INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale

+11
brigitte
GBATRUCKS
Flamingo
bobnliz
MexicoPete
hockables
ChickenLittle
johninajijic
ferret
CanuckBob
Ms.Thang
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale Empty 2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 21, 2012 4:46 pm

There is an ad in the window of the vet store and the liquor store near the plaza in Chapala for 2 Belgian Malnois for sale $800 pesos each.

One is 11 months old and the other is 2 years old. I remember reading about someone looking for this breed of dog because they are excellent watch dogs, but I think it might have been on TOB .

I can't remember the phone # but the ads are there and if someone wants it I will trot down there and make note of it and give it to you.

The picture showed one of them in a sad looking little pen...

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale Empty Re: 2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I have never heard of this breed so I goggled a picture.

2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale Malino10

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale Empty Re: 2 Belgian Malnois -Young dogs for sale

Post by ferret Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 pm

You aren't reading your own board? I posted a picture of our girl and Chapalgringa posted a video of one being trained at Wolf's.
The Belgian Shepherds (Malinois genus) are used extensively as police dogs in Europe. Verrrrry intelligent.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Read it???????? Heck I barely have time to administer it now a days.......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

WOW!!! A gorgeous dog! I saw your posting of the dog before.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenLittle Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Please, this breed of dog is not a pet. He/she is highly intelligent and needs training in order to be manageable. They are used as personal protection dogs and police dogs. If you are considering one please do your research first or you will end up with a dangerous animal. This dog with proper training and handling will be loyal unto death. Certainly not a dog for everyone. PM for name of certified trainers for this breed.
ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:Please, this breed of dog is not a pet. He/she is highly intelligent and needs training in order to be manageable. They are used as personal protection dogs and police dogs. If you are considering one please do your research first or you will end up with a dangerous animal. This dog with proper training and handling will be loyal unto death. Certainly not a dog for everyone. PM for name of certified trainers for this breed.

There is one at Christiana Park they call him either Frick or Frack ... sleeps and eats, not much else...
Really friendly for a Street Dog
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm

I have one that I use as an outdoor security dog. He's had training and is very protective and a great friend.

He was a rescue dog that I got through Art Hess that had been providing security at a construction site in Guadalajara and once he was no longer needed given away, I guess because the breed is not always a good pet. All I know is that he is very protective of the other pets to include rescue cats and the other dogs and of the house. I'm glad he is on my side. I wouldn't want him mad at me :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:Please, this breed of dog is not a pet. He/she is highly intelligent and needs training in order to be manageable. They are used as personal protection dogs and police dogs. If you are considering one please do your research first or you will end up with a dangerous animal. This dog with proper training and handling will be loyal unto death. Certainly not a dog for everyone. PM for name of certified trainers for this breed.

Don't wanna ruffle your feathers Chickenlittle but your post is bullshit. They are highly intelligent but ordinary home training does just fine. They are NATURALLY protective of their people and family. We've had ours since she was seven weeks old. To our family she is the biggest suck around and a playaholic. But NOBODY (meaning strangers) would get in our house or near our car without her mouthing off. She is very obedient and loves to learn new things...pulled our 8 month old granddaughter all over the pool deck in a milk crate with a lead attached.
On the other hand, the dogs being offered...what is their background, how have they been treated, how were they trained. They MIGHT be dangerous.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon May 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Sounds like chick-little has had a bad experience. Good to hear from folks with positive experiences. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon May 21, 2012 10:30 pm

If a Malnois is bred and used for herding - their original purpose, they can be great dogs. When we lived in Joco, our friend had a Malnois he used for herding goats who was a sweetheart. When they are bred and trained to be guard dogs, it's a toss up.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 am

....ALSO PRETTY ROUGH ON TERRORISTS..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMI8fDQGkk&feature=related
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 am

Malinois were used for herding and are now police dogs in France and Belgium. They do need to be trained properly like any large breed they can be dangerous if treated like a baby rather than a dog. They are very inteligent and are wonderful pets when trained properly.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 9:16 am

brigitte wrote:Malinois were used for herding and are now police dogs in France and Belgium. They do need to be trained properly like any large breed they can be dangerous if treated like a baby rather than a dog. They are very inteligent and are wonderful pets when trained properly.

Putting it another way. I would want to be sure everybody in the household should be Alpha in dog social order terms. I had a girlfriend with a half/shepard half/wolf
and while I had no problems with the dog as he tried to be alpha with me and I flipped him over and bit him on the neck. No problems with me and the dog but my
girlfriend treated him like a little baby and he wouldn't listen to her. Luckily he was nice about the whole thing and she got away with it. I know another hybrid who
bit her owners face when she was talking baby talk. Not trying to scare anybody but these guard dogs are not newfoundlands and require a stern but fair hand
for a good and safe dog. I would say the same applies to Beaucerons which are another guard dog from Belguim which I was very lucky to live with for six months.
These dogs are wonderful creatures but not for everyone.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am

"These dogs are wonderful creatures but not for everyone."

Or in doggie speak: "these humans are wonderful creatures but not for everyone!"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 22, 2012 10:00 am

I believe Beauceron are French dogs who were herd dogs in the Beauce , a plain near Paris. It is a very rich agriculture area producing grain, potatoes and beet for sugar as well as the famous Brie cheese made of cow milk.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 pm

An important point Zedinmexico! Any dog will try to be alpha to the humans. Ya gotta get that thought out of their heads pretty quickly. My hubby and I share the alpha role and our dog is subservient to us...no ifs, ands or buts.
I was watching the Dog Whisperer one time and a chihuahua had established himself as alpha to the wife...wouldn't even let her get on the bed to sleep with her husband. That was hard to undo and should never have been allowed to happen. With larger dogs it's even more important to establish the pecking order early.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 22, 2012 12:15 pm

ferret wrote:
I was watching the Dog Whisperer one time
Talk about an immigrant success story:from illegal alien to multimillionaire celebrity in a few short years,ask him what he thinks of the US.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 pm

brigitte wrote:I believe Beauceron are French dogs who were herd dogs in the Beauce , a plain near Paris. It is a very rich agriculture area producing grain, potatoes and beet for sugar as well as the famous Brie cheese made of cow milk.

Correct you are. My bad but I assumed because the dog I knew was from from southern Belgium it was Belgium.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 pm

My Mother in the early 50's worked at Jackson's Labs in Maine where standard
lab animals were bred for use in scientific studies. She said that the wild dogs
were much much easier to deal with than the dogs who had had interactions
with humans. She said the wild dogs were very logical and easy to deal with.
She said we are the ones screwing up the dogs with our human behavior.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Oh Zed, what HAVE you done? Can open, worms out. ROFL.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 pm

gringal wrote:Oh Zed, what HAVE you done? Can open, worms out. ROFL.
No kidding Gringal,what kind of scientific studies?wild dogs?maybe he meant to say abandoned pet dogs and their offspring,definite can of worms.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

gringal wrote:Oh Zed, what HAVE you done? Can open, worms out. ROFL.

You can google Jackson Labs and that is where the generic white rats come from for scientific study. During those
days they used dogs for study. This was 60 plus years ago. My mother was a person who studied Genes and so
they bred animals to see what happens when you cross this and that. Lots of things happened 60 years ago that
would not happen now. Past is still the past and I don't censor it unlike many people. No can of worms at all.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

What I meant, Zed, is that I figured there'd be people all over your case for mentioning dogs and laboratories in the same sentence. You dodged that bullet well, however. Congrats.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 pm

gringal wrote:What I meant, Zed, is that I figured there'd be people all over your case for mentioning dogs and laboratories in the same sentence. You dodged that bullet well, however. Congrats.

Ditto

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next