INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seguro Popular not renewing or accepting foreigners

+10
Parker
Chico
E-raq
sparks
Rolly
johninajijic
gringal
Axixic
Intercasa
elehne1
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seguro Popular not renewing or accepting foreigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Seguro Popular not renewing or accepting foreigners

Post by Chico Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks so much, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Seguro Popular not renewing or accepting foreigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Seguro Popular not renewing or accepting foreigners

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Ok, we called SP in Mexico City and have a file number to resolve this issue and they will enroll foreigners. We are calling the local and state office to give them the resolution file number so that they will have been notified and will stop blocking the enrollment of foreigners.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Thank you, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Intercasa wrote:Ok, we called SP in Mexico City and have a file number to resolve this issue and they will enroll foreigners. We are calling the local and state office to give them the resolution file number so that they will have been notified and will stop blocking the enrollment of foreigners.

Great work, Thanks.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks to Spencer's efforts, we were able to have our policy from March cancelled and a new policy started with the Chapala office. The Chapala office staff is very helpful vs the Joco staff person who does enrollment. We provided the information required by SP to Chapala and the policy was issue with no cost. This was the same information provided to the Joco office in March and we were to pay $516 pesos every three months for both of us. We have no problem paying for coverage, however, it appears we were advised wrong by Joco in March. Hopefully, now other foreigners with FM2 or FM3 cars will have no problems. Thanks again to Spencer and his staff for resolving the problem for this area.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Bureaucrats seem to fall into the "petty dictator" position at times. This situation has been traumatic for those needing the coverage.

Thanks to Spencer for stepping up to the plate there.

However, after talking with some people who should know (like doctors), I have concluded that people anticipating using Seguro Popular would be wise to familiarize themselves with the conditions they will experience if they use the services. Seguro Popular was designed for the very poor in Mexico.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 pm

All you people who want or have IMSS and SP, you will get just what you pay for as is usual in life. It was designed for poor Mexicans. IMSS is nearly bankrupt and after stories I've heard, I wouldn't send my dog there to have anything done. They use Resident Doctors and who knows what goes on under anesthesia.

I don't believe that Foreigners should be allowed to get IMSS or SP. Medical insurance in Mexico is reasonable enough so that most people can afford Private Insurance with a high deductible. If you can't get Private insurance, Medical costs in Mexico are reasonable enough for most people to self insure.

I recently heard a story about my friends maid who was pregnant. It was close to giving birth, so they drove to IMSS in Tlajimulco (sp) about 1 1/2 hours from here. There was no Dr on duty. Her water broke and they told her that it wasn't time to deliver yet. They said walk around, which she did. For about 5 hours, then she started bleeding and finally at night a Dr showed up to deliver after 7 or 8 hours. Great medical care!!!!!

My friend is going to cancel her IMSS after hearing this story.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm

You can find anecdotal evidence to call into question the quality of care of ANY institution or organization up to and including Johns Hopkins.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Axixic wrote:You can find anecdotal evidence to call into question the quality of care of ANY institution or organization up to and including Johns Hopkins.

The hospital system in the states is about number 37 now on the list for first world countries. Nothing to brag about.
The drawback in Seguro Popular is that the facilities are not like those in private hospitals NOB. Many beds to a ward, and virtually no amenities are provided. People signing up should be aware of that; that's all.

Anecdotal evidence is often subject to question.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:51 pm

johninajijic wrote:All you people who want or have IMSS and SP, you will get just what you pay for as is usual in life. It was designed for poor Mexicans. IMSS is nearly bankrupt and after stories I've heard, I wouldn't send my dog there to have anything done. They use Resident Doctors and who knows what goes on under anesthesia.

I don't believe that Foreigners should be allowed to get IMSS or SP. Medical insurance in Mexico is reasonable enough so that most people can afford Private Insurance with a high deductible. If you can't get Private insurance, Medical costs in Mexico are reasonable enough for most people to self insure.

I recently heard a story about my friends maid who was pregnant. It was close to giving birth, so they drove to IMSS in Tlajimulco (sp) about 1 1/2 hours from here. There was no Dr on duty. Her water broke and they told her that it wasn't time to deliver yet. They said walk around, which she did. For about 5 hours, then she started bleeding and finally at night a Dr showed up to deliver after 7 or 8 hours. Great medical care!!!!!

My friend is going to cancel her IMSS after hearing this story.

Any Mexican that immigrates to Canada will be eligible for the FULL provincial medical coverage within 3 - 6 months of arriving (depending on the province) so I suppose Mexico should only offer it to Canadians and any other country that will give Mexican expats the same coverage if they live there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm

CBob - And now you know why Canadians don't like immigrants coming in taking away $$$ on health coverage, backing up the system, when others need more important care like operations.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

John, Canada (like the US) is almost entirely made up of immigrants.......and we aren't discussing what the citizens like or dislike. The fact is that Mexico should offer their government medical to the expats of those countries that will give Mexican expats the same. Kind of like a tax treaty......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:06 pm

BTW....I believe there are over 50,000 Mexican immigrants in Canada. I'm sure that is far more than Canadians in Mexico.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Ya know I really have to put a plug in here for the hospital civil. Saturday, the big guy, my pool boy, needed to have a tooth extracted. I insisted on the high priced spread, a maxillofacial surgeon, who was also a professor. That's what we got. BTW he also works part time at the hospital civil. So, we went, all in all including anesthesia, it took about 10 minutes. He had no pain afterwards, and all is well. Yes it was done in his private office, and was a lot more pricy than what you'd pay here lakeside, however a fraction of what you'd pay NOB. This guy is my new go to person for anything dental. Lawd that guy was as slick as my Daddy, and I've never seen anyone else that good.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:BTW....I believe there are over 50,000 Mexican immigrants in Canada. I'm sure that is far more than Canadians in Mexico.....

One can only hope. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 pm

[quote="elehne1"]On Monday July 2nd, we went to the Chapala office with Spencer's staff to see if we

Where in Chapala is the office? Address please if you have it, thanks.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 am

johninajijic wrote:CBob - And now you know why Canadians don't like immigrants coming in taking away $$$ on health coverage, backing up the system, when others need more important care like operations.

John, I've never really heard about anyone up here begrudging immigrants access to our healthcare system. What has had people upset was self-declared "refugees" coming in from relatively affluent countries not experiencing wars, famines, floods, and so on, and collecting welfare, health care, etc. for years and years while they exhausted umpteen appeals. Then, when they finally got turned down in the their last appeal, they would claim humanitarian grounds because their children and grandchildren had been born in Canada and graduated from university here! Seriously, it wasn't quite that bad, but it did seem like it sometimes.

Basically, it was the unfairness of some people jumping the normal immigration queue by claiming to be refugees that ticked people off. There were quite a few like this coming in from Mexico, which is why the government imposed rather onerous visa requirements on Mexicans a few years back.

Much of the refugee problem came from a Supreme Court decision a few years ago that said, in effect, that anyone who claimed refugee status had to be considered, regardless of where they came from--- even the US!

The government is trying to fix that now by limiting their access to health care and implementing a system whereby refugee claimants can only come from designated countries. Whether it will work or not remains to be seen.

Ironically, when it did recently cut a lot of refugee claimants off of health care (which the federal government was paying the provinces for), there was such a public outcry that the goverment partially backtracked. Much of the outcry was for genuinely altruistic reasons, because cutting people off who were already here seemed unfair, but some of it was because of the fear that the bill would then just be passed on to the provincial governments.

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Please, please post the address of the office, thanks.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 pm

E-raq wrote:Ya know I really have to put a plug in here for the hospital civil. Saturday, the big guy, my pool boy, needed to have a tooth extracted. I insisted on the high priced spread, a maxillofacial surgeon, who was also a professor. That's what we got. BTW he also works part time at the hospital civil. So, we went, all in all including anesthesia, it took about 10 minutes. He had no pain afterwards, and all is well. Yes it was done in his private office, and was a lot more pricy than what you'd pay here lakeside, however a fraction of what you'd pay NOB. This guy is my new go to person for anything dental. Lawd that guy was as slick as my Daddy, and I've never seen anyone else that good.

RAQ, I agree 100%....my friend cancelled IMSS after paying into the system for 14 years.....needed blood....after several days.... ended up checking out, and into Hospital Civil. He received what he needed, plus they provided linens and TP. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 pm

What, I am invisible? Can't read my posts? Don't know where the Seguro Popular office in Chapala is? Isn't this the lakeside information webboard? I just don't get it and am not getting it, doesn't anyone know where this is??
Thanks

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 pm

It is at Charales #417 in Chapala, Colonia Las Redes. bring a translator and someone who knows how to answer the questions
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Intercasa wrote:It is at Charales #417 in Chapala, Colonia Las Redes. bring a translator and someone who knows how to answer the questions

Thank you for the info Spencer.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2