INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one?

+2
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
6 posters

Go down

Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one? Empty Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one?

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 am

Looks like Walmart may have gone to far. Approx six years ago they were massivly bribing to get building permits in Mexico. Someone from Mexico
told Bentonville headquarters. They investigated (one of the exec authorizing bribes ) and found no wrongdoing. Well there was. Now depending
on how WalMart mexico is structured and who owns it if it is owned by WalMart USA (or whaever it is called) they could be in deep shit. It is a very
serious offense for a US company to offer bribes overseas. I think it will go either two ways. People going to jail for covering it up or WalMart will
pay a 2 billion dollar fine or something like that. Read about it. The details are truly amazing. Personally I think a good penalty in mexico would
be to stop them from building for a year and let Sorianna catch up.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one? Empty Re: Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one?

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:54 am

Zed:

Late to the party with this bit of hot news:
https://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net/t3911-wal-mart-de-mexico

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one? Empty Re: Has Wal Mart gone to far to get out of this one?

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 am

Sorry missed that. Will move questions in post to other thread.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:06 am

Zed quote - "Personally I think a good penalty in mexico would
be to stop them from building for a year and let Sorianna catch up."

Why, so we could have more crappy stores in Mexico. Soriana is a wannabee Walmart, except that they are ill organized and have less of a selection. And if you think the fish stinks in Walmart, try Soriana for their limited stinky fish selection.

ONLY place to buy fresh fish is at the Pescaderia in La Huerta Plaza, West Ajijic. The other two intown Pescaderias cannot hold a candle.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 am

johninajijic wrote:Zed quote - "Personally I think a good penalty in mexico would
be to stop them from building for a year and let Sorianna catch up."

Why, so we could have more crappy stores in Mexico. Soriana is a wannabee Walmart, except that they are ill organized and have less of a selection. And if you think the fish stinks in Walmart, try Soriana for their limited stinky fish selection.

ONLY place to buy fresh fish is at the Pescaderia in La Huerta Plaza, West Ajijic. The other two intown Pescaderias cannot hold a candle.

Don't you think that walmart should be penalized? Maybe Soriana was honest in getting there building permits. John if Walmart is guilty of paying bribes overseas this is a very
serious breach of law. I can't think of a better way to penalize a company for there bad behavior. Stop them growing for a period of time. You can still go to walmart and
get your fish but frankly your whole argument sounds to me like you don't want to be inconvienced. John this is not the first time or the first set of managment that has had a
little bit of problems following the law. It is not a ethical company obviously and demonstrated by there behavior over and over. I don't care if anyone shops there I do my self
but frankly I would be happy swapping Sorianna and Walmart as I find the managment and help to be far better at Soriana's then Walmart lakeside. Others experiences may be
different.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
Maybe Soriana was honest in getting there building permits.

Z

Con el dinero baila el perro. Good God, you are naive.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 am

Zed - Yes, they should/could be penalized, but I don't think it will happen.

You missed the entire point of my post. My point was, why keep Walmart from building so we could have more crappy stores like Soriana. Soriana's products are few and selection is limited on everything. It is truly a crappy store. The Ajijic Walmart cannot compare to the Walmarts in GDL. We buy very little in Walmart and certainly would never buy fish there when a stones throw away, we have the new Pescaderia in West Ajijic. Fresh fish and seafood always.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:08 am

johninajijic wrote:Zed - Yes, they should/could be penalized, but I don't think it will happen.

You missed the entire point of my post. My point was, why keep Walmart from building so we could have more crappy stores like Soriana. Soriana's products are few and selection is limited on everything. It is truly a crappy store. The Ajijic Walmart cannot compare to the Walmarts in GDL. We buy very little in Walmart and certainly would never buy fish there when a stones throw away, we have the new Pescaderia in West Ajijic. Fresh fish and seafood always.

In your opinion John. I actually much prefer Soriana's. Much better help and they have change something the local walmart seems to have difficulty with. I don't know anything
about fish and you could be right about that. Why do you say the Ajijic walmart cannot be compared to walmarts in Guad? Does ours have more gringo stuff or what?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:11 am

Solovino wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
Maybe Soriana was honest in getting there building permits.

Z

Con el dinero baila el perro. Good God, you are naive.

Excuse me but are you accusing Soriana's of bribary???? I am hardly naive. Are you always so negative? I feel sorry for you.

z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 am

Okay, okay guys. Soriana is a whole different shopping experience and I wouldn't buy fish there OR at Walmart. For fish, we have fish markets right here.

Example: If I need spices, Soriana has a large selection for way lower prices than those at Walmart. I wanted a small portable CD player. The only ones at Walmart were large and double the price of the one at Soriana. Better selection on such things there at lower prices. Better produce, too.

I regularly shop at Walmart for many things.........because it's right here.

However, none of this is to the point: If Walmart elbowed into Mexico through illegal means.........they deserve a big, fat fine and I hope to see it happen.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 am

Shocked

Walmart, Sorianas, Mega... they are not the end all.... they all try to be .... and it seems here.... many expect them to be....

Walmart is a place I appreciate because they carry many... or most ... of the things I might choose to purchase on a shopping trip.

Great wine selection... cordials, if U prefer... the Meat Dept has proven to be quite good... Dairy seems to stay current and fresh... if I happen to need cookware, clothing, or something for the car... its there...

Only complaint I've had so far... sometimes I've found Produce to be dated and wilted...

No big deal... the small markets @ San Juan Cosalla or Jocotepec are Great for Produce and I usually choose a near-by Bakery for all my Pan Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
Excuse me but are you accusing Soriana's of bribary???? I am hardly naive. Are you always so negative? I feel sorry for you.

z

Why would you feel sorry for a complete stranger? Weird.

Tell me, if you are so smart and not naive as you claim, have you ever applied for a building permit in Mexico? Have you ever done an environmental impact statement? Cambio de uso de suelo? Plan parcial? Usos y destinos? Factibilidad? Have you? Putz.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Solovino wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

z

Why would you feel sorry for a complete stranger? Weird.

Tell me, if you are so smart and not naive as you claim, have you ever applied for a building permit in Mexico? Have you ever done an environmental impact statement? Cambio de uso de suelo? Plan parcial? Usos y destinos? Factibilidad? Have you? Putz.

Why would I feel sorry for a complete stranger? Well it is called sympathy but Ok I won't feel it for you if that bothers you
and I won't call you a name like you did. Come on guy "putz" LOL.

As far as what I have done in my life. Between my wife and I we have been to like 90 countries and lived in a half dozen of them.
Nothing I have seen so far in Mexico makes paperwork life any worse than a couple of dozens countries other than Mexico. You
want something done you hire a fixer and get it done. Yes I get your point but the difference is Walmart got caught and the other
elephant in the room did not.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down