INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CI Banco

+6
barbicheesecake
MexicoPete
artsnob
slainte39
CanuckBob
autumndreams
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CI Banco Empty CI Banco

Post by autumndreams Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:52 am

I'm considering using CI Banco as a second bank here. Has anyone had any experience with them?

TIA

autumndreams

Back to top Go down

CI Banco Empty Re: CI Banco

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Not personally but I've never heard anything bad about them like some other banks around here.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 pm

I know a couple of people that really have the lack of ability to be banking anywhere in Mexico that can get the job done there, so they must have something going for them. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:42 pm

I also have good luck with them I deposit my checks from USA bank where my SS check goes, they also take stimulus check, most others won’t, I use my USA ATM in their machine, you can take 9000 pesos for only 17 charge..

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:50 pm

Centrally located, ample parking, low fees, foreigner client friendly, and I assume honest.
What more could you want?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:25 am

Slainte39, don't you like the great coffee at Actinver? And your own place to park? Sometimes they even have cookies. Well they did until Corona came to town. I sure wish she would leave and go back where she came from.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:22 am

MexicoPete wrote:Slainte39, don't you like the great coffee at Actinver?  And your own place to park? Sometimes they even have cookies.  Well they did until Corona came to town. I sure wish she would leave and go back where she came from.

NO!!…..and I wouldn´t bank at Actinver under any circumstance.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Bubba2shoes and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Is this the bank that is located in the Centro Laguna shopping center? If so I have an experience to relate.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:Is this the bank that is located in the Centro Laguna shopping center? If so I have an experience to relate.

There are two banks located in Centro Laguna Mall, HSBC and CI Banco.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:55 am

"NO!!…..and I wouldn´t bank at Actinver under any circumstance."

Why not? What are your objections?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:08 am

Perhaps Slainte went through the same growing pains with Actinver that we did. When it was Lloyd's, it was the epitome of efficiency and one of the very few financial institutions in Mexico that helped foreigners. I established an account with Lloyd's in San Miguel de Allende in '96. Everything was ticketyboo until they sold to Actinver. Efficiency, customer service and honesty fell through the floor and I finally closed the account in 2014 after many fights with them trying to get money from MY account. One of the stupidest was having the whole account frozen while waiting for a foreign check to go through. Say what? I wasn't withdrawing on funds that weren't already there.
Remember that there were no ATM's in Mexico (well, none in any of the places we lived) in 1996. It was all done the old fashioned way by standing in line for a teller.
Times change, people change and businesses change. They lost my account as a result and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

RVGRINGO, Bubba2shoes and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:17 am

They lost my Mother's, too, after the changeover. By that time I was already sick of their odd policies of withholding, always having to suck up to one of the officers just to get anything done.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and RVGRINGO like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:24 am

No kidding. I had been using ATM's for regular weekly withdrawals for years by the time I closed the account. Worked just fine. The money in Actinver was emergency money that was rarely withdrawn. And, dammit, it WAS an emergency for payment for Doctors, Hospitals and Surgeries.
After 8 weeks, I found out that the cheque that I had written was STILL in Mexico and hadn't even found its way to my Canadian account. Oy vey!
As soon as it cleared, I closed the account.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:41 am

ATM problems with security and the fees may be more of a problem with some than going directly to the bank for cash withdrawal.  Suspect

I noticed that the proposed new location will be much more convenient for customers, with more parking. As always, nothing is set in concrete re banking choices, so that's the reason for the questions.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 am

gringal wrote:ATM problems with security and the fees may be more of a problem with some than going directly to the bank for cash withdrawal.  Suspect

I noticed that the proposed new location will be much more convenient for customers, with more parking. As always, nothing is set in concrete re banking choices, so that's the reason for the questions.

New location for who? Actinver?....Not interested! Where are they moving to?

Without a detailed explanation, I will just say that they totally mismanaged an account for me, also, I know several other people besides the ones complaining here that had serious problems, and their exchange rates for foreign currencies is highway robbery.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:35 am

Not Actinver: Ci Banco has a proposed new location (Sign is up) at the new mini mall in the west end of Ajijic; lake side. There is a large mattress store closest to the Carreterra in that complex, very visible.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:41 am

gringal wrote:Not Actinver:  Ci Banco has a proposed new location (Sign is up) at the new mini mall in the west end of Ajijic; lake side.  There is a large mattress store closest to the Carreterra in that complex, very visible.

You are really confused about these banks!

CI Banco is moving no where, period.
Intercam is opening a second location where you say CI Banco is moving to. Intercam will continue with it´s present location next to Oxxo on the Carretera, in Ajijic, also.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CI Banco Empty HSBC

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:47 pm

slainte39 wrote:
barbicheesecake wrote:Is this the bank that is located in the Centro Laguna shopping center? If so I have an experience to relate.

There are two banks located in Centro Laguna Mall, HSBC and CI Banco.

Thanks slainte39; I had forgotten about HSBC
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:04 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:Not Actinver:  Ci Banco has a proposed new location (Sign is up) at the new mini mall in the west end of Ajijic; lake side.  There is a large mattress store closest to the Carreterra in that complex, very visible.

Intercam is opening a second location where you say CI Banco is moving to. Intercam will continue with it´s present location next to Oxxo on the Carretera, in Ajijic, also.

A thousand pardons, Senor.  Confused, si, but not "really confused".   Very Happy When I went past there this morning, I noted that it is Intercam, not Ci Banco.  It may also remain at another location as well.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 pm

We have banked with Bancomer here in Ajijic sor about 18 years mainly because when we moved here in 2001, the Bancomer branch was pretty much our only choice except what is now Activer where we will not bank after our experience with Lloyd when we first moved here. Bancomer is also convenient from our other home in Chiapas and I like the fact that they have branches in so many places but , while I have had no problems with Bancomer, I still live by Rule #1 in Mexico and continue to keep almost all of our accounts in our major U.S. based international bank. I was a U.S. national bank examiner and then commercial banker in San Francisco for many years before retiring here and no way would I move the bulk of our accounts to a Mexican bank. I keep only mmoney I can easily afford to lose in Mexican chartered banks. To each his or her own.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

gringal, ferret, RVGRINGO and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Amen Bubba...

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Bubba's advice is what anyone making Mexico home should pay attention to. There is no way we would have the bulk of our savings in any of the Mexican banks. We have a convenience account in one of them, but would not be seriously hurt if things went "wrong" and we lost the money.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:21 pm

My Scotia bank in Canada now offers online wire transfers to any bank in the world so if we need access to a large amount we just wire transfer to our BBVA account here in Mexico.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:40 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

A thousand pardons, Senor.  Confused, si, but not "really confused".   Very Happy When I went past there this morning, I noted that it is Intercam, not Ci Banco.  It may also remain at another location as well.

Sorry, I was thinking of myself when I said "really confused", because if went to Intercam when wanting to go to CI Banco, I would say to my myself, "you are REALLY" confused today laddie and haven´t even had a drop. lol!

Intercam is DEFINITELY going to have the two locations.  Dario will remain manager at the first location and I believe Daniel, an exec there now, will move over to the second location, as the manager there. Two locations for the Ajijic branch, so to speak.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Have a drop and enjoy the confusion!
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder