INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stinky Fridge

4 posters

Go down

Stinky Fridge Empty Stinky Fridge

Post by Dostortas Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Our fridge smells funky, kinda like sour milk.  I’ve thoroughly cleaned it from top to bottom, inside and out and put a box of baking soda on each shelf.  It still stinks.  There is no drip pan to clean.  I feel a bit funny calling the repair guy to say my fridge smells strange.  Anybody have a similar experience???

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Stinky Fridge Empty Re: Stinky Fridge

Post by CHILLIN Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Call steam clean, sorry don't have their number, but they usually advertise in Ojo de Lago. This kills (sterilizes) odor causing bacteria and can get into every tiny crevice or crack. The steam has no odor, just leaves a clean, fresh smell. It is not messy either, I think superheated steam contains only 8% water.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:51 pm

I understand that you cleaned the fridge top to bottom but did you clean the freezer as well? Spilled ice cream? Nearly every funky smell that I encounter is usually emanating from the freezer. Just a thought.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 pm

I moved into a new rental once - unseemly refrigerator smell that strong beach solution did not take away. Final conclusion was that a lizard got into it, perhaps it had been off.  I put refrigerator in a sunny spot for several days. Smell dissipated & didn't smell again when turned back on. Lizards were only allowed outside, on patio walls after that.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down