INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area

+4
Zedinmexico
hound dog
CanuckBob
cagneykitty
8 posters

Go down

Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area Empty Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area

Post by cagneykitty Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 pm

hola
Good afternoon to all from Texas.

Not sure if this is correct forum for this posting but figured it couldn't hurt. Very Happy If there is a meet and greet forum, I haven't seen it, may be disguised in some form or fashion or I just need to get new glasses... lol! If there is such a place, could someone please direct me to it.

I was introduced to Chapala back in 2009. At that time I had the wonderful fortune of meeting 2 of the finest people from OK (Wayne and Wanda) that live there that have become like family to me. I fell in love with the area and even have dreams about different areas I have frequented while there.
I am only able to spend a month or 2 at a time when I come down due to my job here (not old enough to retire yet..lol).

The problem I have is not knowing where to meet people. I am very interested in meeting people that like to dance. I started taking dance classes in my area (Galveston) 3 yrs ago and enjoy it very much. I do what they call Ballroom dance. The kinds of dance I enjoy is West coast swing, East coast, regular swing, 2 step (country and western), polka and a little salsa (gotta work on that one). I also freestyle as I call it. lol! I just love to dance.
So anyway, if anyone can help me in this I would appreciate it very much.

cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Humor : a little slow, but I get it eventually

Back to top Go down

Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area Empty Re: Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Welcome Cagneykitty. You will find all sorts of events to meet people and dance under our events section. Our events reporter, Simpsca, does an awesome job of keeping everything up to date. When are you planning to be down next?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area Empty Re: Looking for place to meet people in Chapala area

Post by cagneykitty Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:35 pm

thanks for answering me.
Hopefully will be down in august if not a little sooner. Have a trip planned for a visit to England in May to see my daughter that is stationed there then have to catchup with work and get things set up so I can spend at least a month in Chapala. I do income taxes returns for a living so have to be here for that till mid April and a little bookkeeping that is travel friendly.
I will check out the event section for sure.
have to go mow the acreage right now while there is a lull in the rain we have finally gotten here. My place is still suffering from neglect from my last month long visit to chapala in December...lol
cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Cagneykitty:

Don´t worry about meeting people around Lakeside. Just drive down here in an RV, park in Roca Azul, put a case of Corona on ice and light a BBQ fire. Place some hamburger patties on one of those TV trays, sit in yoiur chaise lounge and wait for the flies to come to the honey. You will be fending off "friends" before 8:00PM and locking your RV doors and driving out of here before dawn in a frenzied escape attempt.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by cagneykitty Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't have a RV, though I do have a camper on my little truck. Problem is getting it down there without having to drive alone through the country. I am pretty brave at times but not that brave.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
by the way, your hound dog looks like a sweetheart.... Very Happy
Plus not sure where you are the RV park is..... lol!
cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Don't listen to him. He is a Bad Dawg (like it says under the picture) and his avatar is actually my dog. He would probably BBQ a cute little dog like that......hahahaha.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Very easy to meet people down here. Lots of dancing. Go for learning
the Tango or Salsa dancing. Too many friends down here to maintain
the friendship. A delightful problem to have in my opinion.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Humbleclectic Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 pm

All the TEXAS folks and more meet up once a month on the 3rd Thursday of every month...Meet all the people in one place. We are from Houston. Did you say Polka?
Humbleclectic
Humbleclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by cagneykitty Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I can do basic polka but only because I only know a few that do it. I am right down the road towards Galveston myself... I hope to be coming to Chapala towards mid summer and will definetly find yall if you tell me where to go. I only know a couple of people down there now but looking forward to meeting more. Very Happy My main problem is depending on how I get down there, will determine what kind of transportation I have. Daytime travel around town no problem, night time might be kinda tricky....lol
cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:42 pm

There is a group that meets in Chapala on Tuesday evenings at a lady's house, to dance Cumbia and Salza. The group has two Mexican teachers, a couple. I can pm you the email address if you are interested in that group. I love to dance too. If you like swing, you would like Cumbia.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cagneykitty Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 pm

that would be wonderful. Very Happy And I love all the swing dances and am very interested in learning both of those dances too. Like I said in prior messages, I am not going to be able to come down till late summer probably due to all the committments I have going here but will keep in touch with the web-site for any communications.
Thank you very much for the information and hopefully will be able to find transportation (if I have to fly down) to get to the lady's house.
Once again thanks for all the info I have gotten from my misplaced posting...lol
cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 am

CanuckBob wrote:Don't listen to him. He is a Bad Dawg (like it says under the picture) and his avatar is actually my dog. He would probably BBQ a cute little dog like that......hahahaha.

You mean the Dawg is a dawg napper?

lol!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by cagneykitty Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am

or he naps with dawgs.... lol!
cagneykitty
cagneykitty

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Uh.....I think that would be me... Very Happy

cagneykitty wrote:or he naps with dawgs.... lol!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Don't listen to him. He is a Bad Dawg (like it says under the picture) and his avatar is actually my dog. He would probably BBQ a cute little dog like that......hahahaha.

You mean the Dawg is a dawg napper?

lol!

No, I gave Mr. Dawg the picture of Diego to use as his avatar.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down