INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roof repair is going to bankrupt me

+3
CanuckBob
ferret
Carry Bean
7 posters

Go down

Roof repair is going to bankrupt me Empty Roof repair is going to bankrupt me

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:19 pm

Had a guy come to check my roof. He took pics and besides a jungle growing up there, the last repair guy did a horrible job. He said it would cost 48000 pesos to fix it right and would last 3-4 years. This sounds outrageous to me. He says they’re also doing a shingle style that the heat somehow which sticks it down and it’s guaranteed
For 10 years. Cost is 98000 which is insane.

This guy is Rick Hernandez, CRE & E Roofing and Construction. Know any honest roof guys who could give me an estimate?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Roof repair is going to bankrupt me Empty Re: Roof repair is going to bankrupt me

Post by ferret Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:27 pm

JP Home Services. Talk to Juan Pablo.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Roof repair is going to bankrupt me Empty Re: Roof repair is going to bankrupt me

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Ena’s contractor she has used for years is coming at 5:00. If he’s a no go I’ll call Juan Pablo. Gracias!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:37 pm

Find a company from Guadalajara. The local construction guys have gone crazy with what they are charging around here. Almost the same prices as Canada in some cases........time to boycott.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Carry Bean and Spot like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:38 pm

The contractor guy called and will come tomorrow around noon plus another friend has a good guy she has used for years that did a great job on her salitre so I’ll call him for that. He had fixed a friend’s roof 3 years ago for 10,000 and it’s still fine (would cost more now) so if the contractor is too pricey I’ll check with him.

CBob, I agree some of these guys are charging insane prices. I’ll see what these guys quote me.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Spot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:15 pm

Yes please get another or more quotes, this price is way too high!!

Spot
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:18 pm

Spot, I definitely am. It’s especially high for a one story 2 bedroom house.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:44 pm

It pays to get more than one quote on anything. When I wanted stairs to get up to my roof, the prices ranged from 24,000 down to 10,000 pesos. And JP Home Services had the highest price but I've used them for a lot of things in the past and been happy. I didn't contract with them for the stairs. I think I would trust Ena's guy with this. She's smart and knowledgeable.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:01 pm

It is also more economical to just get a quote for the labor, and a list of materials needed. If you buy the materials yourself, it's usually much less than what a builder will quote, as they usually add on a percentage. Most building supply places, if local, will have free delivery, but of course if the builder has to go pick it up, one would expect to pay for his gas and time to do so.

Roof leaks can be really difficult to repair properly if there isn't obvious damage to the roof, as water runs to the lowest point and where it is dripping may in fact be nowhere near where it is leaking in.

A friend in Canada had water leaking somehow onto her bedroom ceiling, which was on the first floor of a 2 story house. She had several qualified roofers try to find out where it was leaking from and repair it, but in the end, the only thing that solved the problem was a whole new roof.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:28 am

Carry, did you find a reasonable company to repair your roof?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:14 pm

This s the quote from an excellent friend who warned me he’s expensive but worth it if f I can figure out how to post a picture. Hang on.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:17 pm

Roof repair is going to bankrupt me Img_2310

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:18 pm

No idea why so many pics showed up.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:22 pm

He showed me pictures of the whole roof and it was scary. Cracks all over and obviously previous guys did the minimum in patching.  I won’t have to think about the roof ever again.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:58 pm

Are you still getting quotes?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:45 pm

I sure hope she is. I would also like to ask the last time that the roof was done. The roof should be checked for damage at least once a year.
One glaring error in the quote is that the product being used is not stated. Fester has different quality of products... but I now use PASA products on the recommendation of a friend. THICK stuff. PASA is located just east of Casa de Plomero... I wonder if they just sell products or have installers as well?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:21 pm

I’ll ask but he’s doing the whole roof.  I wish I had copies of the pics he took. I couldn’t believe how bad it was for a 13 year old house. Obviously the previous patchers knew I would never get up there to see for myself and they were right but he stands by his work and I will get pics of the finished job. Last time was 2 years ago. What I saw was way worse than any 2 years. He has done a ton of work for my friend who is picky.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:09 am

If it is as bad as you think then this is probably a reasonable quote. I like the way he broke down every aspect of the job with a price.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:26 am

Yes, and since the first quote I posted in the OP was so high, that guy was more likely talking about how bad the roof was but this one specified what he was going to do and the other one didn’t. I’ll talk to him again but I do want “after” pictures.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am

Carry Bean wrote:This s the quote from an excellent friend who warned me he’s expensive but worth it if f I can figure out how to post a picture. Hang on.

Efrén completely remodeled our home two years ago, and we continue to use him for occasional improvements. My wife and I can't speak highly enough of him and his crew. He's not the cheapest, but his work is first-class, and he stands by it. Efrén has an excellent eye for detail and will make recommendations to improve the quality/style of any project. Do take advantage of it!

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, Giovanna, ferret and SunFan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:37 am

Thanks so much, dvinton. That’s reassuring.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:19 pm

How did your roof turn out? Who did you end up using?
TIA

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down