INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center

+4
artsnob
gringal
Carry Bean
BisbeeGal
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Empty Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:52 pm

In case you missed it, there was/is a food phenom in the US called,
THE CHICKEN SANDWICH WARS

During a trip north in 2020 we tried Popeye's version and quickly understood the obsession.  

Tried the Chicken Sandwich today at this new place above the Ajijic Plaza.  Huge breast with a crisp batter on a buttered and toasted bun (that did not fall apart), topped with equally crispy onion rings.  Comes with cheese, some pepperoni, lettuce, tomato.  A huge and satisfying sandwich worthy of a conflict.  130p comes with fries or potato wedges.

Also got their Eggs Benedict; I'll give it 2nd place to Cocinart's, but 4 Staciones offers hash browns on the side....mmmm, crispy outside, tender inside, good dark color.  110p

Now for the terrible news: no vino!  Open from 8 till 4; sat on their balcony at high noon with no sun issues.  Nice view over the plaza and the colorful umbrellas.  

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Chicke12

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Benedi11

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Plaza10
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and Canada_Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Empty Re: Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:30 pm

I assume those are the diet plates? 😬 I’ve always wondered why Ore-Ida frozen hash browns in the patty form can’t seem to be brought here.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center Empty Re: Cafe' 4 Staciones in Ajijic Cultural Center

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:06 pm

Ha ha...diet Very Happy

As the saying goes, that picture of the Chicken Sandwich is worth a thousand words calories.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:11 pm

Sure looks good though!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:35 pm

I'm trying to figure out how one could actually EAT that "sandwich".  I know I'd have to reduce it to pieces that would go in my mouth!!  Looks good, though, as do the eggs Benedict.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:10 pm

Unfortunately there are three steep flights of stairs to get to this place, not easy for Senior Citizen...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:00 am

artsnob wrote:Unfortunately there are three steep flights of stairs to get to this place, not easy for Senior Citizen...

Three? Yep. That does eliminate that sandwich!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:06 am

They have to put in three flights of stairs to help work off that chicken sandwich. My arteries started hardening just looking at the photo.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:41 am

It's on the 2nd floor....stairs are wide and deep, with handrails. Split into sections with landings (maybe 2, maybe 3). Not steep, maybe that's the reason behind the design??

My guess, maybe 15-20 steps in total?? Didn't count them.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:47 am

To put it bluntly, I don't think it's worth the effort to master the stairway in order to get food that's way off the chart for "unhealthy" eating.  There are plenty of restaurants with easy access and healthy food options.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:27 pm

there are 33 steep steps

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:22 am

Unfortunately, not every restaurant/business can cater to the seniors/disabled..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Lady Otter Latté and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:34 am

Considering how many places are not difficult to access, there is no reason to patronize the others. However, when someone on here does a restaurant review, it is useful when the ease or difficulty of accessing it is mentioned.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:53 pm

CanuckBob wrote:not every restaurant/business can cater to the seniors/disabled..........

Exactly. The notion that all businesses need to cater to everyone is odd. And certainly not all seniors have mobility issues, either. I'm 72 and knock on wood, I don't have any issues with stairs, although I do remind myself to always hold onto the railing, as broken bones don't heal so fast at this age.

I also don't see anything particularly "unhealthy" about that meal, as gringal classified it. Not everyone has to watch their weight or has high cholesterol issues, etc. It's not something I would eat on a daily basis, but looks good to me for an occasional meal out.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:18 am

If that sandwich can't be called "unhealthy", then what can?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:27 am

90% of my diet is seafood or veg.  I eat 2 or 3 unhealthy items a month, on average.  

I'm a senior, too.  Will hit the big Seven Oh this year.  I still average 7+ miles a week walking around town, keep my weight down (size 8), have low cholesterol and low blood pressure, take no prescription meds.  

It's OK to treat yourself once in awhile!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:45 am

Yes, it's okay to treat yourself once in a while.
BTW, ComputerGuy would have loved that sandwich. Unfortunately, he liked to eat that kind of food regularly.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:37 am

I remember CG's posts about food. I'll miss him.

My idea of a "treat" is the Caesar salad with shrimp at El Ancla. Delicious.

But...we're all different, and that's okay.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:56 pm

The chicken sandwich looks interesting but I agree there's no way to get your mouth around that thing and I hate to cut sandwiches into pieces. The fries looked interesting until I noticed they were coated with some spice. Why can't people just fry and salt the fries and let them be. I hate it when they ruin the natural flavor.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:35 pm

rafterbr wrote:  Why can't people just fry and salt the fries and let them be.

I actually wish someone would hide the saltshaker from kitchen staff. One reason I seldom go out to eat is that most restaurant food is way too salty for my taste. There's salt shakers on the table- let customers salt to individual taste.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:45 pm

ferret wrote:
BTW, ComputerGuy would have loved that sandwich. Unfortunately, he liked to eat that kind of food regularly.

Never knew him personally, but I read a lot of his restaurant reviews. Seemed like he just really enjoyed eating, period :-)

I suspect my grandfather, who died of a heart attack at age 65, and was also a diabetic, would have lived longer had it not been for my grandmother's delicious European Jewish cooking- lots of chicken fat and buttery struedels.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:50 pm

Luckily or unluckily, on both sides of my family we seem to die from vices like cirrhosis (that one should miss me as I quit drinking 48 years ago) but quitting smoking in 2006 wasn’t soon enough although I’m doing well with the emphysema I have but no oxygen needed yet.

Grandpa on Mom’s side died of cirrhosis (Irish cop who made his own home brew.)
Father and sister died of emphysema. Others died of cancer. None from heart or diet related issues that I know of. I would do poorly on a “healthy” diet. Ok if you enjoy it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:34 pm

It's all in the genes. I have friends who ate in a healthy manner, didn't drink and exercised with passion. Many of them have died.
It's life. Live it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, rckrckr and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:23 pm

ferret wrote:It's all in the genes.

Exactly. I have a friend who is my age, a retired doctor, who was constantly on my case about my smoking. He was super active, a surfer, ate well, wasn't a drinker. He had a stroke 3 years ago. He's still with us, but definitely at diminished capacity.

I'm super healthy- my brother, who is 2 years younger than me, has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's and has suffered from psoriasis all his adult life.

We both grew up eating the same food, have similar eating habits as adults, neither of us are drinkers, and he has never been a smoker. I take after my dad, who lived to 92 and never had any sort of serious medical issues and would have likely lived to at least 100 had he not had a nasty fall, and my brother takes after my mom, who had a lot of medical issues.

None of which is to say that someone who lives on McDonald's "food", smokes and drinks is probably not going to live as long or be as healthy as someone who eats well and doesn't have unhealthy habits, but there's more to it than that.

I remember reading an interview about 30 years ago with what was then the oldest man in Canada, over 100. He lived on canned beans and toast and coffee, said he'd quit smoking at the age of 98, because everyone told him he should, but started again a year later.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:53 am

I used to think it was 'all in the genes.'  My mother lived to 92, her sister also to 92 and her brother lived past age 100.  

Then last year both my brothers died, one at age 80, the other was 73. Both lived relatively healthy lifestyles, physically active their entire lives, not overweight.

I now think it's luck of the draw.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next