INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite

5 posters

Go down

Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite  Empty Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite

Post by sm1mex Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:46 pm

My marble bathroom counter top finish is toast. Who can replace it with granite?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Gamina and sm1mex dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite  Empty Re: Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite

Post by Gamina Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:34 am

Quartz is a much better option as it can take water spills and doesn't stain with anything.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite  Empty Re: Recommendation to replace marble bathroom countertop with granite

Post by DaveP Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:59 pm

https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/post/2021/01/09/should-i-use-granite-or-marble-countertops-for-my-kitchen.aspx
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:26 pm

I'm with Gamina on Quartz. Both marble and granite need maintenance and constant attention. Quartz does not.
"Quartz countertops are virtually maintenance-free, making caring for them a breeze. Quartz is a non-porous material and doesn’t harbor germs, so daily clean up requires only a soft sponge and warm water. For stubborn messes, add a little dish soap or gentle liquid cleanser. Quartz is heat resistant and resists stains and etching, and unlike natural stone that needs regular sealing, there’s no long-term maintenance required with quartz."
https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/post/2016/09/23/current-obsessions-high-octane-countertops.aspx
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:57 pm

My marble has become blemished mainly because of cleaning ladies spraying windex above them to clean the mirror and spray settling on the marble or sitting down bottles of cleaners that have leaked down and eat the finish off of the marble. I don’t know if quarts can withstand cleaning products dripping down or sitting a wet cleaning product on it.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:56 pm

As ferret posted, quartz is non-porous. Therefore isn't going to absorb liquids. Granite stains easily- my daughter bought a house with a nice big kitchen and granite counters- the granite was stained and nothing would remove it.

Aside from that, you can tell your cleaners what you don't want them to do, like drip or set cleaning products on your counters. Most people I know have had to "train" their cleaners to do things the way the homeowner wants. Like they don't need to dump a quarter of a bottle of Fabuloso in a pail of water to wash the floor. :-) And most of my upholstery clients have told me they have forbidden their cleaners from using bleach, because they somehow manage to splash it everywhere, getting bleach stains on everything.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:11 pm

Agree with mudgirl. Hide the bleach AND ANY harsh chemicals like muriatic acid. I had to forbid a lot of things because I react to them personally. You can get hard water stains off your toilet using fine black sandpaper and water. Better for the septic system as well.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:16 am

Good info. I have asked cleaners to not get products on the marble but over the years it has occurred. Will look into quartz.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down