INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket?

+4
phxfunguy
Gamina
brigitte
Problem Child
8 posters

Go down

Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket? Empty Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket?

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

Love my new reflective vest. I may paint my ATV to match. razberry

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket? Empty Re: Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket?

Post by brigitte Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 am

where the ticket tells you .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket? Empty Re: Currently, where do I pay a traffic ticket?

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 11:52 am

brigitte wrote:where the ticket tells you .

I assume you have never received a ticket here. I can't read Spanish and looking at both sides, I can't see where it says to go.

Thank you so much for the help.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue May 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Any Oxxo or 7 Eleven.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 pm

I pay the tickets when I renew my license.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Gamina wrote:Any Oxxo or 7 Eleven.

Thank you Gamina. A direct response and not sarcasm. IMO, it would be great if someone has an answer and/or direct response that they give it. Anything past that point is fine though it's rhetoric, sometimes worth reading and sometimes not. However, giving the "answer" first let's me choose what if any more I want to read.

BTW, I ended up at "Motor Vehicle" office in Chapala. About 10 minute wait. Not cheap tickets, but I was in the wrong. Over $900, and that was with the "quick pay" discount.

Again. Thank you.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 pm

A friend of mine just got a cycle vest ticket in front of Walmart. He had everything in order, papers, helmet, etc., had bought a new vest as he'd lost the previous one, had the marker in his pocket but hadn't written the plate # on the back yet as he was on his way home from the store to do it and got snagged. He paid at the usual place, the Recaudadora on Degollado in Chapala all the way east on the street in the last block beore the end. The 50% reduced rate for paying within 2 weeks was $485 and he was surprised it was so high for such a minor infraction.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 6:34 pm

Please tell me what is the
marker" that has to have the plate #.

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 pm

He had the Magic Marker in his pocket that he'd just purchased to write his plate# on the back of his vest as this is a legal requirement for cycles and motorbikes and because he hadn't written it on yet, it cost him $485.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 6:51 pm

phxfunguy wrote:He had the Magic Marker in his pocket that he'd just purchased to write his plate# on the back of his vest as this is a legal requirement for cycles and motorbikes and because he hadn't written it on yet, it cost him $485.

You're Kidding (NOT!). I did notice ONE vest with the plate I.D. on the back. Thanks for the heads-up.

If the cops were to stop/cite every bike/ATC that doesn't follow the laws, they would not only need more cops on the streets, but would bring into the coffers of the government some very serious bucks at near $500 per infraction. And I was actually written up for two separate infractions. One for no lights on (I have now taped the light switch "on") and no vest.

I thought fines for most traffic offenses were pegged to so many days wages as set by law. Of course, the fines may have gone up since I last looked.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

This too will pass but better be legal right now.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 7:26 pm

phxfunguy wrote:This too will pass but better be legal right now.

Hopefully it will pass because people will get into compliance.

And I strongly second the idea about too many people on a scooter/ATV. I have seen young children riding as passengers w/o helmets. Can you imagine how a parent would feel if there is an accident and his/her child injured or killed? Things can happen irregardless of whose fault is is.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kamcd Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 pm

You are seriously getting on my nerves. Don't you have friends or family or anything other than this board? Look at how much space you take up with your petty questions and gripes. Come on, time for a tiny time out so that the grown-ups can talk. Gracias (that is "thank you" in a language you have not bothered to learn.

kamcd

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Yep. But just in case you can't get enough of PC's petty questions that his Mexican wife can't answer here you can always hop on over to TOB and read them again under yet another name Eric Blair.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 10:03 pm

kamcd wrote:You are seriously getting on my nerves. Don't you have friends or family or anything other than this board? Look at how much space you take up with your petty questions and gripes. Come on, time for a tiny time out so that the grown-ups can talk. Gracias (that is "thank you" in a language you have not bothered to learn.

Solution: Save yourself misery and use the "Ignore" feature for me. That would help me too. razberry

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue May 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Problem Child wrote:

And I strongly second the idea about too many people on a scooter/ATV. I have seen young children riding as passengers w/o helmets. Can you imagine how a parent would feel if there is an accident and his/her child injured or killed? Things can happen irregardless of whose fault is is.

No, I can’t. But I can imagine how a parent would feel if there was an accident caused by an old fool on an ATV and his/her child was injured or killed and the old fool said life is an inherent risk. I would see to it that that irresponsible old man died in a Mexican jail never again seeing the light of day.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue May 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Problem Child wrote:

No, I can’t. But I can imagine how a parent would feel if there was an accident caused by an old fool on an ATV and his/her child was injured or killed and the old fool said life is an inherent risk. I would see to it that that irresponsible old man died in a Mexican jail never again seeing the light of day.

Beer <--- Pass-out and give it up.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Problem Child wrote:
kamcd wrote:You are seriously getting on my nerves. Don't you have friends or family or anything other than this board? Look at how much space you take up with your petty questions and gripes. Come on, time for a tiny time out so that the grown-ups can talk. Gracias (that is "thank you" in a language you have not bothered to learn.

Solution: Save yourself misery and use the "Ignore" feature for me. That would help me too. razberry

I wish CBob would use HIS ignore feature on you!!!  razberry

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Me too!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down