INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows

4 posters

Go down

Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows Empty Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 am

Hi,

I've used these guys just once to replace a shower door.  But, now I'm doing a whole-house project and would like to get comments from others who have used this company.  You can post here, or send me a PM ....  I would like feedback on doors and windows.   Francisco is the owner and had lived and worked in the US.

Thanks ....

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows Empty Re: Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows

Post by solajijic Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:27 pm

I am presently replacing aluminum windows that are 12 years old with ironwork. Its just a choice but it is also a resale decision for the style and location of the house.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows Empty iron work vs aluminum

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:00 pm

solajijic wrote:I am presently replacing aluminum windows that are 12 years old with ironwork.  Its just a choice but it is also a resale decision for the style and location of the house.

I have not thought about this .... does iron increase home value over aluminum? Or is it just preference between them and market value is about the same?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows Empty Re: Las Salvias Aluminum .... anyone used them for doors or windows

Post by cypress Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:54 am

I've used them to replace screens and fix locks on windows. They did nice work.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:34 am

Sherman wrote:
solajijic wrote:I am presently replacing aluminum windows that are 12 years old with ironwork.  Its just a choice but it is also a resale decision for the style and location of the house.

I have not thought about this .... does iron increase home value over aluminum?  Or is it just preference between them and market value is about the same?

I think it's about balance, security and style of home. I've had each and now I have both at the same time.
Things I like about aluminum: ease of opening and closing ; tight fitting screens ; keeps out the heat and the cold ; doesn't need painting.
Things I like about iron: security ; artistic element and style

The little house that I bought came with grilled iron windows and is a charming old style Mexican home. I installed sliding windows (in the same black) inside the existing window. Best of both worlds.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 am

ferret wrote:
Sherman wrote:

I have not thought about this .... does iron increase home value over aluminum?  Or is it just preference between them and market value is about the same?

I think it's about balance, security and style of home. I've had each and now I have both at the same time.
Things I like about aluminum: ease of opening and closing ; tight fitting screens ; keeps out the heat and the cold ; doesn't need painting.
Things I like about iron: security ; artistic element and style

The little house that I bought came with grilled iron windows and is a charming old style Mexican home. I installed sliding windows (in the same black) inside the existing window. Best of both worlds.

THANKS .... USEFUL!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:07 am

Just remember that it's a whole lot easier to put in aluminum windows than the iron ones which have posts on the side and literally get embedded into your wall. A bitch to put in and a bitch to take out.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:13 pm

The house that I am redoing is the charming old-style house and it has both types of windows. These aluminum windows are 12 years old and like others I have seen they have begun to rust at the edges etc... the aluminum windows I white look hunky and out of porportion and the glazing is all yellowed and they just aren't suited to the house. Since we are opening up the house for light we decided it was cost effective to redo all the windows to the iron style. I was surprised at the relatively modest cost.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down