INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection...

+5
CanuckBob
gringal
slainte39
ferret
ComputerGuy
9 posters

Go down

Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection... Empty Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection...

Post by ComputerGuy Thu May 06, 2021 10:32 am

... according to the Director of Chapala Movilidad, Geraldo Bautista Mejía (and everyone else, I think):

http://semanariolaguna.com/57680/?fbclid=IwAR2cWbEL6WV8BuuDyzplJ4bhlK8QRtgVaAG90ZJZrdzxjer07dz5LW0QPHM

Several things bother me about this, apart from the obvious: "No input" from the municipality to start; He "keeps inviting" the mayor, who doesn't show up. And it's "Run by SIOP, not me, until it's finished". Wha...? I've seen so little from this over-promised Mayor.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection... Empty Re: Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection...

Post by ferret Thu May 06, 2021 12:06 pm

Worst intersection that I've ever seen. Too many exits, too many entrances, too many uncoordinated lights and too many impatient drivers. I hope it's fixable.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection... Empty Re: Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection...

Post by slainte39 Thu May 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Not me.
I must be as "goofy" as the lights then as it works fine for me.
I go through that intersection at least 6 times a day and all I do is follow the instructions of the lights. What is so difficult about that?  The lights give some order to a heavily used intersection that would be total mayhem without them. There is so much traffic converging at one spot and with the adjacent business and commercial areas, you just need to be patient, wait your turn and for me it isn´t a problem.
After all, it isn´t a 4 lane super highway and the Chapala area isn´t Oklahoma City with streets wider than a whole city block here.

My kudos to the engineers that made an impossible situations doable.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, benjji and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 07, 2021 7:09 am

Like Slainte, I have few problems with that intersection, with one exception: Coming down the main road going south, the lane that exits to the right can get messy if those at the head of the line are confused as to when they can or can't proceed and just won't move at all. I also wish they had put in a truck "escape" place along the highway going dowhill. I hate to think of what would happen with failed truck brakes resulting in one landing in the crowded Walmart parking lot.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 am

It's ludicrous that there is an entire city block of lateral fronting the parking lot with restricted access, being used as a super bus lane, while traffic in La Floresta, already horrible, now needs to be used for U turns so people can come back from their eastern trajectory to turn into the one available entrance.

It is also unintelligible that the eastern-most lights are set up only for people leaving WalMart to take a left/west exit, when it could so easily be used to allow traffic to enter from the east. That particular light adds more to the congestion than is reasonable: I want to turn in, yet I have to sit there in backed-up traffic and wait for the light to change, so I can get to the next three lights and wait again to get through so I can pull a U turn.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 am

The other way for people coming from the east to get into Walmart, is to go to the right on the lateral in front of HSBC, turn right again up into the Laguna Mall parking lot, then exit the parking lot onto the libramiento and make sure you get into the far right hand lane, then exit the libramiento going east and wait at the light to get into the Walmart parking lot. Either way, it's a dog's breakfast and more than ridiculous.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am

Absolutely. I didn't bother mentioning that one because it is even sillier. When traffic is busy on the libramiento, as it always is now because of this new setup (you see how one brain-damaged decision has led to the further desecration of our traffic flow), doing that move can be extremely frustrating.

Sorry, Slainte, yes I get pizzed off. I don't have your infinite patience. It has served you well in many areas of life. But if I never had to drive again, I'd be a happier man.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 am

Not having a legal way for westbound traffic (50%) to turn left into Walmart is ridiculous. Then again they spent billions (pesos) on the Macro Librimiento without having a northbound on-ramp from the Chapala/Guadalajara highway........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret, Canmex 87 and Henry1944 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 07, 2021 10:38 pm

ferret wrote:The other way for people coming from the east to get into Walmart, is to go to the right on the lateral in front of HSBC, turn right again up into the Laguna Mall parking lot, then exit the parking lot onto the libramiento and make sure you get into the far right hand lane, then exit the libramiento going east and wait at the light to get into the Walmart parking lot. Either way, it's a dog's breakfast and more than ridiculous.

Why would you get into the far right hand lane of the Libramiento if you are going to make a left hand turn going east?  Wouldn´t you get into the left lane?  I also don´t  see how that would help as the right hand turn into Walmart from the Carretera, coming from the west, is before the intersection with the Libramiento.  As I live east of Walmart, I simply make a retorno if going directly there, or do it on my way back from Ajijic and west, so that I am on the right side for the turn in.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Absolutely. I didn't bother mentioning that one because it is even sillier. When traffic is busy on the libramiento, as it always is now because of this new setup (you see how one brain-damaged decision has led to the further desecration of our traffic flow), doing that move can be extremely frustrating.

Sorry, Slainte, yes I get pizzed off. I don't have your infinite patience. It has served you well in many areas of life. But if I never had to drive again, I'd be a happier man.

I getcha my friend, would be glad to absorb some of your frustration, just send it over.....check my tool box..... Everything is wrong with the WalMart intersection... 169387

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal and ComputerGuy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 am

slainte39 wrote:
ferret wrote:The other way for people coming from the east to get into Walmart, is to go to the right on the lateral in front of HSBC, turn right again up into the Laguna Mall parking lot, then exit the parking lot onto the libramiento and make sure you get into the far right hand lane, then exit the libramiento going east and wait at the light to get into the Walmart parking lot. Either way, it's a dog's breakfast and more than ridiculous.

Why would you get into the far right hand lane of the Libramiento if you are going to make a left hand turn going east?  Wouldn´t you get into the left lane?  I also don´t  see how that would help as the right hand turn into Walmart from the Carretera, coming from the west, is before the intersection with the Libramiento.  As I live east of Walmart, I simply make a retorno if going directly there, or do it on my way back from Ajijic and west, so that I am on the right side for the turn in.

Shocked Because I'm coming FROM the east and trying to get into the Walmart parking lot. It's a MESS.
That right hand turn from the libramiento offers two options: 1) join with the carretera going west or 2) cross over the carretera and enter the Walmart parking lot on the west side of Autozone.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sturdley Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm

The Libramiento could continue straight into Walmart. Then there would be 2 main roads intersecting at right angles. This is the norm throughout the world. What is wrong with using what is normal elsewhere?

sturdley

Canmex 87 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 09, 2021 7:09 am

Also note coming down from the Liberamiento you can turn left or right without using the bypass lane. Light has left and right turn green lights.  Isn't that putting cars in conflict with the folks in the bypass lane? I just noticed that as it was the first time I was heading south on the Liberamiento.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 09, 2021 7:27 am

Guess what, all: Those who are in charge of all this aren't listening and don't care. Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

rckrckr, slainte39 and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun May 09, 2021 12:19 pm

The link I posted suggests otherwise, with any luck.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Also note coming down from the Liberamiento you can turn left or right without using the bypass lane. Light has left and right turn green lights.  Isn't that putting cars in conflict with the folks in the bypass lane? I just noticed that as it was the first time I was heading south on the Liberamiento.

No, because when you have a green arrow from the left hand lane of the Libramiento to turn right, the vehicles in the bypass lane have a red arrow.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm

gringal wrote:Guess what, all: Those who are in charge of all this aren't listening and don't care.  Dead Horse

Exactly, that is why each individual has to figure out the system as it is, and then utilize it for what it does.  That doesn´t mean that sometime in the future that it won´t be changed again.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 pm

ferret wrote:

Shocked Because I'm coming FROM the east and trying to get into the Walmart parking lot. It's a MESS.
That right hand turn from the libramiento offers two options: 1) join with the carretera going west or 2) cross over the carretera and enter the Walmart parking lot on the west side of Autozone.

I agree, but Director Bautista says in CG´s link that it is illegal to turn left onto the Carretera, to turn left onto the eastbound lateral in front of Walmart, or go directly into Walmart next to Auto Zone.  That doesn´t make sense to me and why I do a retorno, especially when there is a physical transito cop there lol! , otherwise I do what you do... sometimes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heem Sun May 09, 2021 6:48 pm

sturdley wrote:The Libramiento could continue straight into Walmart.  Then there would be 2 main roads intersecting at right angles.  This is the norm throughout the world.  What is wrong with using what is normal elsewhere?

Because this is Mexico.

Heem
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 09, 2021 7:12 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Also note coming down from the Liberamiento you can turn left or right without using the bypass lane. Light has left and right turn green lights.  Isn't that putting cars in conflict with the folks in the bypass lane? I just noticed that as it was the first time I was heading south on the Liberamiento.

No, because when you have a green arrow from the left hand lane of the Libramiento to turn right, the vehicles in the bypass lane have a red arrow.

Well that is nice but the cars that were turning right blocked the whole road and no one for two cycles of lights could turn left.  So the bypass lane was full up the road and the old road was backed up due to people turning right.  No solution here. It would be better if you could not turn right from the old road.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Geez I do not know why so many are worried about the WalMart intersection when the arrival of Sidney Powell's Kraken in Ajijic is coming soon. It has been widely reported on all of the reputable news media sites such as Fox news and Newsmax.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, slainte39 and SunFan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down