INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was gone for two days....

+12
David
RoofBob
ferret
Parker
Chapala Payaso
manymoonsago
Axixic
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
MaggieL
CanuckBob
jackak10
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I was gone for two days.... - Page 2 Empty Re: I was gone for two days....

Post by johninajijic Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

jakak quote - "Manzanillo is hot and humid three months a year. All winter and spring we have low temps at night in the low 70's (F) and highs in the low 80's. For the last two months the daytime highs have been higher in Guadalajara (and I assume Chapala) than in Manzanillo.?

You are FULL OF SH*T. I've been to PV in April. You cannot step otside of the A/C room and walk for 10 minutes without your shirt being dripping wet. And in the summer right into October it's worse. Your on the coast south of PV. ANYWHERE on the coast it's like that.

We were in Manzanillo on Thanksgiving week at Karmina Palace. Don't try to BS everyone because you have a house for sale. And we were at Los Angeles Loco in November last year and hot and humid again. We need NO A/C at Lakeside. You need it nearly 9 months a year. How's your electric bill or are you too cheap to run the A/C? I hear electric bills in PV run from $ 700 US to $ 1000 US a month.

Lakeside: 2 PM - 84 degrees - 46% Humidity Extremely comfortable!!!

Puerto Vallarta - 2 PM - 85 degrees - 69% Humidity Unbearable.

Manzanillo - 2 PM - 89 degrees - 82% Humidity !!!! OMG!!! Totally unbearable

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 2:12 pm

David wrote:Jup, that was the previous strategy!

When we first came here there were far worse crimes, and they were against gringos. I remember two double murder cases rather well. Now, other than home invasions there is very little serious crime against the gringo population.

These days it's crime against the local community, which is really heartbreaking because they can't pick up and move like we can. They can't afford electric fences, or alarm systems. They can't even get enough money to buy a legal firearm. They're sitting in their homes totally defenseless. Until very recently we didn't hear about what was going on, and I'm certain there were a lot of things most people never heard about. Now due to the nature of the crimes and the internet it's plastered all over on a daily basis. Let's face it, the world has changed and not in a good way. It's now pretty much everywhere, including Canada where there have been recent reports of severed body parts turning up in offices.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Actually E-raq I have been following that story out of Montreal and Ottawa and it just gets stranger by the minute - snuff video posted on the internet, dead kittens, a connection to Homolka. And now it looks like the guy might be in France or has it made it look like he went to France.

The whole thing is just bat-shit crazy.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm

John: "Don't try to BS everyone because you have a house for sale"

Say what??? Or have you taken your house off the market?

As for all of this badgering about what place is better to live, what a bunch of horse pucky! Anyone with experience living in more than just a couple of locations will often say: "living somewhere is what you choose to make of it". Besides you have never made a bad decision in your life - much the same as the rest of us.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 2:22 pm

johninajijic wrote:jakak quote - "Manzanillo is hot and humid three months a year. All winter and spring we have low temps at night in the low 70's (F) and highs in the low 80's. For the last two months the daytime highs have been higher in Guadalajara (and I assume Chapala) than in Manzanillo.?

You are FULL OF SH*T. I've been to PV in April. You cannot step otside of the A/C room and walk for 10 minutes without your shirt being dripping wet. And in the summer right into October it's worse. Your on the coast south of PV. ANYWHERE on the coast it's like that.

We were in Manzanillo on Thanksgiving week at Karmina Palace. Don't try to BS everyone because you have a house for sale. And we were at Los Angeles Loco in November last year and hot and humid again. We need NO A/C at Lakeside. You need it nearly 9 months a year. How's your electric bill or are you too cheap to run the A/C? I hear electric bills in PV run from $ 700 US to $ 1000 US a month.

Lakeside: 2 PM - 84 degrees - 46% Humidity Extremely comfortable!!!

Puerto Vallarta - 2 PM - 85 degrees - 69% Humidity Unbearable.

Manzanillo - 2 PM - 89 degrees - 82% Humidity !!!! OMG!!! Totally unbearable
Manzanillo in November is hot. October is hot. September is hot. That's when our hot/humid season begins. I know, it's screwed up. Our temps are moderate until the end of August. Go figure. I've lived here full-time, year-around for four years, I think I know when it's hot, not like you, who came here twice, ever, and you're an expert.

We run our A/C in the bedroom at night during that hot time. The rest of the time it's open patio doors, windows and ceiling fans. The near-constant ocean breeze makes it OK for anyone except the Canadian who just can't stand temps above freezing. Our electric bill is under 400 pesos every two months.

As far as your comparison Lakeside/Manzanillo right now? We were in Guadalajara for a week, came home yesterday. Each day the high temp in GDL was 31-33 (C) and according to the weather on TV the high temps in ZLO was 29-30. Yes, the humidity is high. But we got used to it the same way you get used to being robbed by policemen, I guess.

So, since you were in PV in April, that makes you the weatherman. You know what the weather is the whole rest of the year. You should get a job for the TV station. Except they have to be pretty girls with big ... you know.

BTW, I have an oceanview condo for sale, we bought a bigger place. In Manzanillo. How's the sale of your place coming?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Axixic wrote:Actually E-raq I have been following that story out of Montreal and Ottawa and it just gets stranger by the minute - snuff video posted on the internet, dead kittens, a connection to Homolka. And now it looks like the guy might be in France or has it made it look like he went to France.

The whole thing is just bat-shit crazy.

If Homolka is in on it, there's sure to be MORE than bat-sh!t crazy attached to it. How that piece of slime ever made it out of prison is beyond rational belief. Our kids knew some of the cops who investigated the original case, they were not allowed to discuss any details, and the judge sealed all evidence both during the trial and after it, due to the beyond horrendous nature of the crimes.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

OK. Well, stay safe, keep your head down. And on your shoulders. For what it's worth, here's violent crime rates for cities in the US with 40,000-60,000 population as of 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_%2840,000_%E2%80%93_60,000%29

How's that compare?
[/quote]

Who gives a shit as long as we are happy here. Your posts and the comparisons you cite are worthless bullshit to me. There's got to be somebody, somewhere in the world that is more interested in your opinions than me.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 pm

E-raq wrote:If Homolka is in on it, there's sure to be MORE than bat-sh!t crazy attached to it. How that piece of slime ever made it out of prison is beyond rational belief. Our kids knew some of the cops who investigated the original case, they were not allowed to discuss any details, and the judge sealed all evidence both during the trial and after it, due to the beyond horrendous nature of the crimes.

Not to de-rail this thread but apparently the police have confirmed that there was some relationship between Homolka and this Magnotta guy (I can't imagine that the Magnotta Winery is too thrilled with his name change) but the guy himself denied any sexual relationship between them in previous online postings. In his pictures he does kind of look like a young Paul Bernardo. In a really creepy kind of way.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 pm

slainte39 wrote:

OK. Well, stay safe, keep your head down. And on your shoulders. For what it's worth, here's violent crime rates for cities in the US with 40,000-60,000 population as of 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_%2840,000_%E2%80%93_60,000%29

How's that compare?

Who gives a shit as long as we are happy here. Your posts and the comparisons you cite are worthless bullshit to me. There's got to be somebody, somewhere in the world that is more interested in your opinions than me.
Uuuuh, you keep reading them.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Axixic wrote:
E-raq wrote:If Homolka is in on it, there's sure to be MORE than bat-sh!t crazy attached to it. How that piece of slime ever made it out of prison is beyond rational belief. Our kids knew some of the cops who investigated the original case, they were not allowed to discuss any details, and the judge sealed all evidence both during the trial and after it, due to the beyond horrendous nature of the crimes.

Not to de-rail this thread but apparently the police have confirmed that there was some relationship between Homolka and this Magnotta guy (I can't imagine that the Magnotta Winery is too thrilled with his name change) but the guy himself denied any sexual relationship between them in previous online postings. In his pictures he does kind of look like a young Paul Bernardo. In a really creepy kind of way.

Also not to derail this thread, I have now just got to look into this in a whole lot more detail. Thanks for the info.
One last thought, anybody who might even consider any kind of a relationship with Homolka has got to be more than a bit unbalanced.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Who gives a shit as long as we are happy here. Your posts and the comparisons you cite are worthless bullshit to me. There's got to be somebody, somewhere in the world that is more interested in your opinions than me.[/quote]Uuuuh, you keep reading them.
[/quote]

Not anymore...you wasted enough of my time.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

slainte39 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!! Gotcha again!

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 pm

jackak10 wrote:Then I come back and it took me an hour to go through the posts in just the "Crime" section. To think, a year ago we were seriously thinking about moving to Chapala from Manzanillo for the cooler summers. Not on your life! Or our lives, possibly, had we made the move. It's just not worth the chance. I've lived my entire life without being afraid of the city I live in, I'm not going to start now.

I know, big cities in the US and Canada are dangerous. Chapala and Ajijic are not big cities. Compare the crime and murder rates with any other city in the hemisphere of like size.

Maybe someday, but not now. I like my safe and clean town on the beach.

I would suggest you may want to "rethink" your attitude. We have lived here for a year now - from Canada - and love it here. Yes, right now there are situations happening around us - BUT NOT TO US!!| If you don't want to move here - fine with us. Why post that on this board? As another member said, Who cares - stay where you are. Just don't act so uppity and think that "your little corner of Mexico" is amune to it all.
YEESH...................

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Guiness wrote:
jackak10 wrote:Then I come back and it took me an hour to go through the posts in just the "Crime" section. To think, a year ago we were seriously thinking about moving to Chapala from Manzanillo for the cooler summers. Not on your life! Or our lives, possibly, had we made the move. It's just not worth the chance. I've lived my entire life without being afraid of the city I live in, I'm not going to start now.

I know, big cities in the US and Canada are dangerous. Chapala and Ajijic are not big cities. Compare the crime and murder rates with any other city in the hemisphere of like size.

I would suggest you may want to "rethink" your attitude. We have lived here for a year now - from Canada - and love it here. Yes, right now there are situations happening around us - BUT NOT TO US!!| If you don't want to move here - fine with us. Why post that on this board? As another member said, Who cares - stay where you are. Just don't act so uppity and think that "your little corner of Mexico" is amune to it all.
YEESH...................
But you seem to think that "your little corner of Chapala" is immune (spelling corrected) to it all. Are you serious? Just because your family has not been butchered that none of it matters?

Just wondering.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Attn: jackak10

Since no gringos have EVER been butchered here, your argument is somewhat fallacious.
Now, moving right along, what happens in our communities does affect us, there's no question about that, so perhaps we could just stick to that end of the story. What has happened here is a tragedy, however steps are being taken to deal with and eliminate the perpetrators. Let's hope that the efforts are successful.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 pm

jackak10 wrote:
Guiness wrote:

YEESH...................
But you seem to think that "your little corner of Chapala" is immune (spelling corrected) to it all. Are you serious? Just because your family has not been butchered that none of it matters?

Just wondering.

Oh come on now..........are you just simply sitting at your computer out of the heat and humidy and trying to find something to keep you occupied.
We here at Lake Chapala know all too well the events recently. Are we afraid -NO. Are we putting our home up for sale and looking to move to another area -NO. None of us here believe we are immune - we have LIVED IT. You on the other hand have no idea and should keep your unqualified opinons to yourself. We are all glad that you love where you live - so join a board over there where your comments and opinons will be of benefit.
Here, your thoughts really mean zero!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 4:10 pm

E-raq wrote:Attn: jackak10

Since no gringos have EVER been butchered here, your argument is somewhat fallacious.
Now, moving right along, what happens in our communities does affect us, there's no question about that, so perhaps we could just stick to that end of the story. What has happened here is a tragedy, however steps are being taken to deal with and eliminate the perpetrators. Let's hope that the efforts are successful.
So when a Gringo is butchered, you will consider that maybe there is a problem?

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Guiness wrote:
jackak10 wrote:
Guiness wrote:

YEESH...................

Just wondering.

Oh come on now..........are you just simply sitting at your computer out of the heat and humidy and trying to find something to keep you occupied.
We here at Lake Chapala know all too well the events recently. Are we afraid -NO. Are we putting our home up for sale and looking to move to another area -NO. None of us here believe we are immune - we have LIVED IT. You on the other hand have no idea and should keep your unqualified opinons to yourself. We are all glad that you love where you live - so join a board over there where your comments and opinons will be of benefit.
Here, your thoughts really mean zero!
According to the Chapala MLS, there are nearly 700 homes for sale. Seems like a lot for a small area.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 31, 2012 4:13 pm

jackak10 wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!! Gotcha again!

Thumbs up OK Theses two are funny
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 4:14 pm

jackak10 wrote:

Yep and then we will all move to Manzinillo. Maybe when that happens you can get the 119K for that condo. Jajaja
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 pm

jackak10 wrote:

Hehehe, c'mon now y'all just tryin' to pi$$ off an old lady?

In case reading comprehension is one of your problems, might i suggest classes? Or glasses?

As for arguments, if I ate a can of alphabet soup, then puked it up I could easily come up with a better argument than you have so far presented here.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 4:20 pm

E-raq wrote:
jackak10 wrote:

Hehehe, c'mon now y'all just tryin' to pi$$ off an old lady?

In case reading comprehension is one of your problems, might i suggest classes? Or glasses?

As for arguments, if I ate a can of alphabet soup, then puked it up I could easily come up with a better argument than you have so far presented here.
I think I had better let you rest. You're starting to ramble.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Now now jackac10, condescension does not become you. Consider yourself warned, little old ladies can be exceptionally good at the gentle art of verbal self defense.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Thu May 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Life is a trade off. I am not too great at interpreting the data, especially in towns under 100,000. Edina, MN looks like a good pick for safety reasons. I had a friend who I admonished for smoking. Said it would kill him some day. He replied that he would rather die at a younger age rather than give up his smokes.

Here the risks have increased but quite a few bad guys have been pulled off the streets and thrown into Puente Grande state prison. It seems to be tapering of but who knows if it remain so. Nice thing about the legal system here is the bad guys always confess and give up the ones further up the food chain. Always.

I am happy where I am and since you have given up on coming here, I guess you will just have to be content where you are or, maybe, move to Edina. Cheers.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Chapala Payaso, Ditto.....meanwhile, as to JA10 Sleep Sleep Sleep
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2