INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm

+7
Hensley
Parker
johninajijic
CanuckBob
Jim W
gringal
simpsca
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm Empty Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm

Post by simpsca Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 am

"Hole in One" Restaurant will have it's Grand Re-Opening

Featuring their New Chef

Free wine and margarita tasting plus appetizers from 5pm - 7pm Beer

This Friday - Sept. 29 at 5pm in San Antonio Tlayacapan

There may be a special event at the opening - details to follow later!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm Empty Re: Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm

Post by gringal Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:22 pm

So the question is: Who is the New Chef? Did something change since I saw the sandwich board in Superlake last week saying Chef Eric?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm Empty Re: Hole in One - Grand Reopening Fri, Sept. 30th 5 to 7pm

Post by simpsca Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I received this info last night from a friend who is tied up today. So I'm not sure who the chef is - I'm presuming it's chef Eric. Any way it doesn't cost anything to find out since snacks, wine and margaritas are free.

There is likely to be a jewelry show and sale at the same time upstairs by local artisans. But since the announcement is so last minute I haven't heard if they can make it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:50 pm

My understanding Eric is back.....Who cares....you like the place or pass..
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm not sure if I've ever had chef Eric's food so I don't care who the chef is but hope they are good. It's a convenient lunch spot and watering hole. And did I mention at the opening free margaritas? Beer
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:00 pm

That was the only part I caught and more than enough to entice me on over......... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

Don't forget tonight starting at 5pm at the new Hole in One in San Antonio Tlayacapan.

In addition to free margaritas, wine and appetiazers, some local jewelry artisans will be there. You can get a jump on your holiday shopping!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Don't forget to post how the reopening was and what a mob scene when it's "Free".
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:37 am

johninajijic wrote:Don't forget to post how the reopening was and what a mob scene when it's "Free".

Nothing wrong with “Free” it’s the presentation, service and the follow-up that matters. You have to get them in, then wow them and then keep it up at fair value. The only drawback here too many only want the “freebies” and have no concept (or can afford or want to afford) fair value.

We drove by tonight at about 5:45 pm and the place was packed. The parking lot has been empty for a very long time and I don’t believe it’s just “Eric’s” cooking. IMHO

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 am

Eric is not the chef there, he quit again 2 days before opening, real good guy, getting a bad rep here, I could care less I never liked the guy anywhere, he thought he was better than anyone else, and didn't care how long it took his food to go out.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 am

Yes, it was crowded, I parked across the street - I think he could have put tables all the way out to the driving range upstairs and it would not have been so crowded. They were making margaritas as fast as they could. There were a few jewelry artisans there - an nice added touch. And live music, also nice but difficult to talk. All in all a nice time.

Most restaurants close and reopen - but I thought this was a nice way to say, "We're open again".
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:50 am

Nice, perhaps. But I'll bet the owner is ready to spit nails after setting up this event....and then the chef quits two days before the Big Show.
It cost the owner plenty dinero to re-introduce Eric and the restaurant. If Eric hadn't walked out before, none of this would have been necessary.

Bet he doesn't hire him back. Anyone wanna take those bets? I'll hold the money.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:32 pm

All,
I spoke with Pancho from Super Lake today about Hole in One. He explained the story about Eric and why he isn't the Chef. Pancho said the new Chefs are two ladies from GDL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:02 pm

johninajijic wrote:All,
I spoke with Pancho from Super Lake today about Hole in One. He explained the story about Eric and why he isn't the Chef. Pancho said the new Chefs are two ladies from GDL.

O.K. John, now that you’ve set the bait, why wasn’t “Eric” the cook at this event? (perhaps it’s time for the “Octagon”, rumors etc.?) Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 am

Agreed. Time to tell the story, John. Teasing ain't fair.
Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 am

OK the rumor I heard is that Eric agreed to be the chef, reopening party was scheduled and two days before the event Eric changed his mind and quit before he started. The party went on, I'm sure it was a great expense to Pancho given the crowd and free flow of margaritas.

So I'm happy he has other chefs, and I'll be giving it a try. I give Pancho an A for effort.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:45 pm

simpsca wrote:OK the rumor I heard is that Eric agreed to be the chef, reopening party was scheduled and two days before the event Eric changed his mind and quit before he started. The party went on, I'm sure it was a great expense to Pancho given the crowd and free flow of margaritas.

So I'm happy he has other chefs, and I'll be giving it a try. I give Pancho an A for effort.

simpsca - I like the stuff you usually post, but let's get facts straight on this. Pancho has nothing to do with Hole in One. His Uncle owns it as he does La Paz liquors.

For others, Eric was supposed to be Chef, but he showed up with 3 others saying that management had to hire the other 3 too. Management only wanted Eric, so he turned and walked out.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:48 pm

John:

As long as you are demanding the facts - it is PAZ Liquors and not La Paz!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:52 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

As long as you are demanding the facts - it is PAZ Liquors and not La Paz!

I stand corrected. Can't make a mistake without someone "like you" making a correction.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm

I didn't know Pancho didn't own Hole in One - he was there managing the whole re-opening event and he has a bill board in his store listing specials and advertising the re-opening. He has promoted it all along. Sorry if I got the ownership wrong - nice thing to do for his uncle. Pancho just seems to be the one who is promoting the restaurant.

I don't know Chef Eric and I didn't say or know why he decided not to work there, nor do I care why. I just hope the new chef/chefs are good. And I hope they make a success of it, with the snow birds coming back they just might.

Any way it was a nice opening event.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:30 pm

johninajijic wrote:
simpsca wrote:OK the rumor I heard is that Eric agreed to be the chef, reopening party was scheduled and two days before the event Eric changed his mind and quit before he started. The party went on, I'm sure it was a great expense to Pancho given the crowd and free flow of margaritas.

simpsca - I like the stuff you usually post, but let's get facts straight on this. Pancho has nothing to do with Hole in One. His Uncle owns it as he does La Paz liquors.

For others, Eric was supposed to be Chef, but he showed up with 3 others saying that management had to hire the other 3 too. Management only wanted Eric, so he turned and walked out.

Pancho is one of the owners.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:39 pm

David - And I suppose you think he owns Super Lake too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Not to worry John, had I not corrected you, David would have! But I see that you are trying to pick a fight with him anyway!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm

johninajijic wrote:David - And I suppose you think he owns Super Lake too.

No, but he's one of the owners. Do you know the name of the uncle that is the principal owner of SuperLake? BTW, it's not his uncle Paz that owns HIO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:30 am

David wrote:
johninajijic wrote:David - And I suppose you think he owns Super Lake too.

No, but he's one of the owners. Do you know the name of the uncle that is the principal owner of SuperLake? BTW, it's not his uncle Paz that owns HIO.

Pancho is NOT one of the owners of SL even though he tells people he is. So, if you believe him, you are gullible.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next