INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ?

4 posters

Go down

Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ? Empty Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ?

Post by cerebrozo Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 am

Has anyone successfully used the -- FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov -- e-mail address to get help concerning U.S. social security matters from the Guadalajara consulate?

I've sent two messages in the last three weeks and only received a "do not reply" automated response each time.

(FBU-Federal Benefits Unit is the service people living outside the U.S.A. use to solve issues related to social security benefits and claims, etc.)
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

SteveM1955 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ? Empty Re: Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ?

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

What does the auto-response message say? I have successfully used it in the past, but it was quite a while ago. Have you tried calling them?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ? Empty Re: Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ?

Post by cerebrozo Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 am

Trailrunner wrote:What does the auto-response message say? I have successfully used it in the past, but it was quite a while ago. Have you tried calling them?

Can't call them on the phone any more (33-3268-0800) -- they eliminated that option awhile back and went to a 100% e-mail process. The auto-response merely says "we got your message . . .)

Soc. sec. help via FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov ? Junk10
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Hmmm. And it's been well over 5 working days. . .and they have all your contact info and info requested by them, right?

They may be swamped what with all the SS people moving to the area. I'd probably give them a little more time or go up there or contact SS in the US.

Suerte.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:20 pm

I will look up the email addresses I used when I applied for SS down here and also the one I used a few years ago when I was cut off when I never got the “Are you alive” letter. Very quick service then and nice people t deal with but they might me long gone.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm

This is probably the one you used: FBU.GUADALAJARA@ssa.gov

Here's the one to the nice employee: Michelle.Bardales AT ssa.gov (remove the spaces and use the at sign) I hope she's still there. Good luck.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

SteveM1955 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks for that email, CB. Very nice people and usually very responsive.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

Update: Please note I did receive a return phone call from the Guadalajara consulate today. I believe Trailrunner is correct -- with so many expats here making inquiries, wait times are understandably running a little longer than before.
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Excellent, good to hear. They've always been very helpful.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikewillis029 Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:50 pm

I have also been trying to contact the Guadalajara Consulate to apply for my social security benefits. The Federal Benefits unit is what they are called. I have sent 3 emails in the last 3 weeks with only the same auto reply. "Will contact you in 5 business days" I am experiencing the same as Cerebrozo on this forum. I have used these phone numbers also: 01 33 3268-0800 and 01 800 772-6394 with no luck.
Can anyone help me.
Thank You

mikewillis029

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down