INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar power

+4
CanuckBob
Chapalagringa
Rolly
David
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solar power - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar power

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 am

From what I've heard it's mostly people with swimming pools that are in the DAC rate. And given what I've seen some people quote as their bi-monthly payment, David do you have a pool? And even at the bi-monthly cost some people with pools are quoted it's still about what I was paying for my house in NJ without swimming poll and gone all day because I was working.

But when you retire costs are important and people with a pool definitely get a pay back for their investment. I am looking into solar hot water as soon as the rains stop. For electric the costs have already come down and my bill is not very high so I'll wait and hope costs come down more.

simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Solar power - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar power

Post by David Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 am

It's not about pool pumps. Our pool and some other things are on a separate meter. The house alone has always been in the DAC rate. If you use over 3000kWhrs per 12 month period (500 kWhrs per bill) you'll be in the DAC rate. NOB we used 1,000 kWhrs per month, here we use 350 but the bill is much higher here.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2