INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads up re driver to Guadalajara...

+7
Trailrunner
Ocelot
Problem Child
Intercasa
gringal
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
11 posters

Go down

Heads up re driver to Guadalajara... Empty Heads up re driver to Guadalajara...

Post by Carry Bean Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:56 pm

On Monday, I called the Miramontes family to pick up me and a friend to take me to Guadalajara where I was supposed to get a needle in my eye (don’t ask.) I spoke to the older gentleman there. He assured me the driver would be there at 9:30 AM as I told him it was a medical procedure and promptness was important.

Complete no show. I called and this time talked with probably the older gentleman’s wife who had no clue what
I was talking about. She’s babbling in the background to someone and tells me 10 minutes. That was a lie because I heard whoever she was talking to say at least 30 minutes. It took over an hour and still had to pick the friend up in Ajijic. I wasn’t the picture of calm having to face a needle in my eyeball and was seething over this.

Now before everyone tells me how wonderful the Miramontes are and how THEY have never had a problem, I could have said the same before except for the time I had a late afternoon flight and Luis called me at 2:00 AM to make sure I was ready for his pick up at 2:30 AM. Rolling Eyes that had me awake for the rest of the night.

Verify if the older man takes your booking or you might be left in the lurch too.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Heads up re driver to Guadalajara... Empty Re: Heads up re driver to Guadalajara...

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:01 pm

I stopped using them a few years ago after one of them charged a guest 750 pesos for a ride from the airport to Ajijic.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Heads up re driver to Guadalajara... Empty Re: Heads up re driver to Guadalajara...

Post by gringal Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:26 pm

I have found it best to call the driver directly. I like Francisco Miramontes, one of the sons. Never a problem and he has helped with translating as well.
His number is :376 766 1142 or 376 766 7048 (for his accounting office.)

Another reliable driver is Rene Castaneda : 762-0127 or 333 143 2352 (not sure of that one.) He is also a good locksmith.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:54 pm

That’s the one who picked me up (Francisco). He was nice and it wasn’t his fault this happened. I’ll keep the other name for the future. I tried to email Luis but he never responded.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm

They have communications issues at times
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Personally, I have used Miramontes for years, always to the airport. They have come as early as 0345 for an 0330 call. Never missed a beat. Cost was $450 and I started making it $500 maybe 3 years ago, and I just give $500 and it's happily accepted.

Interesting thing is that a few weeks ago, we took Miramontes to Guadalajara, probably half again as far as the airport, and it was $600. When we went to return, got a good Uber price and the driver came. The driver said after we were in the car and he used his GPS, that it was farther than he thought and wanted us to go off-the-meter back. I declined. Called another Uber who took the app rate and got us back. I gave him a tip making it the $600.

Problem is that anything can happen. Accident, breakdown, whatever, so we always plan to arrive very early. Better to be an hour early than 10 minutes late when it comes to a plane trip.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm

I contact them by e-mail and confirm the day before I am going. I rarely use a phone for anything anymore because then there is no written record. Phone calls are easy to forget if someone is in the middle of driving somewhere or otherwise busy with something.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 pm

That's a good point, Ocelot. I prefer texting, same reason, there is a "paper" trail.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:49 am

This is why I’m glad Uber is here. Less costly and maybe service will improve with local drivers. Nobody needs the stress before a medical procedure or having to be on time for a flight. This isn’t rocket science.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am

We have used Francisco & family for years and call well in advance to get on his reservation book. While on the phone, he gets his book and goes to the date and time taxi is needed and he writes it down (at his house) while I am on the phone. Then always I confirm the day before pick up and they check the book to make sure it has been recorded. this has worked for 11 years for us.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Keep in mind that the price of gas is going up up up ! About 2 years ago it would cost me max 500 pesos to fill my Tsuru tank. Last week it cost me 770 pesos.....

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Miramontes:

1. father Francisco (Pancho) 7661142, works with his oldest son Paulo and the almost youngest, Miguel. I don’t have their cells handy.
2. Luis miramontes works on his own. He has his own cell and email and a few drivers he can call on.
3. Pancho (second oldest son) works on his own, occasionally with his cousin or uncle. He is the accountant who returned to Ajijic a few years ago.
4. Francisco senior (the father, also referred to as Pancho) has a brother who drives as in #3 along with his son.

So basically the Miramontes are not the same small family of father and sons drivers as in the past. Years ago it was father, Luis, Miguel, and occasionally ...rarely....another son.

There are actually a lot of the Miramontes family out there driving. If you call the house, 766-1142, francisco’s Wife will often answer as she has the little tienda on the corner. She doesn’t speak English, gets a bit confused, and will try to find someone as she can...but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’ll find and post all of the familiy’s numbers and emails, although google works amazingly well.

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Miramontes:

1. father Francisco (Pancho) 7661142, works with his oldest son Paulo and the almost youngest, Miguel. I don’t have their cells handy.
2. Luis miramontes works on his own. He has his own cell and email and a few drivers he can call on.
3. Pancho (second oldest son) works on his own, occasionally with his cousin or uncle.
4. The father Francisco’s brother drives as in #3 along with his son.

So basically the Miramontes are not the same small family of father and sons drivers as in the past. Years ago it was father, Luis, Miguel, and occasionally ...rarely....another son.

There are actually a lot of the Miramontes family out there driving. If you call the house, 766-1142, francisco’s Wife will often answer as she has the little tienda on the corner. She doesn’t speak English, gets a bit confused, and will try to find someone as she can...

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm

I've been using the Miramontes family for 20+ years - only ONCE was there a problem with a late arrival. I talk to Francisco's wife and she takes the information in Spanish, repeats it to me. Last time I did call Francisco's cell, who was driving and said he'd call me back - which he did...

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Well, they aren’t getting a 3rd chance after two screw-ups especially when it comes to a scary medical procedure. They were good for 8 years and then they weren’t. Never again.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down