INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movers?

+2
Carry Bean
kip
6 posters

Go down

Movers? Empty Movers?

Post by kip Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:58 am

Has anyone done the move (with all their stuff) Stateside to Ajijic?  Who did you use?

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Movers? Empty Re: Movers?

Post by Carry Bean Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:54 pm

Strom White coordinated my move from the Virgin Islands to here in 2010. I didn’t move furniture but lots of personal stuff, dishes, art, etc. which by the time it was all boxed up amounted to more stuff than I thought. This was 2010 and it cost me $6,000.00 USD to come over sea and land. All in perfect condition.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Movers? Empty Strom White

Post by kip Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:59 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Strom White coordinated my move from the Virgin Islands to here in 2010.  I didn’t move furniture but lots of personal stuff, dishes, art, etc. which by the time it was all boxed up amounted to more stuff than I thought. This was 2010 and it cost me $6,000.00 USD to come over sea and land. All in perfect condition.

Thanks Carry... do you have their email address?

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:02 pm

There’s a contact us button on their site.

https://stromwhitemovers.com/

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:44 am

Carry Bean wrote:There’s a contact us button on their site.

https://stromwhitemovers.com/

After giving it thought.... you're right... keep it simple. No furniture....

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:18 pm

If you have comfortable furniture BRING It! Furniture here is a crap shoot... Mostly designed for visitors you don't want to stay...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canada_Mike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:04 am

Excellent and comfortable leather sofas, recliners, chairs at Furniture for Less in SAT, near OXXO, Vicky's.  Used to be called C&D.  They carry Palliser a quality Canadian brand.  You can customize the firmness/softness of cushions, choose from several designs and various quality levels of leather in a beautiful array of colors.  Bought our first sofa there in 2008 and another one in 2017.  

We also have leather recliners that aren't butt ugly, from UOU on the carretera in Ajijic, though their inventory changes rapidly.  These same recliners were sold at Costco USA and are sturdy, comfortable and good looking (not that overstuffed crap).  Look like club chairs when not reclined.  

Also, Pottery Barn has outlets in Mexico now and you can order their furniture on line and they will deliver.

Not hard to find good quality furniture here.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:26 am

BisbeeGal wrote:Excellent and comfortable leather sofas, recliners, chairs at Furniture for Less in SAT, near OXXO, Vicky's.  Used to be called C&D.  They carry Palliser a quality Canadian brand.  You can customize the firmness/softness of cushions, choose from several designs and various quality levels of leather in a beautiful array of colors.  Bought our first sofa there in 2008 and another one in 2017.  

We also have leather recliners that aren't butt ugly, from UOU on the carretera in Ajijic, though their inventory changes rapidly.  These same recliners were sold at Costco USA and are sturdy, comfortable and good looking (not that overstuffed crap).  Look like club chairs when not reclined.  

Also, Pottery Barn has outlets in Mexico now and you can order their furniture on line and they will deliver.  

Not hard to find good quality furniture here.

Sounds good... although I really am a fan of the overstuffed crap. COMFORTABLE is the bottom line.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:04 am

Overstuffed also available. The items we bought are very comfortable as well as aesthetically pleasing to our taste and style. Being able to select firmness/softness of cushioning a big plus.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:16 am

I agree with Bisbee Gal. NOW, it's not hard to find good quality furniture that is also comfortable either here or in Guadalajara.
In 1997, when we lived in San Miguel de Allende, we had to go to Mexico City to find a cushy comfortablle love seat and sofa in leather. Bought from Tutto Pele which is also in Guadalajara. Nowadays, you can find leather sofas etc. in the second hand stores at very good prices... or cushy overstuffed cloth versions. Don't like the upholstery? Easy to customize to your hearts desire.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:44 am

We bought our Palliser leather reclining couch and chair from "Furniture 4 Less" 11 years ago and it is still like brand new. It wasn't cheap but you have to pay for quality. I'm certain these pieces will last another 11 years easily.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret, BisbeeGal and Chapalakaren like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down