INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items

3 posters

Go down

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Empty Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:28 am

I have no need to eat Gluten-Free, but tried this place for take-away as his flavor profiles appealed to me.

Was not disappointed!  

Bought 4 empanadas and they were the most tender, flaky ones I have ever had!  

Flavors: Poblano & Cheese; Greek Feta & Spinach; Chicken in Red Molé ala Veracruz; and Jamaican Beef.  They were all stellar.  

I also bought GF lasagna piece (he makes his own pasta dough) and a container of Lamb and Lentil soup.  Stashed those in the freezer for another time. Bought a slice of GF carrot and walnut cake; better than the Costco version which is what a lot of eateries offer.

There is limited seating on sidewalk and also inside.   Open Mon-Sat 9 til 5.  He is on Upper Galeana in Ajijic.  

These are his directions:

On foot from the Carretera.  Go up the hill at Oxxo. We're 3 blocks up on the right-hand side.
By car: Turn up the hill on Javier Mina at the MULTIVA and Hospital Ajijic.  Go up until you can't go up anymore.  Turn left on Lazaro Cardenas where you see a sign for "Hotel" on the left.  That's Casa Hotel de la Abuela on the other side of the street from us... Drive one block and turn left on Galeana.  We're on the left-hand side going down mid-block.

Here is his FB page https://www.facebook.com/RJGlutenFreeAjijic/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Empty Re: Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:34 am

Heated up the Lamb and Lentil stew.  Not for sissies!  Strong flavor and great spice/heat level.  We really liked it and glad he doesn't dumb-down his flavors.  

I didn't ask the flavor or style when I bought it, but my guess is that it was North African/Moroccan profile.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Empty Re: Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:34 am

Returned for more empanadas (they freeze well) and spotted cupcakes...all sorts of flavors.

Here's the Chocolate-Peanut Butter one,

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Choco_10
Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Choco_11
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:46 am

OMG! Peanut butter and chocolate. My fave!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:26 pm

I’ve seen pictures he posts on Facebook and I was impressed, especially for being GF.

Ferret, I’m currently eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Charmed Life and no, I don’t share.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:29 pm

These are the empanadas I bought.  

Turkey Molé
Greek with Feta/spinach
Poblano/cheese
Veggie
Jamaican beef
and I forget the other.....

Gluten-Free Place With Amazing Items Emps10
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down