left. Is this no longer a Mexican board about Mexico?

We are waiting for hell to freeze over or for pedro to deliver on his promises.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:08 pm

As well as Pernel,I know a person called Pedro.What did he promise that he hasn't delivered on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:09 am

Uli Klaus wrote:Welcome to the Sparks board light! It is virtually defunct with about 5 members left. Is this no longer a Mexican board about Mexico?

You're in the Mirador section for "casual chatter about anything." I sense you don't like this forum or the owner of it which I find interesting. You show up when he's on vacation? Suspect

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 am

David wrote:

England wasn't part of Europe then and isn't totally yet. It was a trick question.

David: England (Great Britain) has always been a part of Europe. you are confusing it with the European Common Market which all countries in Europe had the option to join and is a fairly recent situation
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:17 am

Uh no, I'm not confused, I think you are. In 1776 The British Empire was not part of Europe. Today the UK is part of the European Community (it replaced the Common Market) but did not participate in the common currency. Europe is a geographical concept, not a political one. The British Isles are not part of the geography of the European continent.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:29 am

Well the Dave's it depends on which source you use to define Europe. But that's like counting deck chairs on the Titanic.... More importantly 40% are so poorly educated that they don't know who the colonists were pissed of at or why!

Here's one definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:30 pm

How many Yanks do U suppose don't know, that yer on yer second Whitehouse?

As Thomas Jefferson said " a mere matter of marching ".... lol... yeah ... right!!

I pulled into a gas station at Century, Ca. and a young feller comes out admiring my SUV... when he see's the Saskatchewan Plate he asks " what state is that in? " lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

hockables wrote:How many Yanks do U suppose don't know, that yer on yer second Whitehouse?

About the same amount of Canadians that will admit that it was the British that burned it?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 pm

U say Tomato... I say Tomato...

Hhmmm ... that doesn't work so well when U write it...

Wadever... ya'll come round them Great Lakes again an we'll give ya another ass whoopin :face:

You Yanks didn't defeat the Brits then... Not until the French Navy came ta back ya up... so there pirat
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

It's true that without the French support, we'll be singing "God Save the Queen", but were we grateful for long? Consider the "Freedom Fries" phenomenon.

But then, we seem to have a short attention span on many matters.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:27 pm

Well, hell! When you consider that Obama visited all 52 states, what can you expect of high-school students?
Evil or Very Mad
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Last Tuesday, as President Obama got off the helicopter in front of the White House, he was carrying a baby piglet under each arm. The squared away Marine guard snaps to attention, salutes and says: "Nice pigs, sir!"

The President replies "These are not pigs...these are authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs. I got one for Secretary of State Hi llary Clinton and I got one for Speaker of The House Nancy Pelosi."

The squared away Marine again snaps to attention, salutes and says, "Excellent trade, sir!"
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next