INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the lighter side, something Italian...

+5
itsme
David
Carry Bean
funnygirl
oncesubtle
9 posters

Go down

From the lighter side, something Italian... Empty From the lighter side, something Italian...

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:01 pm

http://www.wimp.com/threetenors

Which reminds me, what ever happened to La Gasconade? From the lighter side, something Italian... 851398 All of a sudden we're thinking Italian for dinner.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

From the lighter side, something Italian... Empty Re: From the lighter side, something Italian...

Post by funnygirl Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:20 pm

I make homemade pizza Wednesdays :)

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : watch it! I bite...

Back to top Go down

From the lighter side, something Italian... Empty Re: From the lighter side, something Italian...

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 pm

She was closed for kitchen renovations & should be reopening shortly but Angelika's east of Handymail & Mailboxes, etc. has wonderful homemade fresh pasta but she was only open for lunch. Don't know if she'll now be open for dinner. Her Pesto Cruda with or without shrimp with your choicce of 3 different types of pasta is just wonderful & you can get her lasagna in 3 different sized portions as well as for takeout. You can also buy her fresh pasta if you want to make your own sauce.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:37 pm

oncesubtle wrote:http://www.wimp.com/threetenors

Which reminds me, what ever happened to La Gasconade? From the lighter side, something Italian... 851398 All of a sudden we're thinking Italian for dinner.

Gasconade was French, and is long gone unfortunately.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Panzo is Itailian, located in La Floresta

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:04 pm

David wrote:

Gasconade was French, and is long gone unfortunately.

Unfortunately is right, maybe if they served spaghatti instead of snails they would have made a go of it. Too bad.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm

That was great, didn't think the young folk were interested. I believe these three have a good career in front of them! Thanks for sharing. cheers

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

funnygirl wrote:Panzo is Itailian, located in La Floresta

It's "PRANZO." I've heard it's pretty good.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Oops, yes David, just a typo ;) I mostly post w/the iPhone & very easy to make mistakes or miss letters.

It'd be fun to meet there one afternoon :) have a piece of carrot cake...if you've tasted mine you'll like it because it's my recipe. If it's being made right.

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 4 Dogs Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Went to Pranzo for breakfast last Sunday and was sadly disappointed. Ignored by two waiters and owner and had to ask for coffee from passing waiter. Never did get menu and paid for coffee and left. First time we went it was great and that was why we tried it again. However, last Sunday's second visit cured us and we won't be going back.

4 Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh, sad to hear. My wife and her girlfriends had breakfast there yesterday and loved it.

Last edited by David on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:41 pm

OK, I had to go to Angelicas and buy some raviolis due to this thread! From the lighter side, something Italian... Icon_biggrin

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:08 am

David, i'm really impressed that your wife and your girlfriends get along so well that they dine together! YOU DA MAN!!!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mafiafran Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 am

Panzo is Itailian, located in La Floresta

bin rentals
LED Spot

mafiafran

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 am

Are they able to sell wine yet?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 am

Couple things:
Pranzo is some kind of Italian I can do without. Three of us had sandwiches with an icky sweetish red goo in them. One had a pasta dish with a variation on the terrible sauce.
The salads arrived with NO dressing. Had to get a waiter, and that took too much time.
Never again for me, but I see they have a goodly group of customers, so whadda I know?

Here's a surprise: The best Italian sandwich I've had here is at Panino's, usually on Thursday, but you can ask for it. Big chicken breast in a roll spread with olive oil and pesto. Yum. Also, the spaghetti with shrimp is a Thursday special. Great mild marinara sauce, big shrimp. Another spaghetti dish has meatballs, but the sauce is too acetic for my taste. For the side, the tiny bowl of Italian tomatoes in dressing is delicious.

La Gasconade is once again alive and well and getting good reviews as "Laurent's" inside the Casablanca Hotel on 16 Septiembre in Ajijic, near LCS. I haven't tried it yet.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down