INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a fishy tail

3 posters

Go down

a fishy tail Empty a fishy tail

Post by gravy Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

a few weeks ago , a group of us went to the Aguamilpa lake out by Tepic on a fishing trip ..the group consisted of two couples Mike and Lisa, and Matt and Pam .....and Jim W was my bunkie/date (LOL) ......we arrived in the afternoon with Jim doing the driving/navigating ...(I couldn't return there if my life depended on it )
we dropped our gear and went fishing .....big mistake ..... in the afternoons the sun is so strong , you burn and the wind is up making the ride back a trial of endurance with the chop...tired and burnt we retreated into beers and tequila followed by an excellent dinner provided by Jim W and cooked by Debbie who gave up her spot for me and stayed to take care of my kitties
Fully refreshed we retired to EXCELLENT ,very clean rooms with AIR CONDITIONING (phew) only to be awakened early for a morning fishing excursion ....cooler and calmer and oh boy the fish ....we were using rubber worms .... and I caught the biggest bass ( 4 1/2 lbs ) and also the biggest "birds nest " award ...Ta DA ...JA JA next time I'm taking my spinning tackle ....it took the guide 2-2 1/2 hours before he gave up and cut it out
A word about the "help" ....the guides went over board to be helpful ....baiting the hooks correctly , casting for me after my FUBAR , pointing out the direction to cast for the best fishing , moving the boat when things calmed down ....they load you in the truck , help you get out ...help you in and out of the boat ( if you're an old cripple like me ) ... all done in a professional and friendly way ..... the hotel staff was ever present to get you anything you wanted ....they had NO problem with Jim bringing our own food providing plates etc and heating food up .....the hotel has it's own well and generator so clean water and electricity a short time after an incredible storm the last night ....coffee and cakes/cookies were provided every morning
ALL THIS FOR 2300 PESOS ....this included gas. tolls, lodging, boat guides and BIG tips for all the staff !!!!
This is an incredible deal and anyone wanting to go , get in touch with Jim W for the next trip
Apparently it's all catch and release except July when you can keep 6 fish under 4 lbs
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

a fishy tail Empty Re: a fishy tail

Post by Jim W Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Gravy, It is catch and release Mar.-June...The rest of the year you can keep 2 fish per person per day, plus buy Tilapia from the commercial guys, netting on the Lake.

AND, YOU ARE CORRECT.... that was the roughest, most miserable 1 hour boat ride back to Humberto's I've ever experienced. The wind does tend to blow most afternoons around 1 PM, then calms down around 4. mariachi
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 am

back in the good graces of the moderator ? ....post the pictures Jim
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Jim is back in good graces and I gotta tell ya, for a guy who can be una grande PIA on the board you will never find a more gracious fishing host. Candace and I spent a weekend fishing with him and his lovely and charming wife Debbie and I'm here to tell you he has bass fishing in comfort and style on Auga Milpa wired.

Post the pics Jim.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250944_3608466573938_538242098_n.jpg

Gravy's birds nest...After nearly 3 hours our guide gave up and cut the line off..........I wasn't sure how to post photo, so created a link.....tooooo funny for words.......Debbie Thanks you for Kudo's Roof Bob Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:25 pm

JIM ! ....post all the pics ...especially the one with you french kissing your fish
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 pm

gravy wrote:JIM ! ....post all the pics ...especially the one with you french kissing your fish

Gravy, What happens @ Aguamilpa......stays @ Aguamilpa. LMAO Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 pm

but what about our "love child "?
gravy
gravy