INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

+7
Carry Bean
ltollefs
dixonge
addtocart
CanuckBob
merry
JayBear
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group - Page 2 Empty Re: Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

Post by ltollefs Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am

Gringal, Chris Hedges' latest book, America: The Farewell Tour, does, in part, look at the current opoid crisis and the role the pharmaceutical companies played in it's creation. I'm only a third the way through but based on what I've read thus far, I recommend it.

ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group - Page 2 Empty Re: Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

Post by mattoleriver Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:07 am

ltollefs wrote:Gringal, Chris Hedges' latest book, America: The Farewell Tour, does, in part, look at the current opoid crisis and the role the pharmaceutical companies played in it's creation. I'm only a third the way through but based on what I've read thus far, I recommend it.
Along those same lines I would recommend Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic by Sam Quinones. Big pharma, their lobbyists, our legislators and Mexican drug syndicates all have very dirty hands.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:35 am

It seems what goes around comes around. Didn’t the British do something similar to China. I wouldn’t be surprised if China was a hidden avenging angel in all this.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Doctors also have a hand in this. It got to be very easy (and quick) to fork over a prescription rather than take the time to deal with the real issues. Back in the late ‘60’s and early ‘70’s when I was battling booze I was always handed prescriptions from Thorazine to every kind of tranquilizer and anti-depressant on the market. Luckily I never filled them. Booze was easier until it wasn’t but I’m forever grateful I never wanted legal or illegal drugs.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Even here, doctors over prescribe drugs. When I had disk surgery last February, the doctor prescribed some heavy duty stuff which left me in a state of zombieism. I quit long before the drugs ran out, from self-preservation.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2