INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested

+5
caligirl108
BisbeeGal
CanuckBob
ferret
Jubilacion
9 posters

Go down

Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested Empty Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested

Post by Jubilacion Thu May 18, 2023 9:26 am

We're purchasing a used (new to us) MX plated car. I know this site as Insuance sponsors but I'd prefer actual user recommendations from the Inside Lakeside members.

1.) Who do you recommend as a top Lakeside Insurance Agency?

2.) Which Insurer can you recommend... HDI, Qualitas, Chubb, etc..

Muchas gracias!

flag waver

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested Empty Re: Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested

Post by ferret Thu May 18, 2023 9:36 am

I (we) have had HDI from Lloyd for 27 years in three different states. One accident in Sayulita, Nayarit and had no problems getting car fixed. We were not at fault nor was anyone seriously injured.
edited to add: make sure you get rental car coverage. We were without the above car for a month because the accident happened on December 21st, 2007... aka holiday season. A rental car cost us 25,000 pesos for that time frame... little choice of vehicle and holiday rates.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested Empty Re: Best Auto Insurance Lakeside - Help Requested

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 18, 2023 12:47 pm

I use either HDI or Qualitis. All brokers will give you two or three options. I haven't needed either but have friends who have used both and no problems I am aware of.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 19, 2023 10:42 am

S&S Auto is insurance broker. They will give multiple quotes and explain coverage. We are with Qualitas; never had a claim.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Fri May 19, 2023 9:33 pm

MX commercial insurance guy once told me Qualitas was best, so have had it 5 years, MX & US plated cars.  Bellon, S&S & TioCorp offer Qualitas. TioCorp quoted lowest price for same policy. No claims for me, but do see the turquoise Qualitas car arrive promptly w local accidents. One thing to know is if you do have damage from an accident, car has to be taken to Guad for adjuster & repair. People on many blogs complain bitterly abut this (delays in repairs for parts, no updates, no english, etc.)  Many stories of using local bodyshop & paying directly, to have car back in <week.  As of last fall Qualitas will not pay full repair amount unless their Guad shop does it.  TioCorp *said* they were working trying to work something out, due to older clientele here.  Good question to ask. Meanwhile, add the rental car option, especially if you drive in Guad!

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and Jubilacion like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat May 20, 2023 9:28 am

I’m with Buster. Just renewed my Qualitas with S&S but have never had to make a claim.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:34 pm

i'd like to say that the "son" at Bellon" worked hard to explain to me that HDI had decided to reduce the pay to fix a car that I collided with because the car had been imported into mexico. I personally took trips to hdi in gdl to discuss their decision. Finally somehow they got the car fixed. I immediately cancelled the HDI. Bellon cancelled me because I argued with the "son"...... Who argued with me rather than arguing with HDI on my behalf.

He didn't offer assistance to explain to them that the car was legally in Mexico, or that a comment might be entered in a public place like this.

I wonder if his dad still lets him be his representative at the bellon store.

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:19 pm

The son is as worthless as tits on a frog. Customer service at Bellon has plummeted in the last couple years.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:55 am

I’ve always had excellent customer service at Bellons. Especially when I was very ill and they came to the hospital everyday to check on me and handled all of the insurance with the hospital for direct payment approval.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:10 pm

André soaked me for $5000 USD due to an error on his part when he told me that I would be reimbursed by GNP if I provided a factura for
a prescription. But it does not work that way. The prescription goes to the GNP and then GNP sends the medicine to André. He should have known that. He did not take one peso out of his pocket. YMMV
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:56 pm

I submit facturas and the reimbursement to me goes directly into my bank direct deposit. I don’t know what happened above.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:41 pm

I suspect that GNP has a tier pricing system and expensive medications such as cancer drugs $120,000 MXN for 30 day supply results in a different supply protocol so GNP can negotiate for better pricing.  Cheaper drugs were reimbursed with facturas provided by myself.  André just screwed up and I paid up.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down