INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

+10
simpsca
NealH
Gamina
MexicoPete
slainte39
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
Axixic
Seymour Sam
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. Empty Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

Post by Seymour Sam Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm

So Lisa Jorgensen is at it again. She has just announced her new FREE crime reporting site - https://lakechapalareporter.com/new-lake-chapala-crime-database-launched/
The woman can do nothing original.. .and this new crime page endeavor is geared only toward getting more paying subscribers to her online paper with rehashed news. Oh, and crime reports currently posted are lifted from web boards and Facebook pages. I can’t believe anyone trusts this woman.

Seymour Sam

Back to top Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. Empty Re: Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

Post by Axixic Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Likely inspired by all the attention the new Lake Chapala crime watch group on Facebook is receiving. They even got written up in the Guad Reporter.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. Empty Re: Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site... she just doesn’t give up.

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:21 pm

She can spot a potential money-making opportunity from a mile away. I wonder how long this will last before she (a) realizes she can’t actually make money at it, (b) she has bled any potential from it already, (c) another bright shiny object captures her attention, or (d) some harmless old person pisses her off and she goes on the attack alienating the few paying customers she had managed to sucker in.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:... another bright shiny object captures her attention...

Squirrel!

(If you know the film, UP.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:She can spot a potential money-making opportunity from a mile away. I wonder how long this will last before she (a) realizes she can’t actually make money at it, (b) she has bled any potential from it already, (c) another bright shiny object captures her attention, or (d) some harmless old person pisses her off and she goes on the attack alienating the few paying customers she had managed to sucker in.

Or (e) her in depth reporting on the local cartel activities coincides with her sudden disappearance.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 pm

lol
Or, "problems" with her immigration status . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Epitome of a "whack job"!!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 pm

There are always newbies showing up and The Chapala Reporter sounds like it is for real and her website getting you to sign up is very convincing. That said is there anyone out there who finds her subscription worth the $45 dollars per year she is now offering? Or the sometimes $30 dollar special she sometimes offers?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:57 pm

It is not even worth RECEIVING $45 dollars per year to sign up for the subscription. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Very Happy cheers Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Even at $30 she can't be guaranteed to put out a column on a regular basis. She may write for a couple of months and then "poof" she's gone for months before she reappears.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lisa Jorgensen’s new crime site...  she just doesn’t give up. Empty Contrary View

Post by NealH Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:26 pm

My political leanings always get me in trouble and results in receiving internet rude responses.

With that said, who is doing anything about local crime - except for whining about it on Facebook or blogs? Before the LC Reporter article, I wrote Ben White, Pres of LCS - asking why LCS doesn't get involved interfacing with local officials - regarding local crime. Ben responded to my letter, but avoided addressing my suggestions on local crime. LC Reporter is doing exactly what I had suggested LCS consider doing.

My unpopular comment is - bully for the LC Reporter. She has gotten public officials in one room together addressing the crime wave among expats and the local community. If this were to be successful, locals (such as LCS, etc) would need to get behind it and support it. This may be a rating tool and all smoke and mirrors. But, what if it were real???? What if the database shames local officials in doing their job?

I hope this tool works. If not, "I told you so" - I deserve.
NealH
NealH

Humor : none present

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:40 pm

The database is not hers. Like everything else she does, it is a rip-off of other people’s work. She did not get the public officials into the room. They were on the way there already. That meeting was in the planning stages long before Lisa sniffed an opportunity and decided to be a “leader.” It is just another example of her jumping in front of the parade waving a baton and shouting, “Follow me!” If you wish to applaud her “leadership” you are welcome to do so. Don’t expect a whole lot of support from people who have watched this con artist at work for far too long.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

NealH wrote:My political leanings always get me in trouble and results in receiving internet rude responses.

With that said, who is doing anything about local crime - except for whining about it on Facebook or blogs?  Before the LC Reporter article, I wrote Ben White, Pres of LCS - asking why LCS doesn't get involved interfacing with local officials - regarding local crime.  Ben responded to my letter, but avoided addressing my suggestions on local crime. LC Reporter is doing exactly what I had suggested LCS consider doing.  

My unpopular comment is - bully for the LC Reporter.  She has gotten public officials in one room together addressing the crime wave among expats and the local community.  If this were to be successful, locals (such as LCS, etc) would need to get behind it and support it.  This may be a rating tool and all smoke and mirrors.  But, what if it were real????  What if the database shames local officials in doing their job?

I hope this tool works.  If not, "I told you so" - I deserve.

I was this group that organized the meeting. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChapalaCrimeWatch/?ref=bookmarks LC Reporter just started up a competing crime site.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NealH Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Great idea. When I mentioned Facebook - was not referring to this website, but random postings. What was the Mayor's and Police Chief's response to your Facebook posting?
NealH
NealH

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Why would the Mayor and Police Chief of a small Mexican town be at all concerned about English language postings on social media read by a minuscule minority, when they serve for a short term, profit as much as they can, and may not be re-elected? Mexico is still a “face to face“ culture and the use of internet and social media is just not the same as in some other countries.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm

I may have agreed 5 years ago RV however social media is a powerful tool now. Both Chapala and Ajijic have websites. Elections are won and lost via social media, just ask Trump. Also I believe they changed the terms for the municipal mayor and he can run again.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes, I know that they can run again, but I also have doubts that they may be reelected, in most cases. Note that I specified English language postings. I suspect that the majority of the local population will not be reading those, and that the politicos know that & are pretty sure that the effect of such English postings upon their campaign might be close to nil. Am I missing something else?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes, you are missing the fact that both expats and Mexicans, including some government officials, have been posting on that Facebook page.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:24 pm

RV The presidente, the contact with the expats , I forgot her name and a police officer who speaks English have joined the Facebook group so they may not be interested but that is more than they have done with other forums.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Her name is Gloria Perales (sp?) I believe. We worked with her to get those ridiculously high topes on 16th de Septiembre removed. You can get things done if you put it in writing and follow the proper procedures.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NealH Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Gloria Perales (Expat Laison).  That is great they are looking at Facebook.  But, the goal is to reduce crime.  This will only happen if the officials take notice and act.  It could take a long time for this to happen.  AND, now there are 2 competing databases - they will likely struggle. The police have endorsed the LC Reporter database.  It sounds like the police will have a similar database in Spanish.  What is missing for the police and LCR is the social media component.  The Facebook site has over 1,000 members and about 150 postings since it's debut.  However, the Facebook site has several weak points.  1) database is not configured as the police's database and is not as configurable as LCR (I assume this is an accurate statement).   2) Facebook has no filter.  LCR filters all postings before they go live.  In the wild internet west - Facebook un-filtering is preferred.  But, diplomacy is called for when dealing with public officials - which is why they would prefer the filtered version.  I would suggest combining the best of the both world's.  Link the facebook page and blogging - to the LCR database.  I understand LCR stole a great idea - but the horses are out of the barn.  Both positions have a lot to offer.  LCR would get instant data feed.  Facebook creators would receive 3 benefits:  1. Satisfaction this is moving forward with Mexican political approval.  2.  Potential to reduce crime (which is what we all want).  3.  If advertising can be generated through the Facebook site - arrange that LCR take XX% and the other XX% go to a victim support group (or some such charity).
NealH
NealH

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Personally, I'm just not that interested in crime. Sure I like to hear something that strikes close but otherwise I couldn't think of a more depressing thing to sit around reading (except TOB of course). I never followed any "crime blogs" back home either.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Frankly when the governor of Jalisco says crime will get worst, I doubt that it will go down very much no matter what anyone says. By the way the crime liested on all of the facebooks, or forum is very light compared to what you see a little bit everywhere happning in the Mexican community so I wouls not think much is going to change. One woman was beten up and that is serious but the rest is all about wallets lifted, computers being stolen, break.ins etc.. no real violent crime and when you read the papers and see what is happening in Mexico in general even in small town , the crime so far in the Chapala area on expat s pretty light weight..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Oh, Neal. You cock-eyed optimist. It does not matter who you think has been endorsed. Do you have any idea how many businesses, projects, and programs Lisa has begun and then walked away from? You don’t, because if you did you would not think putting anybody’s eggs in her basket is going to be a long-term investment that will bring results. CBob and Brigitte know what they are talking about. They are not jumping at the latest fad hoping to make a few bucks before people wise up or they grow bored. They are here for the long haul. You would be wise to listen to what they are saying.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next