INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish to English translation driving laws

3 posters

Go down

Spanish to English translation driving laws Empty Spanish to English translation driving laws

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Here is a link to Spencer's translations:

http://www.intercasafs.com/Driving.pdf
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Spanish to English translation driving laws Empty Re: Spanish to English translation driving laws

Post by Intercasa Sat May 08, 2010 6:45 pm

The state law changed this year, I don't have time for an official update but here are the changes:

Article 164 adds section XXII which deals with motorcycle drivers who don't drive in their lane.

Article 166 BIS - Added this year adds a fine of 200 to 400 days minimum wage for invading public transportation lanes. I had alluded to this in my guide but now it is official so watch out and don't get anywhere near the Macrobus lane.

Article 168 BIS - Added and deals with DUI, 30 day minimum wage fine (up from 10) and those refusing a breath test will be sent to the ministerio publico and they will do a blood draw.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Spanish to English translation driving laws Empty Re: Spanish to English translation driving laws

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Intercasa wrote:The state law changed this year, I don't have time for an official update but here are the changes:
Article 168 BIS - Added and deals with DUI, 30 day minimum wage fine (up from 10) and those refusing a breath test will be sent to the ministerio publico and they will do a blood draw.

Tell me, Spencer, what is the technical standard defining DUI in Mexico and is it a national standard? Is it not true that, whatever that standard may be, it may be considered somewhat flexible based upon the amount of the "little bite" the miscreant has to offer the arresting officers whether they be local or state or federal authorities or a combination af all three?

I am reminded once again of the great French movie Les Ripoux from the 1960s when a seasoned and crooked cop in Paris was assigned a new partner who was a young, innocent rookie and, on his first day on the beat, the rookie caught a purse snatcher in the act, arrested him and returned to the pricinct station with both the criminal and the victim in tow proudly announcing to his new partner that he had arrested a purse snatcher on his first outing on the job. His senior partner responded by thanking the purse snatcher for performing his civic duty and returning the purse to its rightful owner and dismissing both the victim and the purse snatcher from the pricinct station. He then turned to his novice partner and stated, "You fool, what is your problem? Don´t you know that the new public safety director for this pricinct has declared that he will drastically reduce crime in the area and here you are arresting this fine gentleman and making the new director look the fool??? What is wrong with you?

razberry
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

DUI laws here are state by state. Jalisco just lowered their limit to catch more people - keep more drunks off the road.

Here is the law and amountsÑ

De 0.50 a 80 miligramos de alcohol por 100 mililitros de sangre, o de 0.25 mililitros a 0.40 miligramos de alcohol por litro de aire espirado; o bajo el influjo de estupefacientes o psicotrópicos.
81 a 130 miligramos de alcohol por 100 mililitros de sangre o de 0.41 a 0.65 miligramos de alcohol por litro de aire espirado;
Para la medida de seguridad:
81 a 130 miligramos de alcohol por 100 mililitros de sangre ó 0.41 a 0.65 miligramos de alcohol por litro de aire espirado;
Siempre que el infractor no designe otro conductor auxiliar como responsable de la conducción.
Más de 130 miligramos de alcohol por 100 mililitros de sangre o más de 0.65 miligramos de alcohol por litro de aire espirado, conductor y vehículo serán puestos a disposición del Ministerio Público.

There will always be bribes, someone I know got caught in Guadalajara and paid a $2,000 peso bribe and was on their way. Technically the way the law currently is you can refuse to take the test ad they will have nothing on you. The legislature is looking to change that and make a rebuttable presumption that failure to take the test means you are in violation.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Due to overwhelming demand and the need to educate people on traffic laws, their rights and responsibilities as well as fines and amounts, I have updated my Jalisco Traffic Guide so it is current as of October 19, 2018. Please feel free to read it and download it and let me know if there is anything that should be added / deleted / corrected, etc.

Happy Driving!

2018 Jalisco Traffic Law Guide
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down