INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety?

+18
DaveP
espíritu del lago
cypress
CanuckBob
Flamingo
Rosa Venus
slainte39
solajijic
Trailrunner
SunshineyDay
jubob2
gringal
lakeside7
brigitte
Wide Sky
RVGRINGO
rvanparys
tbeck3579
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety? - Page 4 Empty Re: Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety?

Post by tbeck3579 Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The Racquet Club has some incredible views and very nice houses. In the current market you will get a far better bang for your buck there than you will in Ajijic or Chapala centro's. If staying home is your thing then it will be perfect otherwise driving to Ajijic is 25 minutes and 75 topes (speedbumps) each way which wears thin very quickly.

Good luck with your move.

Thank you! I enjoyed last nights storm; beautiful lightening bolts over the lake. I did look at some nicer developments in Ajijic/Chapala this week for comparison sake. One thing I did not like was the noise and the other, you still have to drive to go anywhere unless you are into mountain climbing :) My knees complain loudly when mountain climbing so I think I'll drive :) I'm smiling as I think about what I saw in terms of "watch out, that mountain is going to win!" I understand the Raquet Club has "water spouts" which makes it more vulnerable, but OMG. Take a look at where they are building those high-end homes in Chapala/Ajijic! If I choose my lot carefully I should avoid major catastrophe at the Raquet Club; if purchasing lake views in Ajijic and Chapala I would choose carefully as well! I've been to Ajijic and Chapala 3 times from the Raquet Club since Sunday, both with a lot of traffic (holiday weekend) and early morning. It has taken less than 15 minute each time. I know I will enjoy frequenting the markets and street fairs but I can't see myself doing that more than once a month. I also can't see myself appreciating the noise of the highway or the city/town. I enjoy peace and tranquility; add beautiful lake and mountain views and I think I've died and gone to heaven. My mom was just the opposite so I can appreciate that all of us do what is right for us.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety? - Page 4 Empty Re: Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety?

Post by tbeck3579 Wed May 02, 2018 6:09 pm

gringal wrote:That bunch of photos you just posted would scare me into never considering buying property there.
Regardless of the cause, it was terrible destruction and I understand it was even worse in the town below.

You should check out what they are doing to the mountains above Ajijic and Chapala.
 Home Purchase Raquet Club - Mud Slides? Insurance? Safety? - Page 4 374777

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Wed May 02, 2018 6:13 pm

doc holiday wrote:Also. does this insurance have co-pay, deductible, and a loss limit?
Can Americans having a loos of a home on Mexico deduct that loss on US tax

All good questions. Just a hunch, but if you can deduct gambling losses... Is a home in Mexico considered a gamble hahahaha

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Can Americans deduct any foreign investment loss on something they haven't declared or paid US taxes on??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Wed May 02, 2018 6:49 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Can Americans deduct any foreign investment loss on something they haven't declared or paid US taxes on??

I don't know, but I would clearly state without hesitation, they were "gambling" hehehehe

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Well the good thing about real estate is you don't typically lose it all. If you play the long game you can usually come out OK.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well the good thing about real estate is you don't typically lose it all. If you play the long game you can usually come out OK.

"the long game"! At our age?

I don't even renew magazine subscriptions past one year. Don't ask me about extended warranties.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 pm

SunFan wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Well the good thing about real estate is you don't typically lose it all. If you play the long game you can usually come out OK.

I don't even renew magazine subscriptions past one year. Don't ask me about extended warranties.

SunFan

You're not that old SF. You got another year or two left in ya....... Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
SunFan wrote:

SunFan

You're not that old SF. You got another year or two left in ya....... Beer

You two are too funny :) If I have a roof over my head and food on my table I feel blessed, and in a better position than most of the world population.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 03, 2018 4:28 am

"The long game"?? At some point, seniors shouldn't buy green bananas.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4