INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Trafficking

2 posters

Go down

Human Trafficking  Empty Human Trafficking

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 pm

Human Trafficking

The world is not what is once was for our children and daily it seems as if the dangers grow.  Dangers are not limited to children although they are some of the most vulnerable.  

Human Trafficking is an issue worldwide and unfortunately sex trafficking is an issue in our area.  In the State of Jalisco 3 hotbeds of sex trafficking are Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara and Chapala, yes, Lake Chapala.  

US Citizens who are sex tourists or who commit sex trafficking are not beyond the reach of the United States authorities just because they are in Mexico.  US Homeland Security Investigations is investigating American Citizens involved in wrongdoing.  US Citizens may be convicted and deported if committing illegal acts.  You may make an anonymous tip to the tipline 1-866-347-2423 or scan the QR code on the lower left of the photo if you see suspicious behavior such as an older person grooming young children and having them over even though they are not related and the parents are not present.  

There are reports of orphanages who rent out children and parents who knowingly rent out their children.  Please stop this and report it.  Others report older foreigners buying little kids clothes and gifts like underwear. Be alert, be aware and we can stop this harmful practice.  The US government is able to help and move things where the local authorities may be untrained to handle many situations.  

Human Trafficking  Homela10
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

CanuckBob, Carry Bean, granbo, Flamingo, kiko and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Human Trafficking  Empty Re: Human Trafficking

Post by mudgirl Thu May 05, 2022 8:50 pm

Way back almost 50 years ago when I was a young hippie travelling around Mexico with my 1 and a half year old daughter, I was in a laundromat somewhere, I can't even remember what part of Mexico it was, and after transferring my clothes from the washer to the dryer, I turned around and my daughter was gone. She was standing right next to me literally 15 seconds before.

Of course I freaked, ran out on the street, didn't see her, called her name. My heart was in my throat- I had read stories about white babies being kidnapped and sold in Mexico. Then I see, halfway down the block, a Mexican woman holding her, standing and talking to what was obviously her friend, or sister, whatever, both of them fussing over her as Mexican moms do. I realized the woman holding her was the woman who ran the laundromat- she had just thought the American hippie's little baby was so cute and had picked her up to show off to her friend. It was all quite innocent, but I couldn't believe she never considered how frantic I would be. And when she saw that I was, she apologized.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, gringal, kiko and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down