INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

5 posters

Go down

Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico  Empty Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

Post by Kiri Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am

Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico  Empty Re: Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

Post by Axixic Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:40 am

Damn, there goes my entire retirement strategy.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico  Empty Re: Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

Post by gringal Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 am

Kiri wrote:Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

That's the short version. The long version can be found in a newspaper article on the subject on (gasp) TOB. Kiri, for those without access to that board, please post a link to the article here.

There may be more to the story.........but when you are working for a company and you leave the country without letting them in on your plans.............what happens next shouldn't be too surprising. I know people who telecommute from various places in Mexico and let their employers in on exactly what they planned before they made the move.....approval all around, so no problems.

You can work at home in Mexico at various occupations, even if you are self-employed, but you need a a"working" visa.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 am

gringal wrote:
Kiri wrote:Man fired for 'working at home' in Mexico

That's the short version. The long version can be found in a newspaper article on the subject on (gasp) TOB. Kiri, for those without access to that board, please post a link to the article here.

There may be more to the story.........but when you are working for a company and you leave the country without letting them in on your plans.............what happens next shouldn't be too surprising. I know people who telecommute from various places in Mexico and let their employers in on exactly what they planned before they made the move.....approval all around, so no problems.

You can work at home in Mexico at various occupations, even if you are self-employed, but you need a a"working" visa.

Link is there if you click on it...

Kiri, for those without access to that board, please post a link to the article here[i]
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 am

Even though this guy was reckless to do what he did, I feel the employer who kept him on long enough for the big deal to go through should be responsible for some compensation.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks, Kiri.........I missed that the link was there on the first reading.

For anyone who wants the details on "working at home", check www.rollybrook.com

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:45 pm

gringal wrote:For anyone who wants the details on "working at home", check www.rollybrook.com

Gringal, I can only find stuff about starting a biz or teaching English. Is there something more?

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes, do a search on" Rollybrook and working in Mexico." It goes into details about getting a working FM3, etc. which would include working for an employer outside Mexico.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down