INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best internet option in Jocotepic?

+4
martygraw
suegarn
CanuckBob
inthecolumbiagorge
8 posters

Go down

Best internet option in Jocotepic?  Empty Best internet option in Jocotepic?

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:28 am

We will be moving lakeside in a month or two to Jocotepic or more accurately I guess to the area called Jaltepic on Google Maps and I searched here but could not find a definitive answer to my question:/ I am hoping that someone knows what our internet options are in that area or if we even have options?

We found a lovely lake front privately gated home for an incredible price and we could not be more excited:-)

inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Best internet option in Jocotepic?  Empty Re: Best internet option in Jocotepic?

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:46 am

Welcome to the area. I don't know all the options but I would think at the very least you would get a Telcel signal over there so you could use the cellular for internet.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Best internet option in Jocotepic?  Empty Re: Best internet option in Jocotepic?

Post by suegarn Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 am

CanuckBob wrote:Welcome to the area. I don't know all the options  but I would think at the very least you would get a Telcel signal over there so you could use the cellular for internet.

Actually, I lived in La Cristina for a year and a half, and the Telcel signal in that area was horrible! Phone calls constantly dropping out, no matter where I stood on the property. Jaltepec is not far from there, so I don't know if they'd get a better signal or not. I don't recall seeing any cellphone towers in that area.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 pm

We have lived in Jocotepec for 17 years, have had Telmex internet for the past 8 years and have had no prob at all. We have the $389.00 program that gives us 5mb , and we get 5mb.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Good news Marty. For the $389 package, Telmex now gives you "Hasta" or up to 10 Mgb/sec down. And should your connection be good, you should get about that. I do in my neighborhood in Ajijic. Yet I know other neighborhoods closeby that do not.

However the upload speed is about 1/20 th of that; up to 0.655 Mgbits/sec . which sucks

Good to see you posting Marty.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Jaltepec is closer to Jocotepec than it is to La Cristina, if that is any consolation.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 pm

A LOT closer.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes. And its probably more like El Chante. I believe the answer to the OP's question is - depends on the house. Hope the OP checked internet before plunking down a lot of money. Far as i know, its TelMex or Telecable. Maybe Spider or doesn't Rod have a tower or something in Chante, Pete?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Thanks Pete, I will look into "Hasta", Marilyn, not sure if Rod is still doing the internet.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:46 pm

I was only commenting on the Telcel signal strength in that area, not Telmex or Telecable. Telcel signals are not very reliable out in that area. As I said before, I lived in La Cristina for over a year and a half. Every time I tried to make a simple phone call on my cellphone, they would drop out. I never recall seeing a cell tower anywhere out there. And my landlady taught at the school in Jaltepec, and she told me that the Telcel signal strength wasn't good there either.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 am

I don't know about La Christina but there are several cell towers near El Chante. A few of them are painted to look like tall pine trees.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 am

That's true, CB, and I never had a TelCel problem when living in Joco. BUT Sue is right about La Cristina! No cell towers so very very poor cell service and TelMex internet is very unreliable too. Off and on, off and on, reset modem etc. Nice place to live if you don't need internet to be stable.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 am

My consuegros live in El Tempisque, next to Jaltepec, and they haven't any problem with Telcel connection service.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am

martygraw wrote:Thanks Pete, I will look into "Hasta", Marilyn, not sure if Rod is still doing the internet.

I seem to remember that he no longer is in the internet provider business. You might check with him though. Because I could very well be wrong.

If his number is not in the phonebook, you could always drive to his house, which is just slightly east of Joco, and is the only home which has a very tall antenna on it. Please let us know what you find out.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm

I so appreciate the feedback!

There is a cell tower that looks like a funny tree very close to the home. The local guy that takes care of the home for the owner living in the states said the last tenant had internet and wifi so I am hopeful.

This home is so wonderful that I will deal with the internet issue before I would give up the house but we will figure it out:-) It is lakefront now but it will be interesting to see how that changes with the fluctuating lake level.

Again I appreciate the time given to post this shared information!

inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Trailrunner wrote:That's true, CB, and I never had a TelCel problem when living in Joco. BUT Sue is right about La Cristina! No cell towers so very very poor cell service and TelMex internet is very unreliable too. Off and on, off and on, reset modem etc. Nice place to live if you don't need internet to be stable.

WE have had Telmex in Joco for 6 years now and have never had a problem, it has never gone off and have had a steady 5 mb all the time.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down