INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE work

+3
ferret
CanuckBob
Dostortas
7 posters

Go down

CFE work Empty CFE work

Post by Dostortas Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:01 pm

CFE is working on a few streets in our neighborhood. They sent a notice of service interruption for April 8. Service is actually interrupted today and within an hour of no electricity the street has become considerably busier. If it’s not crucial work, perhaps they could forego planned service interruptions while everyone is being encouraged to stay inside and stay home. Gods of CFE please hear me. 😎

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CFE work Empty Re: CFE work

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:08 pm

Well maybe if they didn't fix it you could have been without power much longer with no notice.....???

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Short term pain for long term gain. They replaced many poles in Riberas, in the summer of 2018. Six FULL day outages and no interruptions since. Sorry you're going through this but it will be worth it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Its definitely upgrade work which is great but everyone is out on the street because otherwise they’re sitting around inside their house with no electricity for several hours. I feel for the folks with kids at home and no power all day. My point being all day. Still praying to the CFE Gods. 😎

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Dostortas wrote:  If it’s not crucial work, perhaps they could forego planned service interruptions while everyone is being encouraged to stay inside and stay home.  Gods of CFE please hear me.  😎

Your suggestion will fall on deaf ears, Gods or anyone else, so save your breath for something you MIGHT be able to do something about.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 pm

Dostortas wrote:CFE is working on a few streets in our neighborhood.  They sent a notice of service interruption for April 8.  Service is actually interrupted today and within an hour of no electricity the street has become considerably busier.  If it’s not crucial work, perhaps they could forego planned service interruptions while everyone is being encouraged to stay inside and stay home.  Gods of CFE please hear me.  😎

I guess you weren't home when they went around knocking on doors telling people about today. Completely separate from the notice about the 8th.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 am

New concrete poles and some wiring going on in SE San Antonio T. Shutdown yesterday lasted about three hours. It is worth it as lakeside infrastructure was not too good in the past. We need to do this.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:53 am

You'll be happy to know I am the instigator of all this.

A couple of years ago, I took a photo into CFE showing how the pole in front of my place was badly deteriorating: rebar showing throught the crumbling concrete; pole at an ominous angle; far too many wires jerry-rigged at the top. Within two weeks they decided it was unsafe for their workers. While replacing mine, I can only assume they took a look around and realized this was a massive safety issue for everyone, workers and clients, and someone at the top decided to do something about it.

For a company like CFE, where money is regularly siphoned into the pockets of the executives, this is no small undertaking, and I have to hand it to them for doing at least one thing right.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringohombre Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am

For a couple of weeks now have been replacing poles in lower SAT and luz out for long periods. I took a close look at some of the poles laying on the ground that they had replaced...looked perfectly good to me. Have a feeling that someone's brother, cousin or "business partner" is in the concrete pole business.

gringohombre

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 pm

gringohombre wrote:For a couple of weeks now have been replacing poles in lower SAT and luz out for long periods. I took a close look at some of the poles laying on the ground that they had replaced...looked perfectly good to me. Have a feeling that someone's brother, cousin or "business partner" is in the concrete pole business.

Well I live in SAT and all the poles I have seen coming down needed to be replaced. They are also replacing some of the wires on the high voltage grid on top of the concrete poles. I can't say I see what you are saying to be valid. You may be seeing shorter perfectly good poles being replaced with taller poles but I don't know for sure.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down