INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels?

+11
ilovehorses
Irish Gal
Parker
GBATRUCKS
simpsca
brigitte
juanrey
Smartalex
CanuckBob
manymoonsago
johninajijic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels? Empty Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels?

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Have you seen the Federales, Estatal and Army in locations that you have travelled over the past several days?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels? Empty Re: Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels?

Post by manymoonsago Thu May 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels? Empty Re: Have You Seen Federales, Estatal and/or the Army in Your Travels?

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 17, 2012 3:16 pm

I just returned a few hours ago from PV via the Mascota, Ameca, VillaCorona route (non tolls). I didn't see any police or army at all. Nada.

On another note this route from PV is awesome. Windy canyon roads, beautiful scenery and no large trucks or traffic. Takes about the same time as the toll route and it comes out just above Jocotepec so you completely avoid driving through Guadalajara.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm

manymoonsago wrote:Yes.

Me too.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 4:01 pm

CBob - Did you see any Federales or Army on your way thru Joco or Piedra Barrenada?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Thu May 17, 2012 4:20 pm

johninajijic wrote:Have you seen the Federales, Estatal and Army in locations that you have travelled over the past several days?

Yes, driving across upper Ajijic around 9pm last night.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 17, 2012 4:22 pm

yes I saw all of them in Ajiic nd between here and Guadalajara.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

brigitte wrote:yes I saw all of them in Ajiic nd between here and Guadalajara.

I only hope they will stay awhile.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 pm

johninajijic wrote:CBob - Did you see any Federales or Army on your way thru Joco or Piedra Barrenada?

No, just 1 local cop in SJC.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu May 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I came home to San Juan Cosala at 6pm tonight and there were three trucks full of army men with guns wearing camoflage followed by 3 block fedarale pick up trucks. Was glad to see them driving up the main street of town.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 10:37 pm

simpsca wrote:I came home to San Juan Cosala at 6pm tonight and there were three trucks full of army men with guns wearing camoflage followed by 3 block fedarale pick up trucks. Was glad to see them driving up the main street of town.

My gardener was here at 5 PM. I asked him. He said he saw the Army in SJC and Joco.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 am

I heard some good things and very sad things about the meeting in San Juan Cosala yesterday. Lots of info and brochures was handed out - who to call in the event of various problems. I'll report more when I get the details. It sounds like it was a very different meeting than the one in Ajijic. The President of Jocotopec was the primary speaker and acknowledged there is a big problem. I'll post all the contact phone numbers later when I get them for those who live in the municipal of Jocotopec.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri May 18, 2012 12:19 pm

2 pick-ups with soldier went roaring down our street in Joco right after the earthquake...maybe they thought the narcos had blown up the plaza.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Our gardener and maid are from SJC. The maid does not speak any English however the gardener does. I asked the gardener to tell the maid that if she is ever scared and needs a ride to let me know. He said not to worry as they are not scared because the army is all over the place in SJC now.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri May 18, 2012 2:45 pm

CBob - That's what he told me last night when he was working here. Nice of you to ffer. She is your gardener's aunt, but you probably know that.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri May 18, 2012 4:49 pm

You know I’m proud of those that show concern for their employees. It’s like they become family and if anything was to hurt their family it would hurt almost as bad if it happened to your own. These are truly lovely people.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Fri May 18, 2012 5:05 pm

I couldn't agree more, Parker.

This afternoon my husband saw four state police trucks going west on Emiliano Zapata from the street that runs north alongside of the Ajijic clinic.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Saw 7 - 8 State police vehicles going east from SJC thru Ajijic around 5pm this afternoon in a convoy on the carretera
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 pm

I agree with Parker - 150% - and applaud CBob for his concern.

I also think that we cannot rely on our staff to tell us they are afraid but rather just presume they are afraid and proactively work out a plan with them to increase their security coming and going from work. (The culture promotes stoicism -- Mexican people haven't learned to whine like the rest of us!)
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovehorses Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 pm

saw a truck full of army men, follwed by 10 state police trucks today at 4 pm heading into Joco.

ilovehorses

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri May 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Have seen army & state police at the east and west ends of Joco + two other units circulating through Joco.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri May 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh, and the US Consulate has finally gotten around to posting "a repeat" of basic (and I do mean basic) security guidelines...my favorite guideline was to not try to get closer to an explosion or gunfire to see what's happening....
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Great to hear you guys' reports. Sounds like Joco and SJC is being patrolled very diligently. Are they covering Chapala that well?

I haven't seen a cop car or the military anywhere in SAT except for passing along the carretera. Sounds like they're concentrating on the right spots.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm

On the way back from Cinco Potrillos Candace noticed 3 Army trucks full of soldiers parked alongside the road overlooking Chapala Haciendas and everyone was looking down the hillside. Twisted Evil
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Watching Jim's place I suppose............jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next