INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings in Chicago

Go down

Earnings in Chicago Empty Earnings in Chicago

Post by DaveP Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:12 pm

HARD WORK...
Every morning, the CEO of a large bank in Manhattan walks to the corner where a shoe shine is always located.
 He sits on the couch, examines the Wall Street Journal, and the shoe shine gives his shoes a shiny, excellent look.
 One morning the shoeshine asks the Executive Director:
 - What do you think about the situation in the stock market?
 The Director asks in turn arrogantly:
 - Why are you so interested in that - that topic?
 "I have a million dollars in your bank," the shoeshine says, "and I'm considering investing some of the money in the capital market."
 - What's your name?  –Asks the Director.
 - John Smith H.
 The Director arrives at the bank and asks the Manager of the Customer Department:
 - Do we have a client named John Smith H.?
 - Certainly –answers the Customer Service Manager–, he is a highly esteemed customer.  He has a million dollars in his account.
 The Director comes out, approaches the shoeshine, and says:
 - Mr. Smith, I ask you this coming Monday to be the guest of honor at our board meeting and tell us the story of your life.  I am sure we will have something to learn from you.
 At the board meeting, the Executive Director introduces him to the board members:
 - We all know Mr. Smith, who makes our shoes shine in the corner;  But Mr. Smith is also our esteemed customer with a million dollars in his account.  I invited him to tell us the story of his life.  I am sure we can learn from him.
 Mr. Smith began his story:
 - I came to this country fifty years ago as a young immigrant from Europe with an unpronounceable name.  I got off the ship without a penny.  The first thing I did was change my name to Smith.  I was hungry and exhausted.  I started wandering around looking for a job but to no avail.  Suddenly I found a coin on the sidewalk.  I bought an apple.  I had two options: eat the apple and quench my hunger or start a business.  I sold the apple for two dollars and bought two apples with the money.  I also sold them and continued in business.  When I started accumulating dollars, I was able to buy a set of used brushes and shoe polish and started polishing shoes.  I didn't spend a penny on entertainment or clothing, I just bought bread and some cheese to survive.  I saved penny by penny and after a while, I bought a new set of shoe brushes and ointments in different shades and expanded my clientele.  I lived like a monk and saved penny by penny.  After a while I was able to buy an armchair so that my clients could sit comfortably while cleaning their shoes, and that brought me more clients.  I did not spend a penny on the joys of life.  I kept saving every penny.  A few years ago, when the previous shoe shine on the corner decided to retire, I had already saved enough money to buy his shoeshine location at this great place.
Finally, three months ago, my sister, who was a whore in Chicago, passed away and left me a million dollars.

( I am sure I knew her when I worked in Chicago in the seventies)
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum