INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns

+6
hound dog
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
raqueteer
CheenaGringo
simpsca
10 posters

Go down

Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns Empty Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns

Post by simpsca Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Burglars enter Costco near Gallerias today - break jewelry case with their guns and take the contents of the jewelry case. The robbers fled by motorcycle. link: http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/fbcd660be8c1b78f6448bb89577ff638
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns Empty Re: Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:16 pm

The following translation is a classic with the use of: Booty Thieves:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjalisco.milenio.com%2Fcdb%2Fdoc%2Fnoticias2011%2Ffbcd660be8c1b78f6448bb89577ff638

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns Empty Re: Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Not again.

excerpt:

Two booty thieves obtain large department store

End of excerpt.

Good grief.

No one was injured BTW.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:32 am

What puzzles me is where were their security guards? Every time we've been there, there's been at least two of them towards the front of the store and very well armed.

We stopped going to Galerias because of the crowds and because the food court is outside. Lopez Mateos is a more modern store, easier to park too.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:12 am

The article said the robbers came in like normal customers - probably guns hidden. Then went to the jewelry counter. I don't remember if the guards carry guns or know how to use them if they do.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 am

Probably best that they don't have guns. Last thing needed is a shoot-out in a crowed store........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 am

A little off topic - I used to work for a bank in NYC and the guards carried guns. But there was a robbery or burglary - bad guys had guns - and in the excitement one of the guards shot a bank customer. After that no guards carried guns in that bank. So yes, best they do not gave guns.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 am

simpsca wrote:A little off topic - I used to work for a bank in NYC and the guards carried guns. But there was a robbery or burglary - bad guys had guns - and in the excitement one of the guards shot a bank customer. After that no guards carried guns in that bank. So yes, best they do not gave guns.

Dawg ran a commercial loan department at a Barclays Bank of California branch in incredibly dangerous Downtown Oakland, California for years. A damn scary place which was held up by trigger-happy armed genmen on several occasions. We not only had no guards but would not have even considered armed guards. Our alarm system was silent and if we called the Oakland cops, they never rushed into the bank to confront the robbers because of the almost certainty that that would result in bloodshed and/or kidnappings.

After years as a banker in offices open to the public in Oakland and San Francisco and experiencing numerous near-death episodes with violent criminals, I am highy amused that expats around here think they can escape the violence here by moving to the U.S. In your dreams, fuzzbucket.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Crowed Store ????

I know I know, just couldn't resist, CB
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:04 pm

I didn't realize that Costco had Jewelery worth stealing... Burglars rob Costco of jewelry today using guns 87465
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Stone the crows!

Naturally, when things get strange and dangerous, the thought of leaving the fray behind is in many minds. Then a combination of memory and judgment may take over. To wit: the most violent place I've ever lived was a (now gentrified) tiny town ...more of a wide space in the road...in CA.

Amidst the grapevines and apple orchards, the local bar had regular shootings/stabbings, the natives were trigger happy and my nearest neighbor held cockfights on Friday night that usually produced their own share of violence. These folks weren't immigrants from some other culture. They were genuine white folks for generations: rudely referred to as "Rednecks" on occasion. Everybody had a gun of some sort. On the surface, it looked like a haven for city folks, like me, who got a rude awakening. Was it ever!

Later, it become meth country as well, so figure how that helped the situation.

Point being: where in hell would we go for "safety" that wouldn't result in dying of boredom first?
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Well Costco jewelry looks like it is worth stealing but someone mentioned that the good stuff is is storage and this was just cubic zircona - I wouldn't know the difference.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 pm

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|108|4912|20635&N=4025144&pos=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=75605&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&ec=BC-EC38261-Cat4912&topnav=

Take a look at the above link. Definitely not your low end junk!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 pm

simpsca wrote:Well Costco jewelry looks like it is worth stealing but someone mentioned that the good stuff is is storage and this was just cubic zircona - I wouldn't know the difference.
Your'e right, the big diamond rings in the 300000 to 500000 peso price range in the display case are cubic zirconia,the real ones are in the vault,I don't know about the other stuff.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Hmm, I wonder if these will be for sale at the back door of the LCS shortly.

Surte
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:07 pm

gringal wrote:Stone the crows!

Naturally, when things get strange and dangerous, the thought of leaving the fray behind is in many minds. Then a combination of memory and judgment may take over. To wit: the most violent place I've ever lived was a (now gentrified) tiny town ...more of a wide space in the road...in CA.

Amidst the grapevines and apple orchards, the local bar had regular shootings/stabbings, the natives were trigger happy and my nearest neighbor held cockfights on Friday night that usually produced their own share of violence. These folks weren't immigrants from some other culture. They were genuine white folks for generations: rudely referred to as "Rednecks" on occasion. Everybody had a gun of some sort. On the surface, it looked like a haven for city folks, like me, who got a rude awakening. Was it ever!

Later, it become meth country as well, so figure how that helped the situation.

Point being: where in hell would we go for "safety" that wouldn't result in dying of boredom first?

Gringal:

Dawg wants you to know that your semi-eloquent discourse on living in Trailer Park California was not lost on all so, thank you for identifying the redneck enclave of Northern California and Dawg knows of which town you speak having abided there himself at one time in a former life. This reminds me of how excrutiatingly depressing it can be to read t read the supposed histories of those peering from self-imposed closets with no notion of the complexities of what they observe through the peephole. There is no happy ending to any life unless one cherishes death.

flag waver
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Costco was robbed. Whos fault is it that they don't have guards? Easy answer. I'm sure they have insurance. Another boring subject.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down