INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mi Bebe y Yo - local charity information

Go down

Mi Bebe y Yo - local charity information Empty Mi Bebe y Yo - local charity information

Post by simpsca Sun May 20, 2012 11:10 am

A meeting of the group Mi Bebe y Yo is coming up June 6th. Items listed below or any donation are always welcome. Please contact julieywayne@yahoo.com if you want to drop off anything in Mirasol prior to the meeting (I have learned to knit baby caps after 40 years of not knitting!)

Here are the details of the group and what is being given to some of the poorest women lakeside:

Twelve years ago a group of us living at Lakeside began contributing to the program. We make up packages consisting of a receiving blanket, two cloth diapers, two disposable diapers, a sleeper, cap and socks for the newborn. For mom we include two sanitary napkins, a pair of panties, and a pair of socks, small soaps, shampoos, lotions (save those travel items).

Every three months we have a potluck luncheon at one of our members' homes and we bring all the packages and supplies we've made with us. We are now distributing the packages only here at Lakeside, to the free clinic at 6 Corners, Cruz Rojas and the Tepehua Community.

You should see how anxious the mothers are to get their babies dressed. If the delivery is free of problems, the baby is wrapped in a sheet and sent back to mom's bed with her. Naturally, mom is thrilled to see the pretty pastel clothing, blanket, and diapers.

A note from me the moderator - when I found out about this group I went through my closets and found a lot of those tiny soaps and began knitting baby caps while watching TV in the evening. Any of the items above will be greatly appreciated by the new mothers.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down